"Marvel's Spider-Man" (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 5 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roxas_Sora

Does anyone knows if Marvel Animation will be at New Yowk Comic Con 2018? They usually keep Spider-Man's news for this convention, which is appropiated because of Spider-Man living in New York. Anyway, if there's going to be a Marvel Animation Panel at NYCC 2018, I hope they will reveal information of the upcoming episodes of "Marvel's Spider-Man". I DO NOT want the stinking "Superior Spider-Junk" plot to last for the rest of Season 2.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
I'm pretty sure there will be a panel at the New York Comic-Con, but it's still early so no details have been released yet. I kind of doubt we'll hear anything official before mid-September at the earliest. And personally, I expect them to cover only Avengers and Guardians. But of course I could be wrong and Spider-Man might as well be featured for all we know.

For the record, I do plan on starting a "Marvel Animation at NYCC" thread tomorrow or later next week, like I did in Summer for SDCC. Even without official announcements for the panel yet, people can still speculate about all that stuff.

Frontier

Staff member
I'm pretty sure there will be a panel at the New York Comic-Con, but it's still early so no details have been released yet. I kind of doubt we'll hear anything official before mid-September at the earliest. And personally, I expect them to cover only Avengers and Guardians. But of course I could be wrong and Spider-Man might as well be featured for all we know.

For the record, I do plan on starting a "Marvel Animation at NYCC" thread tomorrow or later next week, like I did in Summer for SDCC. Even without official announcements for the panel yet, people can still speculate about all that stuff.
I think whether they'll mention the show or not will depend a lot on when exactly it comes back, like early next year or next Summer.

Granted, I wouldn't be surprised if they got a question about how they'll be approaching the Superior storyline.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Yeah, I imagine there will be a few Spider-Man related questions during the Q&A session, regardless of whether the show will be discussed or not prior to that during the panel.

Frontier

Staff member
Yeah, I imagine there will be a few Spider-Man related questions during the Q&A session, regardless of whether the show will be discussed or not prior to that during the panel.
Probably a longshot, but I wonder if anyone will ask when Mary Jane will finally show up :p?

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
They'll probably just point out she's already appeared, we just didn't see her face because of that mascot suit she was wearing.

Another thing to keep in mind is, even if they do receive questions about the show, there's always the chance they won't give a straight answer.

Frontier

Staff member
They'll probably just point out she's already appeared, we just didn't see her face because of that mascot suit she was wearing.

Another thing to keep in mind is, even if they do receive questions about the show, there's always the chance they won't give a straight answer.
That totally sounds like something Wacker would say :p.

SweetShop209

There's apparently a Spider-Man video game coming out tomorrow (not based on this series, just so we're clear) that has Laura Bailey voicing Mary Jane Watson, meaning that she and Kari Wahlgren both have the honor of voicing both her and Gwen Stacy. I could see Laura potentially reprising the role of MJ for this series should she make a full physical appearance .

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
The game is a big deal. I didn't realize Laura was playing MJ in it.

If MJ ever showed up here, I could totally picture her being like the Marvel Rising version.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Frontier

Staff member
There's apparently a Spider-Man video game coming out tomorrow (not based on this series, just so we're clear) that has Laura Bailey voicing Mary Jane Watson, meaning that she and Kari Wahlgren both have the honor of voicing both her and Gwen Stacy. I could see Laura potentially reprising the role of MJ for this series should she make a full physical appearance .
Nancy Linari, Nadji Jeter, and Jason Spisak also reprise their roles of Aunt May, Miles, and Scorpion in the game as well :).

The voice director for the game is Kris Zimmerman, who was also the voice director for season 1, which probably explains the shared VA's ;).

Not that I would expect her to reprise the role here, since her MJ in the game just sounds like an older version of her Gwen voice :p.
If MJ ever showed up here, I could totally picture her being like the Marvel Rising version.
I actually kind of wonder what they would do with MJ on this show, to be honest.

I doubt they'd make her another science geek, there probably isn't much they would do with actress Mary Jane, and I'm not sure if they would make her an aspiring reporter again since they already had Peter get fired from the Bugle :confused:.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Any new news
The earliest we might hear anything new would be at Comic-Con in 2 weeks from now. But as it has been discussed a couple of times before, we might be looking at a hiatus for at least another half a year or more.

Be patient and please stop bumping threads just to ask if there are any updates. If anything is announced, people will post about it here.

Miyamoto Musashi

Law Enforcer
Man, I'm really curious on what the Superior Spider-Man arc will be like. I skipped the comics even though I heard a lot of praise for how it's handled, and I'm pretty interested in the animated adaption.
Last season returned after hiatus of two months, I hope this season's break doesn't last much longer.
Sorry, man. Right now everything is about Panther's Quest and Marvel Rising. We'll hopefully hear more about Spider-Man as we get closer to Season 2B. After the long hiatus, they'll need to remind everyone where the show currently is.
They should remember it as well. :p

Frontier

Staff member
Man, I'm really curious on what the Superior Spider-Man arc will be like. I skipped the comics even though I heard a lot of praise for how it's handled, and I'm pretty interested in the animated adaption.
I'm curious how faithful and how long the Superior adaption will be to the comic.

I assumed the spotlight on the other Spiders would come about during the Superior arc since they've technically taken Peter out of commission, but they still have to focus on Doc Ock in Peter's body.

Roxas_Sora

I hope we get some information next week, during NYCC 2018, in the Marvel Animation's panel.

I haven't seen the last two episodes aired because I can't stand the idea of "Superior Spider-Junk" starting and waiting for months (again) until this mess is solved.

SweetShop209

A somewhat minor point, but I want to bring it up. When someone asked Kevin Burke on Twitter if there would be a season 3, he said "no spoilers". Make of that what you will.

Roxas_Sora

A somewhat minor point, but I want to bring it up. When someone asked Kevin Burke on Twitter if there would be a season 3, he said "no spoilers". Make of that what you will.

They better give us a Season 3, because after "Superior Spider-Junk", there are a lot (and I mean A LOT) of potential stories we could see in this series' scenario. The main ones:
+ The Clone Saga: We have the Jackal in his probably first appearance in animation. (I know Miles Warren already appeared in other series, but never did his alter ego). Therefore, this series CAN'T be over if we don't have a Clone Saga. We could have Ben Reilly, Kaine Parker and either Ultimate Jessica Drew or "Theresa Parker".
+ Mary Jane: I want to see my favourite redhaired here, and if it's possible, to see her becoming another Spider-heroe in the series, like her counterpart "Spinneret".
+ The Green Goblin: You don't need to be a genius to realize that in the last episode of Season 1, he had Norman Osborn in the HobGoblin suit, and then an explosion with a green inflamable chemical. We can't say goodbye to this series if Spidey doesn't fight his greatest enemy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts