"Marvel's Spider-Man" (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 5 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SweetShop209

One possibility I'm thinking of is how the first 13 episodes of Avengers season 5 will run, with the last 13 episodes of Guardians season 3 showing up near the end of that first half. Spiderman would then most likely return in January 2019.

Joe Wagner

The one, true Scarlet Spider!
Much obliged everyone! Very disappointing to hear that there is likely a long break coming for the show. This is definitely one of the things Disney XD could improve upon, as they don't really announce when the delays will occur or when the show will eventually come back.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
I guess it's possible for the show to return in January 2019 at the earliest, but I don't think we'll be seeing any other Marvel cartoon premieres this year other than Avengers Assemble (and the Marvel Rising movie), outside of maybe some Holiday Specials if there are any this year.

Last edited:

SweetShop209

At least the staff was informed of the hiatus ahead of time, so they could plan ahead. Compare to the midway point of season 1, "Screwball Live", which is a regular episode whose only major impact was teasing the Daily Bugle. Now look at the midway point of season 2, which sets up an arc for presumably the rest of the season.

Frontier

Staff member
At least the staff was informed of the hiatus ahead of time, so they could plan ahead. Compare to the midway point of season 1, "Screwball Live", which is a regular episode whose only major impact was teasing the Daily Bugle. Now look at the midway point of season 2, which sets up an arc for presumably the rest of the season.
That reminds me, I'm really disappointed we didn't get to see Peter meet with Ernie Hudson's Robbie while he was working at the Bugle :(.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
I doubt the staff was aware of the hiatus beforehand with enough time to plan things better. The entire Season was most likely planned this way from the beginning.

The episodes are usually finished about a year earlier than they are aired. And the staff isn't usually involved in a network's scheduling decisions.

ChessKing

Do you think Spider-Man 2099 will appear in the Superior Spider-Man episodes??
He appeared in the Superior Spider-Man comics but this time he might end up coming back due to something Octavius does in the past that has an effect on the future in 2099 and he comes back to prevent it.

What do you think??

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
If I remember correctly, Spidey 2099 was on some of the promotional art for the show. So it might be possible he'll show up eventually.

Frontier

Staff member
If I remember correctly, Spidey 2099 was on some of the promotional art for the show. So it might be possible he'll show up eventually.
I mean, it took an entire season and a half before we finally saw Anya as Spider-Girl, so I wouldn't rule out a late appearance by Miguel ;).

Roxas_Sora

I mean, it took an entire season and a half before we finally saw Anya as Spider-Girl, so I wouldn't rule out a late appearance by Miguel ;).

You are right, pal. But then, they better don't dare to cancel "Marvel's Spider-Man" after Season 2, if Miguel O'Hara joins the cast at second half of Season 2, they have to give a Season 3 to give us advetures with him. Otherwise, it would be like turning MJ into Spider-Woman in the last season of "Ultimate Spider-Man". I liked MJ as Spider-Woman (although I wasn't happy with her powers coming from Carnage), but appearing in the last episodes of the series didn't leave her much time for action.

Frontier

Staff member
You are right, pal. But then, they better don't dare to cancel "Marvel's Spider-Man" after Season 2, if Miguel O'Hara joins the cast at second half of Season 2, they have to give a Season 3 to give us advetures with him. Otherwise, it would be like turning MJ into Spider-Woman in the last season of "Ultimate Spider-Man". I liked MJ as Spider-Woman (although I wasn't happy with her powers coming from Carnage), but appearing in the last episodes of the series didn't leave her much time for action.
I'm still not sure if this show can juggle four Spider-Heroes, let alone five :sweat:.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Honestly, I expect Miguel to be a guest-star for only a few episodes rather than join the main cast, if he appears. The same kind of applies with Gwen & Anya as well, at least as far as their spider personas are concerned. Miles is sort of an exception.

SweetShop209

It's not directly about the show, but I feel it's worth mentioning. There's this Super Dinosaur cartoon making its Teletoon premiere in 2 weeks. The head writers are current series showrunners Kevin Burke & Chris Doc Wyatt.

Roxas_Sora

I'm still not sure if this show can juggle four Spider-Heroes, let alone five :sweat:.

To be honest, the right number for a team of spiders would be 8; you know, like the 8 legs of a spider.

And I don't see why not using several heroes after all. "With great power comes great responsability", but it's also an unfairly too heavy responsability for just one person. So, if there are more persons to share it, it's not so much. Besides, Spider-Man sometimes has too many enemies (he has fought alone against the Sinister Six, Seven, Twelve, Sixteen...); I think we can give some of them to the other spiders, so these "bullies" will have a taste of their own medicine.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
It's not directly about the show, but I feel it's worth mentioning. There's this Super Dinosaur cartoon making its Teletoon premiere in 2 weeks. The head writers are current series showrunners Kevin Burke & Chris Doc Wyatt.

These guys definitely don't let the grass grow under their feet.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Frontier

Staff member
Honestly, I expect Miguel to be a guest-star for only a few episodes rather than join the main cast, if he appears. The same kind of applies with Gwen & Anya as well, at least as far as their spider personas are concerned. Miles is sort of an exception.
I mean, Anya has said she doesn't want to fight crime on a daily basis, but I feel like we're going to in the future be asking "where's Gwen and Anya" as much as we ask "where's Miles?" :sweat:.

Oh, cool! I didn't even know they were turning this into a cartoon :).
To be honest, the right number for a team of spiders would be 8; you know, like the 8 legs of a spider.

And I don't see why not using several heroes after all. "With great power comes great responsability", but it's also an unfairly too heavy responsability for just one person. So, if there are more persons to share it, it's not so much. Besides, Spider-Man sometimes has too many enemies (he has fought alone against the Sinister Six, Seven, Twelve, Sixteen...); I think we can give some of them to the other spiders, so these "bullies" will have a taste of their own medicine.
Considering this show's issues with focusing on just two spiders, eight spiders seems really impractical :ack:.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Yeah, I can't see this show using that many heroes efficiently on a regular basis. Especially considering they all have pretty much the same powers. Miles has been used the most on this series and even he disappears without any real explanation for a number of episodes. The "Spider-Island" story-arc from last Season was pretty crowded and I kind of hope they find a better balance with their characters if they attempt something like that again, or with even more heroes.

To be honest, I don't want that many other spider-people on the same show either. I think the cast so far is enough, and wouldn't want this to turn into another "Web Warriors" team like USM tried. Some more team-ups with other spider-heroes would be kind of cool, as long as they're temporary.

Roxas_Sora

Yeah, I can't see this show using that many heroes efficiently on a regular basis. Especially considering they all have pretty much the same powers. Miles has been used the most on this series and even he disappears without any real explanation for a number of episodes. The "Spider-Island" story-arc from last Season was pretty crowded and I kind of hope they find a better balance with their characters if they attempt something like that again, or with even more heroes.

To be honest, I don't want that many other spider-people on the same show either. I think the cast so far is enough, and wouldn't want this to turn into another "Web Warriors" team like USM tried. Some more team-ups with other spider-heroes would be kind of cool, as long as they're temporary.

Well, if a Season 3 comes (which they better do), there are still more spiders that will end up appearing in the series. And those are Peter's clones, because as far as the Jackal is on the loose, a Clone Saga can comes. So than means we could have adaptations of Ben Reilly, Kaine and Ultimate Jessica Drew. We could also have evil clones like Spidercide.

Actually, I just had an idea. How about if they adapt Teresa Parker's character to the series as the female clone of Peter? There's no denying in them being "siblings" thi way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

How about Mike Pollock as the ideal voice of Bruce Wayne/Batman?
Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day

Featured Posts