"Marvel's Spider-Man" (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 5 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frontier

Staff member
Y'know, intellectually I get that they're justifiying Spidey struggling against Beetle because he's exhausted and running on fumes (and presumably he's already gone through more villains at this point), but emotionally I just have to give the side-eye to Spidey needing to get saved against a villain he was previously shown to be able to beat on his own :sweat:.

And does it really take three spider-people to stop Beetle :confused:.

Oh well, at least we got to see Anya in action again :cool:.

Although...why is her mouth a different skin color then her face out-of-costume?
I love how immediately after the first line of Spidey's heroic theme music played out, Miles got knocked out and the music soured. That was funny.
At least they remembered to have him actually do stuff in-costume :p.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Scott Menville sent out a tweet saying he's recording more dialogue for Doc Ock. This is either for episodes from the second half of the season, or a possible season 3.

Frontier

Staff member
Scott Menville sent out a tweet saying he's recording more dialogue for Doc Ock. This is either for episodes from the second half of the season, or a possible season 3.

I have to imagine they've finished recording season 2 by this point, given how long ago Ben Pronsky's casting as Venom apparently happened, and given he lists Marvel's Spider-Man directly rather then tease it as a guest spot...that has to mean some more content ;).

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
More Doc Ock, what a shock. :p

I guess this could be for the second half of the current Season, but I find it kind of hard to believe they haven't finished production on that yet. I'd say 3rd (and possibly final) Season seems more and more likely, but it's still an unconfirmed theory at this point.

Frontier

Staff member
More Doc Ock, what a shock. :p

I guess this could be for the second half of the current Season, but I find it kind of hard to believe they haven't finished production on that yet. I'd say 3rd (and possibly final) Season seems more and more likely, but it's still an unconfirmed theory at this point.
It would give them something to premiere around the time Far From Home comes out next year, assuming they don't hold off on the rest of season 2 until then :p.

Capt.Traphouse

Sexiest Thing Since Sex
I don't know what it is but most of the villains in this show with no powers but wear armored suits just look the same to me. Paladin sucks.

Ultimate Spiderman Beetle looked awesome, I give the show that. This one just looks, eh.

Also, she is not "SJW Electro" let black women exist please.

Frontier

Staff member
I don't know what it is but most of the villains in this show with no powers but wear armored suits just look the same to me. Paladin sucks.

Ultimate Spiderman Beetle looked awesome, I give the show that. This one just looks, eh.
I actually like Beetle's design in this. It goes for the armored look of the Ultimate design but with some classic Beetle purple and green :).

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Starting August 20, the weekday reruns are at 9am and 10:30pm. Once again, it's the only currently running Marvel show on the network to keep these reruns.

Joe Wagner

The one, true Scarlet Spider!
Starting August 20, the weekday reruns are at 9am and 10:30pm. Once again, it's the only currently running Marvel show on the network to keep these reruns.

So it looks like the changes also brought about the end of "new" Spidey episodes. Has Disney released anything regarding when the next wave of new episodes will premiere? Kind of stinks to be left with the Superior cliff-hanger after getting back to back new episodes for a while.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
So it looks like the changes also brought about the end of "new" Spidey episodes. Has Disney released anything regarding when the next wave of new episodes will premiere? Kind of stinks to be left with the Superior cliff-hanger after getting back to back new episodes for a while.
There's no word on when new episodes will return.

Frontier

Staff member
I wouldn't be surprised if it comes back at the end of the year or going into 2019 like season 1 did (I also think they did the same with Ultimate), although it's equally likely they'll finish up Guardians: Mission Breakout then.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
I still think the more likely scenario is they keep the rest of the Season for Summer 2019. I'd love to be proven wrong, but considering Guardians is rumored to return in Spring 2019 (about a year since the first 13 episodes of Season 3 aired), it seems possible they might do the same for Spidey. That also left off on a pretty big cliff-hanger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Here's my review of Barbie And Stacie To The Rescue in honor of Cassandra Lee Morris's birthday.
so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!

Featured Posts