"Marvel's Spider-Man" (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 5 (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

Roxas_Sora

Apr 5, 2007
South of Europe
I just wish the Superior Spider-Man's part will last just a couple of episodes and then, it's over. There are better stories I hope from the remaining episodes to use: Norman's debut as the Green Goblin, the Clone Saga and some others.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
I just wish the Superior Spider-Man's part will last just a couple of episodes and then, it's over. There are better stories I hope from the remaining episodes to use: Norman's debut as the Green Goblin, the Clone Saga and some others.
Depending on how close together they adapt the Superior storyline...stuff with the Jackal and the Green Goblin happened during that storyline so that might also be the case here.

I would not be surprised if they close out the season with some variant of the Goblin Nation story.

Roxas_Sora

Apr 5, 2007
South of Europe
Depending on how close together they adapt the Superior storyline...stuff with the Jackal and the Green Goblin happened during that storyline so that might also be the case here.

I would not be surprised if they close out the season with some variant of the Goblin Nation story.
No way, these stories must happen with the real Spider-Man not a cheap pretender. Besides, it will be impossible for Miles and the others to not realize that "Peter"/"Spidey" is an imposter.

Spideyfan123

Apr 14, 2017
No way, these stories must happen with the real Spider-Man not a cheap pretender. Besides, it will be impossible for Miles and the others to not realize that "Peter"/"Spidey" is an imposter.
Didnt goblin nation happen in superior. Wasnt that what allowed spidey to gain his body back.

Reactions: Frontier

Joe Wagner

The one, true Scarlet Spider!
Jan 18, 2002
Beacon of Freedom
www.toonzone.net
Didnt goblin nation happen in superior. Wasnt that what allowed spidey to gain his body back.
It is. Honestly, I hope we get 2-3 episodes with Superior and move into another story arc. Given that this is very likely the last season, having some type of resolution before the final episodes would be welcome.

Then again, I would be just fine seeing Ock win and re-titling the series "Marvel's Superior Spider-Man" :)

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
I think three episodes would not be enough to do the Superior arc justice, but at the same time this show does have a tendency to rush it's storylines.

I do think taking Peter out and making Spider-Man "the bad guy" will be how they shift the focus towards the other Spiders that Cort Lane talked about.

Spideyfan123

Apr 14, 2017
You know what would be a great season finally. The city on fire as the goblin nation roars over and it to realized he can't do thos at least superior spiderman can't do this so he gives control to Peter who takes out the goblin army and comes face to face with the green goblin. And at the end he finds out who it actually is as he throws him off a building. And the day is saved but spiderman is a wreck with his life ruined and wondering what he would say to Harry who is coming back from his trip about the new state of his father.

Reactions: TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju

Jan 17, 2015
I think the "Spider-Man Specials" that were teased on that animation insider blog a few months ago will be what continues of this show. I'll be honest, I don't see it getting a season three with Marvel Animation going under.

But these "specials" may actually be individual storylines for MSM done in a similar fashion to Marvel Rising, in that they're 22 or 44 minutes long and released over a spread-out period of time. It's probably cheaper than doing 13-26 episode seasons.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
I think the "Spider-Man Specials" that were teased on that animation insider blog a few months ago will be what continues of this show. I'll be honest, I don't see it getting a season three with Marvel Animation going under.

But these "specials" may actually be individual storylines for MSM done in a similar fashion to Marvel Rising, in that they're 22 or 44 minutes long and released over a spread-out period of time. It's probably cheaper than doing 13-26 episode seasons.
I think it's either this or there will be more then one Spider-Man Lego special.

I do think it would be pretty nice if we could get some animated Spider-Man content with the budget or animation of Marvel Rising :).

Roxas_Sora

Apr 5, 2007
South of Europe
On April 29th, it will be ONE YEAR after the latest episode of "Guardians of the Galaxy" was aired. On August 13th, ONE YEAR after the latest episode of "Marvel's Spider-Man" was aired. Any chance for the series to continue back then? Because, seriously, one whole year waiting for half a season is like they are mocking us.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
On April 29th, it will be ONE YEAR after the latest episode of "Guardians of the Galaxy" was aired. On August 13th, ONE YEAR after the latest episode of "Marvel's Spider-Man" was aired. Any chance for the series to continue back then? Because, seriously, one whole year waiting for half a season is like they are mocking us.
It looks pretty conclusive that all the shows are ending at their current seasons.

I don't know if that was a factor in the long hiatus's, to draw out the ending, or if it was for another reason (production issues, movie tie-ins, lack of interest, etc.), but it is kind of jarring to see them treat the shows like this.

SweetShop209

Jan 5, 2014
www.deviantart.com
It looks pretty conclusive that all the shows are ending at their current seasons.

I don't know if that was a factor in the long hiatus's, to draw out the ending, or if it was for another reason (production issues, movie tie-ins, lack of interest, etc.), but it is kind of jarring to see them treat the shows like this.
Especially since the show is currently not airing even in reruns. Ultimate Spiderman, which ended 2 years ago, is currently the only Marvel cartoon airing on the channel, airing weekdays at 9:30 am.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
Y'know, I really do have to wonder whether this show wasn't given as much support compared to how Disney XD treated Ultimate Spider-Man.

I guess one could even make the argument USM, for all it's divisiveness, may have been more popular...

Roxas_Sora

Apr 5, 2007
South of Europe
Y'know, I really do have to wonder whether this show wasn't given as much support compared to how Disney XD treated Ultimate Spider-Man.

I guess one could even make the argument USM, for all it's divisiveness, may have been more popular...
With difference, USM was way better than Marvel's Spider-Man. Last season left a couple of cliffhangers to solve: Mary Jane's new role as Spider-Woman, a Norman Osborn reformed while the Ultimate Goblin is on the loose, Peter's ID discovered by several villains (Ock, Kraven and Scorpion)... etc. There was even a chance to make a crossover with Avengers Assemble's Secret Wars, and explore territories from Battleworld that we didn't see: Lost to the Symbiotes, Noir Land, United States of Crime, Hydra Empire, and best of all, Spider-Island 2099.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
With difference, USM was way better than Marvel's Spider-Man. Last season left a couple of cliffhangers to solve: Mary Jane's new role as Spider-Woman, a Norman Osborn reformed while the Ultimate Goblin is on the loose, Peter's ID discovered by several villains (Ock, Kraven and Scorpion)... etc. There was even a chance to make a crossover with Avengers Assemble's Secret Wars, and explore territories from Battleworld that we didn't see: Lost to the Symbiotes, Noir Land, United States of Crime, Hydra Empire, and best of all, Spider-Island 2099.
I think USM definitely had better animation then Marvel's Spider-Man.

I feel like this show's Spidey might've been canon by Secret Wars, if only because they had an alien Symbiote on Battleworld and Gregg Berger was Absorbing Man's voice. I know Iron Fist was Greg Cipes but we had Logan Miller as Nova in Guardians even though they had the MSM Spidey the following season.

(Marvel animated continuity is a mess).

Freddy

Aug 1, 2012
Unresolved plot-threads and cliffhangers are not the same thing. Cliffhanger would be something like an episode ending with the villain holding a knife to hero's throat or the like. Something where the next episode would have to pick up from.

Sorry if I sounded angry to you. I meant nothing personal, I'm just seeing more and more people throw the word "cliffhanger" around at any show that didn't (either by choice or because it was cancelled prematurely) resolve everything, and it's becoming a pet-peeve for me.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
A Valid Location
Ultimate Spider-Man had an actual finale and some closure in its final episode. Sure there were some plot-lines that could have continued if the show ever gets revived in some form or another, but it didn't end on a cliff-hanger like Spider-Man Unlimited.

I don't know if Marvel's Spider-Man will get an actual finale but I imagine it won't end on a cliff-hanger either. The seasons for the last few Marvel toons have been pretty much self-contained and the season finales ended on a pretty good note.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I hope Trevor Devall is in the PPG 2016 reboot.
Vuxovich wrote on thomas2313412's profile.
@thomas2313412 You're spamming the PPG 2016 thread without any reason!
Can anyone from COmiccon ask a representative of cartoon network,if the series of PPG2016 is renewed for a fourth season or is it cancelled and if the gumball movie is greenlit?