"Marvel's Spider-Man" (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 5 (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

TheLemsterPju

Jan 17, 2015
I wouldn't be surprised if they dumped all the remaining episodes for the shows in the first half of 2019, just to move them over to the Disney streaming service afterwords. Disney XD doesn't have much longer to live I imagine...

At this point I'm curious what Marvel has planned next for their animation division aside from Marvel Rising spin-offs.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
I do find it kind of amusing that the biggest Spider-Man cartoon news as of late, aside from Into the Spider-Verse of course, is them airing Ultimate Spider-Man on Marvel HQ :p.
At this point I'm curious what Marvel has planned next for their animation division aside from Marvel Rising spin-offs.
It doesn't seem like there's going to be much of a Marvel animated division once all the shows finish, aside from Marvel Rising.

There is still the announced Moon Girl cartoon though.

TheLemsterPju

Jan 17, 2015
It doesn't seem like there's going to be much of a Marvel animated division once all the shows finish, aside from Marvel Rising.

There is still the announced Moon Girl cartoon though.
Well yeah, there's those two. I mean if the animation division gets absorbed into Marvel Television what are the plans for animated projects after that. Are they going to continue MSM or AA on the streaming service with a total revamp and new direction I wonder? (i.e. a sequel series)

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
I don't think they'll bother revamping them. Too much hassle, and they'll probably want to start fresh on the Disney service.

To be honest, I wish they DID announce new animation projects for the service. The only Marvel shows confirmed there are all MCU-centered, and none of them interest me.
Yeah, I think it's pretty likely to expect there will be some new and exclusive Marvel cartoons attached to the Disney streaming service (especially when Marvel HQ is there to post full episodes of the older shows), although we might not hear about them until the current cartoons all end and we get closer to the launch of the service.

Reactions: M.O.D.O.K.

Joe Wagner

The one, true Scarlet Spider!
Jan 18, 2002
Beacon of Freedom
www.toonzone.net
Saw a promo on Christmas Eve for Avengers: Black Panthers Quest and it appears that Spidey is going to be showing up at some point. The series comes back on Jan 6th, and it looks like that may be when the Spidey guest spot will occur.

Reactions: Frontier

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
A Valid Location
In case you missed it, the cross-over with Avengers was already brought up in that show's News & Discussion thread.

Personally I kind of doubt there will be any direct references to Marvel's Spider-Man. I think they're just using the same design (and voice actors I believe) for Spidey and Vulture, but the rest will be kept vague enough to make it look like it could fit just about anywhere, continuity wise. I could be wrong, but I don't think this event will play that big of a role later on during Spidey's show.

TheLemsterPju

Jan 17, 2015
In case you missed it, the cross-over with Avengers was already brought up in that show's News & Discussion thread.

Personally I kind of doubt there will be any direct references to Marvel's Spider-Man. I think they're just using the same design (and voice actors I believe) for Spidey and Vulture, but the rest will be kept vague enough to make it look like it could fit just about anywhere, continuity wise. I could be wrong, but I don't think this event will play that big of a role later on during Spidey's show.
Which is what Guardians should have done instead of giving us both USM Nova AND MSM Spidey's school in the same show...I'm still sticking with my Counter Earth theory though.

Last edited:
Reactions: RoyalRubble

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
I think it's kind of just expected by this point that the cartoons will use whatever the current version of a character is for a guest appearance.

TheLemsterPju

Jan 17, 2015
I think it's kind of just expected by this point that the cartoons will use whatever the current version of a character is for a guest appearance.
That's fine, but keeping it vague would help the continuity a bit...

That GotG/MSM crossover had many fans pointing out the glaring continuity errors that brought up. There's no avoiding it at this point. It's a shared universe and it needs some form of consistency.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
That's fine, but keeping it vague would help the continuity a bit...

That GotG/MSM crossover had many fans pointing out the glaring continuity errors that brought up. There's no avoiding it at this point. It's a shared universe and it needs some form of consistency.
The Marvel's Spider-Man continuity was actually fairly coherent, the team-up would have just had to take place in-between Spider-Man taking the Symbiote off and before the Stark Expo.

Just don't assume Ultimate is in-continuity with the current Guardians, even if their Nova had the same voice and similar design (but a completely different personality), and it makes enough sense as continuity stands right now.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Feb 27, 2008
177A Bleecker Street
USM Sam didn't have any family around, right? I remember it being one of the reasons he bonded with Aunt May. GOTG Sam had the mom, sister and long lost dad. All of the SHIELD kids seemed to think they were orphans. Yeah, I'm on the side of thinking that MSM was tied to the GOTG series and USM never really was.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
USM Sam didn't have any family around, right? I remember it being one of the reasons he bonded with Aunt May. GOTG Sam had the mom, sister and long lost dad. All of the SHIELD kids seemed to think they were orphans. Yeah, I'm on the side of thinking that MSM was tied to the GOTG series and USM never really was.
USM Peter never even met the current cartoon versions of the Guardians. The closest they came to meeting was when they all just randomly popped up in the finale of Agents of SMASH (which in and of itself is a continuity inconsistency).

Roxas_Sora

Apr 5, 2007
South of Europe
So far there has only been radii silence on this front
You can say that again, pal. I avoided the last two aired episodes because I didn't want to see anything about the "Superior Spider-Junk" until it was solved. And thank godness I did, because if I had seen the first part and I had to wait this long for the result, I could have possibly gone nuts by now.

Reactions: ShadowBeast

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
Kevin Burke gives another status post about how the release date is unknown, but it's worth the payoff. I definitely believe him, and this is a scheduling issue, but 7 months is quite the long wait.

At this point I really have to wonder if they're just going to wait up until around July when Far From Home comes out :confused:.

I would also wonder whether it's because production was still ongoing but they apparently at least had the first episode of the Superior arc finished.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
A Valid Location
I still imagine summer will be the release frame for new episodes, but it's hard to predict an actual date given there's no real precedent for a break this long (at least I can't think of any other examples at the moment). Resuming the season a year after the season premiered is a nice idea, but again there's no guarantee it will happen. Guardians pretty much proves this.