"Marvel's Spider-Man" (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 5 (Spoilers)

• Enter to win two tickets to MIRAI plus Merch. Details here.

Latest News

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,549 46
Sherman Oaks CA
Guuuuys, you forgot about this:

MSM Spidey in a motion comic tie-in to Spider-Geddon

Huh. Interesting :).

Well, first things first, this definitely does look like this is supposed to be set in Marvel's Spider-Man and it's even written by Kevin Shinick, and they also use the same designs from the cartoons for everybody but Thor and Green Goblin (who haven't appeared yet). Kinda weird to see the Ultimate Green Goblin flying around though :sweat:.

Although if they were going to do a cartoon tie-in to Spider-Geddon, you'd think they would have brought back Robbie Daymond to actually voice his Spider-Man. I mean, Griffin Burns does a solid job here, but a little consistency would've been nice :shrug:.

Spider-Punk's voice also feels kind of ill-fitting :sweat:.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Ratings
2,734 7
Framingham, MA
Spider-Man "Spider-Geddon: Spider-Man No 1"

I love the Spider junk joke. Saucy.

I laughed at Spidey bemoaning the 25 dollar tickets to the wax museum, and being outraged Mysterio seemingly got his own wax statue. I also like that he narrowed the culprit down to two enemies but that he and David Blaine had patched things up.

This was fun and funny. ****1/2.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,549 46
Sherman Oaks CA
That was pretty cool. It's nice to see the show acknowledged in other media.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon version of Spider-Man also popped up in a tie-in issue of the comic version of Spider-Verse where he and the comic version of Miles teamed-up with the 60's cartoon Spider-Man :).

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Feb 27, 2008
Ratings
2,456 4
177A Bleecker Street
The Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon version of Spider-Man also popped up in a tie-in issue of the comic version of Spider-Verse where he and the comic version of Miles teamed-up with the 60's cartoon Spider-Man :).
I've seen that one. I liked how 60s Spidey and USM Spidey were handled. I really hated how the Spider-Friends were treated in Spider-Verse though.

M.O.D.O.K.

Scientist Supreme
Staff member
May 13, 2006
Ratings
198 1
Advanced Idea Mechanics
Poor Mysterio. Spidey's probably fought him once, and recently, and he's already getting put down as a low-level threat.

I really hated how the Spider-Friends were treated in Spider-Verse though.

Or Spider-Man Unlimited. I suppose that's why I'm kinda glad they don't have legal access to the other animated Spideys.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,549 46
Sherman Oaks CA
Poor Mysterio. Spidey's probably fought him once, and recently, and he's already getting put down as a low-level threat.
I think I remember in the show Spidey putting Mysterio down as a third-rate B-Villain, which was kind of amusing given Mysterio is usually one of his bigger villains :p.
Or Spider-Man Unlimited. I suppose that's why I'm kinda glad they don't have legal access to the other animated Spideys.
I remember the writer of that story claiming Unlimited's death also meant they killed off 90's cartoon Spidey, prompting John Semper to have to go online to say that wasn't the case :sweat:.

Roxas_Sora

Apr 5, 2007
Ratings
314 1
South of Europe
Big News, people!!! It seems Disney XD Netherlands has started to show new episodes of "Marvel's Spider-Man". Even some clips are already online.
There's one where Sandgirl (who is still as mean as when we met her) makes a deal with some mobsters to capture Spider-Man, but then they are ambushed by the "Superior Spider-Man" and his "Spider-Bots".

I don't want to see the episode, but if anyone has info about this episode, please, post it.

Last edited by a moderator:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
Ratings
7,960 6
A Valid Location
Just wanted to add a reminder that Spoiler Tags must be added if you want to talk about stuff that happens in episodes that premiere internationally before airing in the US. The same goes for any new clips, which should also come from official sources. (The clip above is fine).

Since these episodes are already airing in other countries (and are even dubbed in different languages), I can only presume they are not the same episodes that were being recorded by Menville and others from the cast over the last three months or so.

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

aegisrawks wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Hey Lady Lucario! Long time no see! How is life treating ya?
I like that Delta Rune doesn't even try to conceal it's creepy subtext. Just tosses it right at you from the start.
am i the only one who notices the change, while nobody else does?
RIP Stan Lee, the legendary Marvel creator.
Happy Veterans Day to all the brave men and women in service. Thank you for all your hard work and dedication.