"Marvel's Spider-Man" (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 5 (Spoilers)

Latest News

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
Ratings
7,767 6
A Valid Location
For a moment there I thought Burke posted that animated Gif telling us to have patience.

They better give us a Season 3, because after "Superior Spider-Junk", there are a lot (and I mean A LOT) of potential stories we could see in this series' scenario. The main ones:
Please stop calling it "Superior Spider-Junk". I get that you don't like the story, but calling it that every chance you get won't change anything and it's getting really annoying. Consider this an informal warning.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Ratings
2,623 7
Framingham, MA
Please stop calling it "Superior Spider-Junk". I get that you don't like the story, but calling it that every chance you get won't change anything and it's getting really annoying. Consider this an informal warning.
C'mon, man. If annoying posts weren't allowed on Toonime Zooperhero, I wouldn't be able to post anything at ALL.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,428 46
Sherman Oaks CA
Well, I finally found some merchandise courtesy of Kevin Burke, albeit from two months ago.

The funny thing is that's not even accurate to her show design :p.
My local Walgreens has a Green Goblin figure in that same line, though they also label him as Hobgoblin.

It remains to be seen if it's actually from the show or if it's just a generic release.
It doesn't look anything like the show's Hobgoblin design, but considering the Anya design isn't show-accurate, it's anyone's guess how to look at that figure o_O.

Joe Wagner

The one, true Scarlet Spider!
Jan 18, 2002
Ratings
Beacon of Freedom
www.toonzone.net
The funny thing is that's not even accurate to her show design :p.

It doesn't look anything like the show's Hobgoblin design, but considering the Anya design isn't show-accurate, it's anyone's guess how to look at that figure o_O.
What's interesting is that this design was used in a lot of the promotional art work and featured for most of the products created for the show, much the same way that 2099 was featured in his All-New costume. I wonder if we'll see some changes to her costume over the course of season 2 or if something changed from marketing to production.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,428 46
Sherman Oaks CA
What's interesting is that this design was used in a lot of the promotional art work and featured for most of the products created for the show, much the same way that 2099 was featured in his All-New costume. I wonder if we'll see some changes to her costume over the course of season 2 or if something changed from marketing to production.
I mean, pretty much none of the initial promo art for the show was accurate to the final character designs, except Peter and Miles.

Gwen had the costume, but she still hasn't worn her comic mask yet.

TheLemsterPju

Jan 17, 2015
Ratings
1,538 10
I those IDW/Marvel Spider-Man comics are now guaranteed to share continuity with this show.

YXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8yMzkvNDI3L29yaWdpbmFsL1NwaWRlcm1hbl9DVlJBXzAzLmpwZz8xNTM5NzkxMTk1.jpg

Marvel Action: Spider-Man #3—SPOTLIGHT
Delilah S. Dawson (w) • Fico Ossio (a & c)
As if Peter Parker didn’t have enough problems at high school, suddenly New York’s crawling with Spider-People! Peter has no choice but to forge a tentative partnership with Miles Morales and Gwen Stacy as a larger mystery threatens the trio! All-new web-swinging action in the Mighty Marvel Manner!
(Source)

Set between Spider-Island Part 2 and 3?

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,428 46
Sherman Oaks CA
I those IDW/Marvel Spider-Man comics are now guaranteed to share continuity with this show.

(Source)

Set between Spider-Island Part 2 and 3?
I think it's just being a tad exaggerated how many Spiders there are now that Peter has discovered Gwen and Miles.

If this was set during Spider-Island I don't think they would be indicating this is the first time Peter has met Miles and Gwen (plus, Gwen wouldn't be wearing a mask).

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

Stephanie Sheh voicing Izzy Park the same way she does Sailor Moon has me considering the chance of Nazneen Contractor dubbing some "Sailor Moon" episodes I currently dont plan to buy.
Watched the newest Halloween yesterday
I can’t express my unpopular opinions without someone yelling or disagreeing at me why I’m a monster for thinking that way (liking adult animation, SpongeBob’s new episodes are inferior, etc.)
If you have Starz Encore Family (Not Kids & Family, but Family...) 1 hour as of this post, they'll be playing "Inspector Gadget Saves Christmas" and "Sonic Christmas Blast". (3:19pm-4:06pm EST) Both will play again at some point.
I'm at episode 50 of {Batman: TAS ∧ Hey Arnold}.