"Marvel's Spider-Man" (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 4 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frontier

Staff member
Marvel released another preview clip for "School of Hard Knocks".

Also, a new image on Marvel.com hints Ms. Marvel won't be the only guest-star in this episode.
That's a complete 180 from the previous clip :p.

I guess AIM are the villains. And I'm also guessing the woman is the Scientist Supreme/Monica Rappicini? Sounds like she's voiced by Grey Griffin (which would probably explain the guest star) :).

Oh hey look, Cap, Carol, and Hulk. I guess the show wanted to go out of the way and throw in Spidey meeting a few more Avengers. And Carol Danvers continues with her crazy cartoon hairstyles :rolleyes2:.

SweetShop209

I knew Josh would write for a Marvel cartoon someday (though I predicted Big Hero 6 first). It's no surprise when you consider he worked with Kevin and Chris on My Little Pony and Stretch Armstrong, Michael Vogel (a Hasbro executive and MLP writer) co-wrote an Avengers two parter from January, and when you consider that Marvel mainstay Henry Gilroy helped him work on MLP due to his work on Kaijudo (which Henry developed with Andrew R. Robinson).

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
They have to stop releasing these spoiler heavy clips. Aren't there usually teasers edited for Disney XD that show what's going to happen without spoiling the third act?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Frontier

Staff member
They have to stop releasing these spoiler heavy clips. Aren't there usually teasers edited for Disney XD that show what's going to happen without spoiling the third act?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Now that you mention it, there seems to be a trend for the second clip to spoil the big twists of episode :sweat:.

Frontier

Staff member
Y'know, something interesting I've noticed is that we've been consistently getting female villains in every episode since the season 2 premiere:

"How I Thwipped My Summer Vacation" - Black Cat.

"Take Two" - Silver Sable.

"Between an Ock and a Hard Place" - Lady Octopus.

"Rise Above It All" - One of the Wake Riders was female.

"School of Hard Knocks" - Scientist Supreme.

Now, setting aside that characters like Black Cat and Silver Sable have longer history as allies then they do as enemies, it is kind of amusing that the show is throwing in more consecutive female villains then your average Marvel cartoon, especially since Spider-Man is kind of infamous for his lack of female villains :p.

I'm curious if they'll keep the streak going with "Dead Men's Party," though I have my doubt they'll fit a female villain into "Venom Returns" :sweat:.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
It's pretty cool. I can see them not bringing in a villainess in every single episode, but there should still be more coming this Season. There's at least Panda-Mania we know about in a few episodes.

And the previous Season had a pretty surprising amount of girls as well - apart from the classic Black Cat adventure, there was Sandman's daughter or the female Crimson Dynamo. Screwball doesn't really apply. But I imagine if this came out a year or so later, we would have seen a female version of Ghost as well.

Frontier

Staff member
And the previous Season had a pretty surprising amount of girls as well - apart from the classic Black Cat adventure, there was Sandman's daughter or the female Crimson Dynamo. Screwball doesn't really apply. But I imagine if this came out a year or so later, we would have seen a female version of Ghost as well.
Not that I ever mind seeing Jim Cummings reprising Ghost ;).

Toons Fan

New episodes for August.

7ccf867a2ca9b5fdcd25fba8f2528e90.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Spideyfan123

Ok so I guess we are having a four parter right before the superior Spider-Man arc or maybe they are just one inter connected story

Frontier

Staff member
Obviously with titles emphasizing "brain," we're likely finally getting to the Superior adaption :evil:.

I wonder if "Brain Drain" is when it happens and we see Peter's consciousness stuck in the Living Brain, or if it's a two-parter and Otto ends up in the Living Brain's body like in the comics :cool:?

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
I wonder what other random villains will show up in the other 2 parts of "Bring on the Bad Guys", or if Gwen will have to become Spider-Gwen again in the same story, like Anya.

There's already a preview clip for "Dead Man's Party" online. Marvel should release another later on.

Frontier

Staff member
I wonder what other random villains will show up in the other 2 parts of "Bring on the Bad Guys", or if Gwen will have to become Spider-Gwen again in the same story, like Anya.
I'd think if Gwen was going to re-don her costume again, they probably would have mentioned it in the description (plus, it might overshadow Anya's thing) :sweat:.
There's already a preview clip for "Dead Man's Party" online. Marvel should release another later on.

Oh hey, he finally talks (on both counts) :p.

Is that Ben Diskin still playing Venom? It kind of sounds like him, even though it's not exactly the same Venom voice he used in Spectacular o_O.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
I'd think if Gwen was going to re-don her costume again, they probably would have mentioned it in the description (plus, it might overshadow Anya's thing) :sweat:.
Just wait for the August highlights. :p Spider-Gwen might only return in part 3 or something. It's only a theory but Anya's comeback should confirm we'll see more of Spider-Gwen as well by the end of the Season regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts