"Marvel's Spider-Man" (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 4 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frontier

Staff member
June 27th:
Zap2It now has a log-line for "Rise Above It All".
I wonder if we'll see Liz/Screwball come back, given she was previously a social media wonder :)?

I'm also guessing we'll probably see Toomes pop up, if only to continue to justify listing Alistair Stuart as a main cast member :sweat:.
I don't think I've heard of any of them before.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I'm guessing they're a re-imagined version of the Vulturions, since they're also using stolen Vulture tech :ack:.

I wonder if one of them will be Blackie Drago...

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
I imagine Smythe might be one of the guys using stolen Vulture tech since he wore a version of that armor back in Season 1.

Frontier

Staff member
I imagine Smythe might be one of the guys using stolen Vulture tech since he wore a version of that armor back in Season 1.
I was wondering if we would ever see either of the Smythes again after Alistair was taken care off-screen in the season 1 finale :sweat:.

Frontier

Staff member
Ya'll missed this clip for "Rise Above It All". :p

Yep, definitely looks like we're getting a revamped, "young and hip" version of the Vulturions :).

Oh hey, Ogie Banks returns to Spider-Man cartoons. It'd be kind of funny if that kid meets up with Miles at some point :p.

I'm guessing the plot is going to turn "serious" when Vulture comes after these kids for using his tech like that :eek:.

spider3

Am I the only one who actually doesn't like Norman and Ock here. The only antagonist o genuinely enjoyed was Sandman because he was the only sympathetic villain.

Also they really should star giving the villains actual origins, it's getting annoying at this point.

Am I the only one who actually doesn't like Norman and Ock here. The only antagonist o genuinely enjoyed was Sandman because he was the only sympathetic villain.

Also they really should star giving the villains actual origins, it's getting annoying at this point.

I love Doc Ock here. Norman, I think is good. I like him but not as much as Ock. Sandman is one of my favorites as well. In regards to villain origins we thankfully had a whole season dedicated to Doc Ock's origin (specifically the rise of Doc Ock four parter). I found Ock to be sympathetic as well with the way Osborn manipulated him. Of course, since then Otto has gone further and further down the rabbit hole and using this as excuse to amplify his superiority complex to never let anyone push him around again. I suspect we'll be seeing an even more sympathetic side to Otto once we get to the Superior storyline. I see to recall someone behind the show referring to that storyline as "beautiful." We'll probably get more parallels between Peter and Otto and maybe even more Otto flashbacks showcasing how Peter might have turned out like Otto without the family and friends he has.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Marvel released a preview clip.
In “Rise Above It All,” Spider-Man has to infiltrate the viral superstars known as the Wake Riders in order to figure out what the end game is with their stolen Vulture tech. But things take a dangerous turn as Adrian Toomes is tempted back to the dark side.

Frontier

Staff member
Marvel released a preview clip.
Oh hey, the writers finally remembered that Miles can do stuff :p.

And of course he ends up saving Peter :rolleyes2:.
In regards to villain origins we thankfully had a whole season dedicated to Doc Ock's origin (specifically the rise of Doc Ock four parter). I found Ock to be sympathetic as well with the way Osborn manipulated him.
I hesitate to say that we had a whole season dedicated to Otto's origin. I mean, his development into Doctor Octopus took a whole season to really finalize, but I feel like his initial appearances were so sporadic and his transition into a villain so rushed that it wasn't as strong as it could have been :ack:.
With no sighting of J.M. DeMatteis yet, that still lends credence that there's more animated Spidey in the future past this season...

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Zap2it has a log-line for "School of Hard Knocks", and the episode will have a guest-star...
School of Hard Knocks
S02, E05
Mon 7/9 6:30pm-7:00pm
Spider-Man teams up with Ms. Marvel to investigate an elite boarding school after its students start displaying out-of-control, super-powered behaviors.

Frontier

Staff member
Zap2it has a log-line for "School of Hard Knocks", and the episode will have a guest-star...
This team-up is going to feel weird on a few levels, both because we have a 2-year experienced Spider-Man teaming-up with a Ms. Marvel who might actually have more Superhero experience then he does (depending on what continuity they go with) and because we might potentially be seeing Kamala hang out more with Peter Parker instead of Miles Morales :sweat:.

I'm curious if the boarding school or the students who'll be in it will be anyone from the comics. This would have been a perfect opportunity to work in the X-Men....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts