"Marvel's Spider-Man" (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 4 (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
A Valid Location
Here's a new clip:
Marvel’s Spider-Man “The Rise of Doc Ock Part Three” and “The Rise of Doc Ock Part Four”
SPIDER-MAN/PETER PARKER must team up with GWEN STACY and a reluctant HARRY OSBORN to investigate the truth behind the missing RAYMOND WARREN (aka the JACKAL).
(9:00 – 10:00 A.M. ET/PT) Sunday, January 28th on Disney XD

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
Here's a new clip:
I guess those are some failed Jackal clones :eek:.

Seems like there's some conflict going on between Norman and Otto here...

I wasn't expecting Rhino would come back. Why would Aleksei willingly mutate himself again o_O?

So we've got Doc Ock, Vulture, Rhino, a refurbished Crimson Dynamo (?), and some blue ninja guy.

Look at Peter, cleverly finding excuses to dart out and become Spidey :rolleyes2:.

Reactions: ChessKing

TheLemsterPju

Jan 17, 2015
The leaked credits for the season one finale reveal the blue ninja guy is

Ollie Osnick aka The Steel Spider.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
With the Bugle showing up in season 2, I wonder if they'll go with Peter being a photographer or have him as a kind of intern :)?

Though with the show's science bent, I wouldn't be surprised if they go with what the comics are currently doing and make him a contributor to the Bugle's science beat ;).

Hopefully we'll see more of Robbie and maybe Randy as well, and I'm definitely curious to see who they cast to play Jonah and what he'll look like :D.

I wonder if they're saving Mary Jane's debut for this season? This is probably the longest absence she's had in a Spider-Man cartoon, not counting the ones she was never in :sweat:.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChessKing

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
A Valid Location
More detailed descriptions for the last episodes of Season One are now up on the Disney Press website. I took the synopsis for Part One of "Spider-Island" from Zap2It, since the aforementioned Disney site had the same log-line for the first two parts.
Spider-Island: Part One - Invisible Threat
SEASON 1, EPISODE 20AIRING FEB 04, 2018TV-GNEW STEREO • CC
Upcoming Airings
Spider-Man tracks a new villain with spider-powers who steals his experimental stealth suit and threatens the entire city.
AIR DATE: 02/04/2018
“SPIDER-ISLAND PART Two”
Everyone in Manhattan is manifesting spider powers, Spider-Man and Spider-Gwen must help Black Widow track down Crossbones before he delivers the vibranium to Arnim Zola and Hydra.
AIR DATE: 02/11/2018
“SPIDER-ISLAND PART THREE”
Peter must find a way to cure Gwen Stacy and Norman Osborn who have turned into Spider-Monsters. Things get harder when Kraven the Hunter turns New York into his hunting grounds.
“SPIDER-ISLAND PART FOUR”
Peter and Harry must battle through an island of Spider-Monsters to get to Norman Osborn, who, appears to be controlling them all. The boys discover who the real mastermind is!
“SPIDER-ISLAND PART FIVE”
In order to cure the Spider-Monster population of Manhattan, Spider-Man must lead Kid Arachnid, Anya, and Harry on a desperate last-ditch effort to stop the Jackal!
AIR DATE: 02/18/2018
“THE HOBGOBLIN PART ONE”
Spider-Man takes on Doc Ock and his Sinister Five before they brainwash Spidey and destroy New York City.
AIR DATE: 02/18/2018
“THE HOBGOBLIN PART TWO”
Spider-Man must find a way to stop Hobgoblin – who is completely bent on destroying Spider-Man, whatever it takes.

Reactions: 1 person

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
More detailed descriptions for the last episodes of Season One are now up on the Disney Press website. I took the synopsis for Part One of "Spider-Island" from Zap2It, since the aforementioned Disney site had the same log-line for the first two parts.
So I guess we're going to see the Stealth Suit from the Big Time run here, though I find it amusing that Peter designs it for himself but it gets hijacked by another villain :p.

I wonder if the new Spider-Villain was bitten by one of the eight spiders the Jackal had o_O?

I guess that confirms Gwen gets her powers in Spider-Island, though does nobody realize "Spider-Gwen" was never actually her codename in the comics :sweat:?

Black Widow and Crossbones showing up should be interesting too, especially since we can finally get a proper Spider-Man and Black Widow team-up (and Natasha is spider-themed) ;).

So I guess they're keeping the plot point from the comics that the infected in Spider-Island end up transforming into spider monsters. I'm surprised we're getting Norman as a spider-monster before we get him as the Green Goblin :eek:.

I was wondering when we'd see Kraven back, though I wasn't expecting it to be during Spider-Island. Should be fun to see him again though :cool:.

So it sounds like Jackal tries to frame Norman as the mastermind before Peter and Harry team-up to reveal who the true culprit is. I'm curious to see what the team-up between Peter and Harry is like :).

"Kid-Arachnid?" I guess that's making a comeback :(.

Y'know, "Sinister Five" just doesn't roll off the tongue as well as "Sinister Six" does...and I'm going to feel vindicated if Ock is able to brainwash Spidey because of all the tech in his suit :rolleyes2:.

So the finale is a final showdown between Spidey and the Hobgoblin, though I'm curious to see why the Hobgoblin is so determined to destroy Spider-Man and how that ties into the plot of the previous episode :ack:.

Roxas_Sora

Apr 5, 2007
South of Europe
I have a few things to comment:

1º) About the remaining episodes of Season 1:

+ I don't like the idea of Ollie Osnick/Steel Spider being one of the bad guys. Well, in his first appearance, he allied himself with Octopus and then, he switched to Spidey's side. I want to believe he will do something similar here and join Spider-Man's side eventually. Maybe he could become "Iron Spider", which could be quite ironic.

+ That scene in the preview shows Ollie Osnick, but he can be "Steel Spider" in that scene. He looks more like the "less than known" villain "Slyde". Those wheels in his feet made me doubt about what other character he could be.

+ I'm not sure, but according to some info I read, Steel Spider could be the bad guy from "Spider-Island: Part One". I don't know what other villain with spider-powers could be. And by the way, is in Part One where Gwen will get her powers and works with Spidey against this new villain.

+ "Spider-Island: Part Two" will include Black Widow and Crossbones. I can confirm that Black Widow will develop Spider-Powers too. It would be fun if she could keep them at the end, so she would really be a "Black Widow". Arnim Zola again? I wonder if this will be a rest from "Ultimate Spider-Man", since Zola took the Jackal's place as the main creator of the clones.

+ Norman Osborn is the one who controls the Spider-Monsters? (Even although we know the Jackal is the one behind this). Are they trying to give him the role of the Spider Queen? That is SO many levels of wrong!!!

+ It surprises me the return of "Kid Arachnid", not the best name, although. I believe just "Arachnid" would have been enough for Miles as "Spider-Name".

+ According to some info I found, in "Spider-Island: Part Four", Harry will discover that Spider-Man is Peter Parker. This will surely bring a lot more of drama here.

+ In "HobGoblin: Part One", Harry will be the HobGoblin and work alongside Spider-Man to stop Doc Ock and his associates. However, in "HobGoblin: Part Two", there will be misterious "black outs" where Harry will lose consciousness and try to kill Spider-Man. It will be revealed then that (in a similar way to "Spectacular Spider-Man"), Norman usurped his son's gears to destroy Spider-Man. Once Harry discovers the real nature of his father, Harry will turn against him, making the lab blow-up with a flammable "green sustance". HobGoblin's gear and explosion with green sustance clearly points to Norman becoming the Green Goblin (similar to Spider-Man: TAS from the 90s).

2º) About the future Season 2:

+ The Daily Bugle is going to appear? Damn it!!! Not that I'm not happy to see Robbie Robertson and the rest of the gang, but I really don't want to see Jameson and his cursed "Anti-Spider's campaigns". His disapperance made me extra-enjoy the last season of "Ultimate Spider-Man". Having a good-for-nothing jerk over your shoulder who critices everything you do without even good arguments? (It reminds me my old-man too much).

+ I hope for Mary Jane Watson to debut soon in Season 2, and in hopes she will have stable Spider-Powers, just like it happened in the comics of "Spider-Island".

+ "Superior Spider-Man"? Really?!!! Why the Hell have to use this story?! I HATE THIS STORY!!! It doesn't even have sense to use it here, because this Octopus doesn't have any health issue that puts his life in danger in his body. It would have had much more sense using it back in "Ultimate Spider-Man", considering how dill that Doc Ock looked; at least until the end of Season 4, where his nanotech allowed him to become the "Ultimate Octopus".

+ Doc Ock may look like the main villain for next season, but I bet all my money that Norman, as the Green Goblin, will be prowling from the shadows. Considering the potential stories to be used in Season 2, I want to say that Octopus will be defeated for episode 13, and the Green Goblin will take the place as the "main villain" for the rest of the season.

+ For Season 2, I expect the debut of another Spider: Miguel O'Hara, Spider-Man 2099. He was shown in the promo art of the series, so he should appear in this season; wearing his second suit of "ANAD Spider-Man 2099".

+ I doubt the Jackal will be down for good after "Spider-Island", so the second half of Season would be the prefect chance to use the Clone Saga's arc. That could allow us to see once more Ben Reilly, Kaine and (who knows?) Ultimate Jessica Drew.

+ I suspect in Season 2, we will also see a crossover of Spider-Man with the Guardians of the Galaxy, which will bring us the return of Venom and, potentially, Carnage. I truly hope this could also mean the debut of Flash Thompson as Agent Venom.

Only thing left to say is that I hope we will have a Season 3 for this series. It would be really stupid to put an end just when things are getting really good.

Dudley

Staff member
Aug 10, 2003
East Coast of USA
www.dtoons.com
I don’t read the comics, so can someone answer me this: when Miles Morales is in the same universe with Peter Parker, what is Miles superhero name? They don’t both go by Spider-Man, right?
I think Kid Arachnid’s not too bad a name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
I don’t read the comics, so can someone answer me this: when Miles Morales is in the same universe with Peter Parker, what is Miles superhero name? They don’t both go by Spider-Man, right?
I think Kid Arachnid’s not too bad a name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Currently they both go by Spider-Man in the main Marvel Universe.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
Honestly, I think it's just the kind of corner they write themselves in when they have Miles in a cartoon with Peter in it, since it would just be weird to have another character go by the exact same codename as your lead hero.

The problem is that they haven't actually come up with a decent codename for Miles to go by if he can't be Spider-Man.

Freddy

Aug 1, 2012
I still have my personal gripes and misgivings in regards to the current state of Marvel Animation, but it is kinda impressive how we went from "you have to retool the second half of AEMH's season 2 to make the episodes as standalone as possible" to this show being allowed to do whooping five-parters.

Then again, I haven't watched a single episode of this show myself yet, so I have no idea how story-arc heavy it actually is or if the multi-part episodes are essentially standalone stories with only minor connections or the like :sweat:

Reactions: 2 people

Dragnatek

Apr 21, 2011
Hammond IN
I have a few things to comment:

1º) About the remaining episodes of Season 1:

+ I don't like the idea of Ollie Osnick/Steel Spider being one of the bad guys. Well, in his first appearance, he allied himself with Octopus and then, he switched to Spidey's side. I want to believe he will do something similar here and join Spider-Man's side eventually. Maybe he could become "Iron Spider", which could be quite ironic.

+ That scene in the preview shows Ollie Osnick, but he can be "Steel Spider" in that scene. He looks more like the "less than known" villain "Slyde". Those wheels in his feet made me doubt about what other character he could be.

+ I'm not sure, but according to some info I read, Steel Spider could be the bad guy from "Spider-Island: Part One". I don't know what other villain with spider-powers could be. And by the way, is in Part One where Gwen will get her powers and works with Spidey against this new villain.

+ "Spider-Island: Part Two" will include Black Widow and Crossbones. I can confirm that Black Widow will develop Spider-Powers too. It would be fun if she could keep them at the end, so she would really be a "Black Widow". Arnim Zola again? I wonder if this will be a rest from "Ultimate Spider-Man", since Zola took the Jackal's place as the main creator of the clones.

+ Norman Osborn is the one who controls the Spider-Monsters? (Even although we know the Jackal is the one behind this). Are they trying to give him the role of the Spider Queen? That is SO many levels of wrong!!!

+ It surprises me the return of "Kid Arachnid", not the best name, although. I believe just "Arachnid" would have been enough for Miles as "Spider-Name".

+ According to some info I found, in "Spider-Island: Part Four", Harry will discover that Spider-Man is Peter Parker. This will surely bring a lot more of drama here.

+ In "HobGoblin: Part One", Harry will be the HobGoblin and work alongside Spider-Man to stop Doc Ock and his associates. However, in "HobGoblin: Part Two", there will be misterious "black outs" where Harry will lose consciousness and try to kill Spider-Man. It will be revealed then that (in a similar way to "Spectacular Spider-Man"), Norman usurped his son's gears to destroy Spider-Man. Once Harry discovers the real nature of his father, Harry will turn against him, making the lab blow-up with a flammable "green sustance". HobGoblin's gear and explosion with green sustance clearly points to Norman becoming the Green Goblin (similar to Spider-Man: TAS from the 90s).

2º) About the future Season 2:

+ The Daily Bugle is going to appear? Damn it!!! Not that I'm not happy to see Robbie Robertson and the rest of the gang, but I really don't want to see Jameson and his cursed "Anti-Spider's campaigns". His disapperance made me extra-enjoy the last season of "Ultimate Spider-Man". Having a good-for-nothing jerk over your shoulder who critices everything you do without even good arguments? (It reminds me my old-man too much).

+ I hope for Mary Jane Watson to debut soon in Season 2, and in hopes she will have stable Spider-Powers, just like it happened in the comics of "Spider-Island".

+ "Superior Spider-Man"? Really?!!! Why the Hell have to use this story?! I HATE THIS STORY!!! It doesn't even have sense to use it here, because this Octopus doesn't have any health issue that puts his life in danger in his body. It would have had much more sense using it back in "Ultimate Spider-Man", considering how dill that Doc Ock looked; at least until the end of Season 4, where his nanotech allowed him to become the "Ultimate Octopus".

+ Doc Ock may look like the main villain for next season, but I bet all my money that Norman, as the Green Goblin, will be prowling from the shadows. Considering the potential stories to be used in Season 2, I want to say that Octopus will be defeated for episode 13, and the Green Goblin will take the place as the "main villain" for the rest of the season.

+ For Season 2, I expect the debut of another Spider: Miguel O'Hara, Spider-Man 2099. He was shown in the promo art of the series, so he should appear in this season; wearing his second suit of "ANAD Spider-Man 2099".

+ I doubt the Jackal will be down for good after "Spider-Island", so the second half of Season would be the prefect chance to use the Clone Saga's arc. That could allow us to see once more Ben Reilly, Kaine and (who knows?) Ultimate Jessica Drew.

+ I suspect in Season 2, we will also see a crossover of Spider-Man with the Guardians of the Galaxy, which will bring us the return of Venom and, potentially, Carnage. I truly hope this could also mean the debut of Flash Thompson as Agent Venom.

Only thing left to say is that I hope we will have a Season 3 for this series. It would be really stupid to put an end just when things are getting really good.
I understand that people have different opinions and its fine if you hate Superior Spiderman but in general its seen as a good story line and many people like it. In general in is better received then the 90s clone sage which is hated by a lot of people. It's fine if you don't like it.

I would take Superior over eighty percent of the clone saga any day. For that matter I would take it over most of JMS's spiderman run.

Now given the way Otto is portrayed here I feel superior Spiderman would would better then in the comics where really he never shown signs of being a good person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

And the winner is "The Grim Adventures Of The KND" which got 3 votes. "Modern Primitives" got nothing. The next matchup is between "Sky Pirates In The Sky" and "Quack Pack" .

Who is the most yellow-est fella that lives under the sea? Today SpongeBob and his VA Tom Kenny are celebrating Birthday! What a coincidence!
And yes, SpongeBob was born on July 14,1986, exactly 34 years ago!
CNC
This week, Universal Kids will be celebrating the nationwide launch of parent company NBCUniversal's new streaming service - Peacock - by airing a 24-hour marathon of the now-Peacock Original: Where's Waldo? Plus a themed weekend marathon of different shows they've aired in the past and present.

Wait, Ninjago is still airing new episodes?
Somebody on Twitter makes a picture on Steven Universe being a loser and compares it to other show -> the tweet gets over 10000 likes.