"Marvel's Spider-Man" (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 4 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Minor point, and it's something that was brought up before, but around the 7:18 minutes mark in this video, J.M. DeMatteis says he's done some work for the animated Spider-Man show, and hopes to do more. (The video is from WonderCon, so the end of March, but it was uploaded only last week).

Frontier

Staff member
Minor point, and it's something that was brought up before, but around the 7:18 minutes mark in this video, J.M. DeMatteis says he's done some work for the animated Spider-Man show, and hopes to do more. (The video is from WonderCon, so the end of March, but it was uploaded only last week).
I wonder if "hopes to do more" is an indication that production is still ongoing for said cartoon, or just wishful thinking on his part o_O?

Roxas_Sora

I know all New York was cured of the Spider Virus, but just like Anya Corazon in the comics (becoming Spider-Girl) kept hers even after being cured, there is a chance some people kept hers in the series. Obviously, Anya and Gwen are two of them, and I hope for Mary Jane to debut the same way. But how about the other people. We saw Flash Thompson and Liz Allan being cured from the virus. Could this be a sign? You know, Flash as Agent Venom and Liz Allan as "Screwball 2.0".

Frontier

Staff member
I know all New York was cured of the Spider Virus, but just like Anya Corazon in the comics (becoming Spider-Girl) kept hers even after being cured, there is a chance some people kept hers in the series. Obviously, Anya and Gwen are two of them, and I hope for Mary Jane to debut the same way. But how about the other people. We saw Flash Thompson and Liz Allan being cured from the virus. Could this be a sign? You know, Flash as Agent Venom and Liz Allan as "Screwball 2.0".
I doubt Flash and Liz kept their spider-powers. Even if Liz pops up as "Screwball" again I don't think she'll have spider-powers.

And given this show's issues with using Miles I don't think they should try and throw too many other Spider-Heroes into it.

This is Marvel's Spider-Man, not Marvel's Spider-Man and his Amazing Spider-Friends.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Out of all the supporting characters, I could see them using Spider-Gwen again for a story but I agree having Peter and Miles is already enough. I get some fans want to see as many spider-themed heroes as possible and I respect that. I just don't want this show to get too crowded and keep focusing on Spidey.

Joe Wagner

The one, true Scarlet Spider!
I agree with many others that the focus should remain on Spidey, but I'm hoping that we see some form of the Clone Saga in Season 2. With the Jackal having played such a large role in the first season, it seems like we should get Ben Reilly and/or Kaine at some point. They also used Spider-Man 2099 in almost all of the season 1 marketing, so I would expect to see him somewhere along the line as well.

Frontier

Staff member
I agree with many others that the focus should remain on Spidey, but I'm hoping that we see some form of the Clone Saga in Season 2. With the Jackal having played such a large role in the first season, it seems like we should get Ben Reilly and/or Kaine at some point. They also used Spider-Man 2099 in almost all of the season 1 marketing, so I would expect to see him somewhere along the line as well.
Yeah, I'd be surprised if the follow-up with the Jackal doesn't at least tease a Spider-Man clone, even if I think between the Superior adaption and other storylines we might not have time for a Clone Saga :ack:.

Miguel was one of the things in the promotional material for the show that didn't pop up in season 1, like Gwen with her comic mask and Anya in a Spider-Girl costume, so I imagine we'll probably see all of those come into play in season 2 :cool:.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Season 2 premieres on Monday, June 18th with a one-hour episode.

Spider-Man will be back soon in new animated adventures when “Marvel’s Spider-Man” Season 2 debuts with a one-hour premiere, featuring back-to-back episodes, on Monday, June 18th at 6:30 p.m. EDT on Disney XD, DisneyNOW and Disney XD VOD! Following the premiere, new episodes will debut every Monday through August. Season 2 will feature Spidey facing off against new heroes and villains, with guest roles voiced by the likes of Sofia Carson (Disney’s “Descendants”), Booboo Stewart (Disney’s “Descendants”), Nathaniel Potvin (“MECH-X4”), NASCAR racer Ryan Blaney and social media sensation Teala Dunn.
The second season finds Peter Parker in his sophomore year, as he’s no longer an inexperienced new super hero, nor a brand new student at the intimidating Horizon High. However, his foes are also no longer inexperienced and his ever-growing rogue’s gallery is focused on taking Spider-Man down. Picking up where Season 1 left off, the stakes are much higher in Peter’s personal life and Spider-Man’s super hero life. He also must learn how to balance working at the Daily Bugle to afford tuition at the prestigious Horizon High while surviving Doc Ock’s series of obstacles in an attempt to get rid of Spider-Man once and for all.
Marvel’s Spider-Man” voice cast includes Robbie Daymond (“Bread Winners,” “Get Blake”) as Spider-Man, Scott Menville (“Teen Titans,” “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles”) as Doctor Octopus, Nadji Jeter (“Jessie,” “Kirby Buckets”) as Miles Morales, Melanie Minichino (“Blaze and the Monster Machine,” “Mr. Peabody and Sherman”) as Anya Corazon, Laura Bailey (“DragonBall Z,” “Marvel’s Avengers Assemble”) as Gwen Stacy, Max Mittleman (“One-Punch Man,” “Transformers: Robots in Disguise”) as Harry Osborn, Fred Tatasciore (“Marvel’s Avengers Assemble,” “Marvel’s Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H.”) as Max Modell, Nancy Linari (“The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest,” “The Addams Family”) as Aunt May, Patton Oswalt (“Ratatouille,” “Pickle and Peanut”) as Uncle Ben, Alastair Duncan (“The Batman,” “Final Fantasy XIV”) as Vulture and Bob Joles (“SpongeBob SquarePants,” “Puss in Boots”) as the short-tempered boss of The Daily Bugle, J. Jonah Jameson.
The creative team includes executive producers Alan Fine (“Marvel’s The Avengers”), Joe Quesada (“Marvel’s Avengers Assemble”), Dan Buckley (“Marvel’s Avengers Assemble”), Cort Lane (“Marvel’s Ultimate Spider-Man”) and Eric Radomski (“Spawn,” “Marvel’s Avengers Assemble”); co-executive producers Stan Lee (“Spider-Man”) and Marsha Griffin (“Transformers Prime”); supervising producers Kari Rosenberg (“Marvel’s Avengers Assemble”) and Kevin Burke & Chris “Doc” Wyatt (“Marvel’s Avengers Assemble,” “Marvel’s Ultimate Spider-Man”); consulting producer Dan Slott (“Spider-Man: Big Time,” “The Superior Spider-Man”); and supervising directors Philip Pignotti (“Marvel’s Avengers Assemble”) and Dan Duncan (Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy).

Frontier

Staff member
Awesome! Nice to know we can expect a return for Spider-Man next month, and with a one-hour episode to boot :D!

I was wondering how they would figure a way for Peter to start working at the Bugle, and the fact that he can't keep up his tuition makes sense given they established the Parkers still had money trouble early in season 1 (even if they never did anything with it) :).

Gotta love how most of those guest VA's are Disney stars :rolleyes2:.

Sofia Carson is obviously reprising Sandgirl, one of the villains that were left unaddressed in season 1, though I'm curious who everyone else is voicing o_O.

Only in a season with a Superior Spider-Man storyline (let alone one with Dan Slott as a consultant) would give Doc Ock second billing :p.

Why is Vulture still listed as part of the main cast? The show barely did anything with him in season 1. Then again, they also list Aunt May in the main cast and she wasn't much better. As well as Patton Oswalt's Uncle Ben, who I think only popped up in three episodes :sweat:.

Bob Joles as J. Jonah Jameson? That should be interesting ;).

No Mary Jane it seems...

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
1. Interesting how we have premieres on Monday nights now. I figured they would've kept the Sunday morning time slot. I predict Avengers Assemble and Guardians Of The Galaxy will follow suit in a similar time slot.

2. Teala Dunn guest stars here. Between her, Grey DeLisle Griffin, John DiMaggio, and Matthew Mercer, they may as well get the rest of DC Superhero Girls' seven main characters' voices to guest star.

3. If MJ does appear, I thought of someone else who could also voice her: Felicia Day. She voices Erika on Stretch Armstrong, and has red hair like MJ. Though her personality is more Gwen Stacy, she's still a good fit.

4. Bob Joles as J Jonah Jameson is an interesting choice. I figured that they would've had John DiMaggio or Fred Tatascoire voice him since they voiced him in different video games. Though if his performance as Lord Eldrod on Elena Of Avalor proves anything, he can handle characters with a mean streak.

Frontier

Staff member
So just trying to hazard a guess at who the guest stars might be playing:

Teala Dunn - Riri Williams/Ironheart?

Ryan Blaney - Overdrive?

Nathaniel Potvin - Rocket Racer? A de-aged Hobie Brown or Cardiac?

Booboo Stewart - Reprising Warpath from X-Men Days of Futures Past :p?

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
With the news that new episodes will premiere through August, I guess they'll air the first 13 episodes (half the Season) before taking a break, like they did with Guardians of the Galaxy.

Booboo Stewart - Reprising Warpath from X-Men Days of Futures Past :p?
My first impression was they're setting up his role as Exile for Marvel Rising, though I thought the same about Ming-Na Wen as Hala and that wasn't the case.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
1. I don't remember if this was posted before, but I found an interesting tweet from last September from Kevin Shinick regarding Venom in this series. It's something to say the least.

2. With the article mentioning about seeing more of Peter's struggles in season 2, the whole secret identity/personal life thing being easier to balance in season 1 was most likely intentional. As a freshman, things are more easygoing, but sophomore year and above is where things get harder, just like high school in real life.

Frontier

Staff member
1. I don't remember if this was posted before, but I found an interesting tweet from last September from Kevin Shinick regarding Venom in this series. It's something to say the least.
It sounds like there are plans for Eddie Brock, although now that Kevin Burke and Doc Wyatt have taken over the showrunner duties from Shinick, I'm curious if that'll still be the case :ack:?
2. With the article mentioning about seeing more of Peter's struggles in season 2, the whole secret identity/personal life thing being easier to balance in season 1 was most likely intentional. As a freshman, things are more easygoing, but sophomore year and above is where things get harder, just like high school in real life.
I also wonder if we should take that as actual indicative of Peter's age? Not that I expect they'll age Peter too much on this show :p.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Here's my review of Barbie And Stacie To The Rescue in honor of Cassandra Lee Morris's birthday.
so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!

Featured Posts