"Marvel's Spider-Man" (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 3 (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,800 47
Sherman Oaks CA
Spoiler warning:
The German Marvel HQ YouTube channel posted a clip from "Scerwball Live". It's not in English, but if you're eager to see a Sneak Peek from the episode, here it is.

The episode is scheduled to air on October 28th in the US.
So Liz is Screwball? So almost everything from those descriptions was actually accurate :eek:.

Does this mean Danny Rand is going to turn-up too :sweat:?

Edit 10/13: Clip from this Saturday's episode:

Sounds like Trevor Devall as Blizzard :cool:.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,800 47
Sherman Oaks CA
I think it's kind of funny that they built Quesada up to be like Max from Saved by the Bell but the one line he gets is just to shout at Peter and Harry for something they didn't do.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
And then make them clean up a mess that wasn't even their fault (or if it was, it was very indirectly) :sweat:.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,800 47
Sherman Oaks CA
Clip from "Screwball Live":
Screwball seems fun :).

I don't think she's breaking the law by messing with Spidey for hits, even if it does interfere with his work, but I'm not sure if it's on-the-level all the same :sweat:.

Although I guess it is a fair question about how necessary Spider-Man is in a city populated by plenty of other heroes, though then I think you have to ask whether the Avengers go out on patrol or deal with smaller scale street-level stuff as much as Spider-Man has been shown too :ack:?

Aug 14, 2017
Ratings
So, when does the show come back? And, what are the chances that this series gets another season? While the reception has been more positive than Ultimate, it still seems like the show has been met with more of a "meh it's decent" reaction (bums me out slightly, because I feel like several episodes have been really, really quite good).

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,800 47
Sherman Oaks CA
I thought this was cute:

So, when does the show come back? And, what are the chances that this series gets another season? While the reception has been more positive than Ultimate, it still seems like the show has been met with more of a "meh it's decent" reaction (bums me out slightly, because I feel like several episodes have been really, really quite good).
An interview with one of the writers already confirmed a second season, so that's pretty much a lock :).

I think most Marvel cartoons are guaranteed several seasons, irregardless of ratings or reception.

As far as when the show comes back...well, we know the next episodes are a two-parter, "The Rise of Doc Ock," so we might get that before the end of the year.

Last edited:

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Feb 27, 2008
Ratings
2,516 4
177A Bleecker Street
That is some awesome promo right there. I know they did this with DuckTales and Star Vs I think. It's pretty cool that this show would be used well. I'm guessing its not the regular team behind the animation. He's practically talking with those constantly moving eyes.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Oct 6, 2017
Ratings
I thought this was cute:

An interview with one of the writers already confirmed a second season, so that's pretty much a lock :).

I think most Marvel cartoons are guaranteed several seasons, irregardless of ratings or reception.

As far as when the show comes back...well, we know the next episodes are a two-parter, "The Rise of Doc Ock," so we might get that before the end of the year.
Yeah. The only Marvel Cartoon made since Ultimate Spider Man that hasn't had at least three seasons is Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H, which ended after 2.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,800 47
Sherman Oaks CA
Yeah. The only Marvel Cartoon made since Ultimate Spider Man that hasn't had at least three seasons is Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H, which ended after 2.
And I think part of the reason they ended SMASH early was to make room for Guardians (although by the end of that show I don't think there was much left for them to do anyways).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

I need my Internet back...the past week has been so boring and holidays break just started for me
At first, I thought Brian Hohlfeld working on many shows Nicole Dubuc worked on was just a coincidence . It turns out they're married. I previously thought the Paul Dini / Misty Lee marriage had the largest age gap (he was born in 1957 while she was born in 1976), but this is the one that's larger (he was born in 1957 while she was born in 1978, making 21 years). I'm not complaining, but this is surprising.
Into the Spider-Verse is definitely one of the better animated films I've seen this year. I really enjoyed its comicbooky art style and animation. I wouldn't mind a sequel.