Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy "Unfortunate Son" Talkback (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

Rate & Discuss this Guardians of the Galaxy episode!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ****1/2

• ***1/2

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • **1/2

• *1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
Ratings
8,277 6
A Valid Location
Check out a new episode of Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy, today at 8:00AM ET on Disney XD!

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy "Unfortunate Son"
Episode Debut - December 3rd, 2017

In order to save the Guardians from the ruthless android Korvac, Quill must bust his father, J’son, out of a prison on Spartax.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,800 47
Sherman Oaks CA
Once again it felt very odd coming off the last episode, which was effectively the season finale, with another episode that obviously took place earlier in the season. All the moreso given it featured J'Son and we just spent a half-season long arc of Peter and the Guardians dealing with and finally defeating him :sweat:.

I don't even know why they thought it would be appropriate to premiere the episode now since it didn't really feel very Christmas-y or appropriate to the holidays, and they kept alluding to Father's Day (which made it feel like this episode should've premiered in June) o_O.

It's not even like this episode really shed any new light on J'Son or his relationship with Peter. He's still the same conniving, deceptive, and scoundrel he was in the first season and cemented himself as in the last half of this season :mad:.

I did like how the show updated Korvac. He wasn't the cosmic God he is in the comics, but I liked the way they worked in his cyborg body and then made his AI form resemble his more memorable look ;).

"I'm Star-Lord!" "Who?" Y'know, at this point the movie references almost don't bother me anymore :rolleyes2:.

Oh hey look, parachutes in space :p.

I hope that one pilot who's plane crashed into some architecture had a parachute :ack:.

It was nice to see Rora again, who once again proves that there is no fury like that of a woman scorned...especially if she's an AI with a long memory :evil:.

I also liked how they established Rora having previously been in a relationship with Korvac, which reminded me of Carina from the comics :).

Korvac going full-Borg with the Guardians was fun, especially since it led to Groot saying his first new word in the entire series :anime:.

I don't know whether Rora spending her new freedom discussing her relationship issues with J'Son is supposed to be cruel and unusual punishment for him or couples counseling :harley:.

Gold Guy

Ride On
Staff member
Dec 14, 2008
Ratings
2,856 7
New York City
I honestly never thought we'd see Rora again, so her appearance was nice. Thank goodness she didn't fall for any of J'Son's attempts to woo her back. As an AI intelligence, she way too smart for that.

She and Korvac used to be a couple? Before he even became a cyborg? I guess she just has a thing for humans?

Heh, the Borg was the first thing I thought of when I saw the Guardians too. Since a Trek actor voices J'Son, I guess there's an irony to that.

Aug 8, 2014
Ratings
3,490 3
Los Angeles, CA
In this episode, Peter and his friends are captured by his dad's ex-girlfriend's ex and he's forced to break his dad out of jail so he trade him for his friend's lives. This is strangest misaired Father's Day Special I've ever seen!

People who hate J'son:

Star-lord
The Guardians of the Galaxy
Victoria
Spartaxians
Thor
Asgardians
Nova
The Nova Corps
Rora
The Believers
Adam Warlock
Korvac

I'm sure I could probably add the Kree Supreme Intelligence and the rest of the Galactic Council at this point. He should probably just stay in jail until all this blows over.

Capt.Traphouse

Sexiest Thing Since Sex
May 26, 2015
Ratings
854 2
NY
In this episode, Peter and his friends are captured by his dad's ex-girlfriend's ex and he's forced to break his dad out of jail so he trade him for his friend's lives. This is strangest misaired Father's Day Special I've ever seen!

People who hate J'son:

Star-lord
The Guardians of the Galaxy
Victoria
Spartaxians
Thor
Asgardians
Nova
The Nova Corps
Rora
The Believers
Adam Warlock
Korvac

I'm sure I could probably add the Kree Supreme Intelligence and the rest of the Galactic Council at this point. He should probably just stay in jail until all this blows over.
I don't think attempted murder, treason and genocide (to name a few of his crimes) are crimes that have a statue of limitations lol.

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

At first, I thought Brian Hohlfeld working on many shows Nicole Dubuc worked on was just a coincidence . It turns out they're married. I previously thought the Paul Dini / Misty Lee marriage had the largest age gap (he was born in 1957 while she was born in 1976), but this is the one that's larger (he was born in 1957 while she was born in 1978, making 21 years). I'm not complaining, but this is surprising.
Into the Spider-Verse is definitely one of the better animated films I've seen this year. I really enjoyed its comicbooky art style and animation. I wouldn't mind a sequel.