"Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy (Animated)" News & Discussion Thread, Part 3 (Spoilers)

Frontier

Staff member
Poor Quill. They show more from everyone's Black Vortex segment but his :sweat:.
This looks like such a cool project. It kills me to know what is possible.
Especially when the animation for some of the segments actually looks a lot better then the normal Marvel in-house animation, especially the Drax one :cool:.
I just love Vanessa Marshall's comment where she says, "Its like Gamora's own h**l" given her tough as nails persona. Though for the Drax segment, I did not expect it to cross paths into a Spiderman like world given the J. Jonah J'son scene. It's definitely campy in that sense.
I wonder if they'll get Jonathan Frakes back for J. Jonah J'Son or use Bob Joles :p?
Design wise, it could be better, but it's at least fun and visually stylized
The CG for the Groot portion looks a lot better then the CG for the Rocket portion. Which might be intentional ;).

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
They didn't focus on Quill this time since they only talked about the first 2 parts of the "Black Vortex" arc. It is a little odd he's apparently getting less screen-time than the others in this story, though.

SweetShop209

1. Poor Quill. They show more from everyone's Black Vortex segment but his :sweat:.

2. I wonder if they'll get Jonathan Frakes back for J. Jonah J'Son or use Bob Joles :p?
1. Maybe there's something really juicy for him, and they don't want to spoil it.

2. I'm thinking most likely Bob Joles . When Ultimate Spiderman did the first Spider Verse arc back in 2015, they had JK Simmons voice all the J. Jonah Jamesons, even the female one.

3. Here are two episodes for May 19.

Frontier

Staff member
2. I'm thinking most likely Bob Joles . When Ultimate Spiderman did the first Spider Verse arc back in 2015, they had JK Simmons voice all the J. Jonah Jamesons, even the female one.
Maybe, but he's based off an existing Guardians character mixed with Jameson so I don't think it would be out-of-place if they had that same characters VA voice him here ;).

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Log-lines for episodes 18 and 19 of Mission Breakout are now up on Zap2It.
Blame It on the Boss of Nova
SEASON 3 , EPISODE 18
AIRING MAY 19, 2019
The Guardians finally make it out of the Black Vortex, only to find that the galaxy has been taken over by sinister robots called the Darkhawks, who are disguised as their friends.
The Real Me
SEASON 3 , EPISODE 19
AIRING MAY 19, 2019
The Guardians don't know who to trust as the Darkhawks seem to have duplicated everyone, including Quill.

Frontier

Staff member
Log-lines for episodes 18 and 19 of Mission Breakout are now up on Zap2It.
So the Darkhawks are basically robot Skrulls in this universe ;)?

Guessing they're not using the "Fraternity of Raptors" name...

Kind of surprised they managed to replace Quill given he's practically the main character, although I guess that helps with the surprise :eek:.

So Nova Prime and Star-Lord are Darkhawks...wonder who else they'll replace :confused:?

TheLemsterPju

So the Darkhawks are basically robot Skrulls in this universe ;)?

Guessing they're not using the "Fraternity of Raptors" name...

Kind of surprised they managed to replace Quill given he's practically the main character, although I guess that helps with the surprise :eek:.

So Nova Prime and Star-Lord are Darkhawks...wonder who else they'll replace :confused:?

Well, the Darkhawks did show up after the Skrull secret invasion in the comics. So maybe they're combining the two based on that.

My question is, will they ever explain this doohickey was, which was set up all the way back in season two.
tumblr_pfdg8loufx1u7vukeo1_540.png

(And no, I'm not overthinking that. They set up Thanos' return all the way back in the season one finale; when the symbiote pulled him underground. But people just assumed that was "Mother Earth" getting back at him and meant 'nothing'.)

Last edited:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
May 9th:
New featurette. The Guardians stuff starts around the 9:00 minutes mark.

May 10th:
Log-lines for episodes 20 and 21 of Mission Breakout are now up on Zap2It.
Paranoid
SEASON 3 , EPISODE 20
AIRING MAY 26, 2019
The Guardians travel to Asgard to help Thor fight off the spreading Darkhawk invasion, but they realize the only way to stop it is to go to the Darkhawk Realm.
Darkhawks on the Edge of Town
SEASON 3 , EPISODE 21
AIRING MAY 26, 2019
The Guardians travel to the Darkhawk Realm to free their duplicated friends, but evil mastermind The Serpent will not let the Guardians ruin his plans.

Last edited:

Roxas_Sora

So is this where Thor loses his eye :sweat:?

"The Serpent?" Is that the Asgardian Serpent? "Evil Mastermind" makes me think Loki :confused:.

There's the Midgard Serpent, the giant monster that the Avengers fought in the first season of "Avengers Assemble". But there's also Cul Borson, nicknamed "the Serpent", brother of Odin and God of Fear, who recruited 8 powerful warriors as his "childrens" using magic/twisted hammers. I think he's talking about Cul Borson's Serpent.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts