"Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy (Animated)" News & Discussion Thread, Part 3 (Spoilers)

Marvel/DCfan

I wonder will Captain Marvel make an appearance during the Secret Invasion arc being that that’s what her movie is going to be based on

Frontier

Staff member
I wonder will Captain Marvel make an appearance during the Secret Invasion arc being that that’s what her movie is going to be based on
I don't think Captain Marvel is really adapting Secret Invasion even though she's going to be squaring off against Skrulls, but the Avengers might appear during the storyline :eek:.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Zap2It now has summaries for this week's episodes:

I Fought the Law
SEASON 3, EPISODE 4
AIRING APR 01, 2018CC
The Guardians have captured Thanos, but it's no easy task transporting the most wanted criminal in the galaxy.
Titan Up
SEASON 3, EPISODE 5
AIRING APR 01, 2018CC
The Guardians chase Thanos and Sam Alexander to Thanos' home planet of Titan where they discover a gladiatorial arena featuring Jesse Alexander -- Nova's father.

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
So I'm hoping that Thanos kidnaps Sam, because if Sam is actually dumb enough to free Thanos *shakes head*

TheLemsterPju

I imagine that while the Guardians are distracted fighting some enemy (Black Order?), Thanos is off in the background hopping around trying to find something to remove the dried up symbiote encasing him. And he succeeds, leading to the next episode.

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
While I still find Thanos using a symbiote kinda redundant, I thought it was a fun team-up. Spidey and Rocket did have some really fun interactions together. I especially enjoyed Rocket saying "With great power comes great responsibility" is the stupidest thing he's ever heard. And he steals one of Spidey's webshooters because of course he would.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Here's a new preview clip:

SNEAK PEEK at Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout! - "I Fought the Law" & "Titan Up"
“I Fought the Law” (8:00-8:30AM ET/PT)
The GUARDIANS have captured THANOS but it is no easy task transporting the most wanted criminal in the galaxy.
“Titan Up” (8:30-9:00AM ET/PT)
The GUARDIANS chase THANOS and SAM ALEXANDER (NOVA) to Thanos’ home planet of TITAN, where they discover a gladiatorial arena featuring prisoner JESSE ALEXANDER – Nova’s father!
Sunday, April 1st on Disney XD (8:00-9:00AM ET/PT)

Dragnatek

I don't think Captain Marvel is really adapting Secret Invasion even though she's going to be squaring off against Skrulls, but the Avengers might appear during the storyline :eek:.
Her movie sounds like a very loose adaptation of the Kree/Skrull war.

TheLemsterPju

I found the synopsises for the next two episodes on my DVR ("Money Changes Everything" and "Sisters Are Doing it for Themselves").

The first one is very unspecific; the Guardians are running into problems with their wealth.

"Sisters Are Doing it for Themselves" will be about Gamora using her wealth to right more of her wrongs from her past and trying to redeem her sister Nebula.

TheLemsterPju

Here's a new preview clip

Unlike the 2012-2017 TMNT cartoon, I'm confident that we'll actually get closure with these long-lasting story-arcs.

Nebula turning good is honestly something I can see happening in this episode. (Now if only we could get a revived "goody-two-shoes" Mantis this season.)

Frontier

Staff member
Unlike the 2012-2017 TMNT cartoon, I'm confident that we'll actually get closure with these long-lasting story-arcs.

Nebula turning good is honestly something I can see happening in this episode. (Now if only we could get a revived "goody-two-shoes" Mantis this season.)
I'd find it really amusing if they revived Mantis and she's in her MCU body :p.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
A brief synopsis for "We Are the Champions" is now available on Zap2It ("Fame", the other episode premiering this week, currently still doesn't have a description).
We Are the Champions
SEASON 3, EPISODE 8
AIRING APR 15, 2018TV-Y7STEREO • CC
Drax decides he no longer wants to be a Destroyer and looks into new occupations.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.

Featured Posts