"Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy (Animated)" News & Discussion Thread, Part 3 (Spoilers)

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter

TheLemsterPju

If they're not going to kill of J'Son (which I hope they won't do), perhaps it is possible that the good/evil correlation power between Adam's Soul Stone will turn J'Son into a force of pure good by the end, if Magus is 'erased'. I think that would be a clever way of introducing a heroic version of Mr. Knife. (Maybe even suggesting to Adam to resurrect Mantis to atone for his sins?)

Marvel/DCfan

I didn’t see not one Avenger or Asgardian like the description said on marvel.com smh

TheLemsterPju

If they're not going to kill of J'Son (which I hope they won't do), perhaps it is possible that the good/evil correlation power between Adam's Soul Stone will turn J'Son into a force of pure good by the end, if Magus is 'erased'. I think that would be a clever way of introducing a heroic version of Mr. Knife. (Maybe even suggesting to Adam to resurrect Mantis to atone for his sins?)

It didn't turn the way I thought it would. Oh well.

Frontier

Staff member
Also, two interviews with Cort Lane about the season finale, and some more stuff about the upcoming 3rd season. Spoiler warning:
https://news.marvel.com/tv/80485/weekend-guardians-galaxy-season-2-comes-epic-conclusion/
http://collider.com/guardians-of-the-galaxy-season-2-finale-explained/#season-3-details
So the Spider-Man crossover will be on Guardians, rather then on Marvel's Spider-Man, and it'll have Robbie Daymond's Spidey rather then Drake Bell's (did Bell's ever interact with this version of the Guardians?).

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Just a quick note, according to the Dinsey Press website, the production code for "Unfortunate Son" is 213 (which should mean it's set between "It's Tricky" and the "Symbiote War" arc).

And I guess I was wrong and the digital shorts did count as an episode of this season, since there are apparently only 25 in total, unless there is one more premiering early next year.

brodie999

So the Spider-Man crossover will be on Guardians, rather then on Marvel's Spider-Man, and it'll have Robbie Daymond's Spidey rather then Drake Bell's (did Bell's ever interact with this version of the Guardians?).
Actually, he did interact with the redesigned Star-Lord in the Hulk and the Agents of SMASH series finale "Planet Monster Part 2" where he asked Star-Lord what he was having after the heroes defeated Ronan and teased him by calling him "Star-Guy." I don't think they ever got time for him to interact with the other retooled Guardians.

ChessKing

Just a quick note, according to the Dinsey Press website, the production code for "Unfortunate Son" is 213 (which should mean it's set between "It's Tricky" and the "Symbiote War" arc).

And I guess I was wrong and the digital shorts did count as an episode of this season, since there are apparently only 25 in total, unless there is one more premiering early next year.

Your not wrong about the digital shorts counting as an episode of this season, Your right about that as that episode has aired in the UK and I live in the UK and have seen it. The episode is titled: Pick up the Pieces and it is Season 2 episode 3, In it the Milano is overweight state due to the Earth souvenirs they have each collected and they crash in a swamp and must find the pieces to fix the ship.

Capt.Traphouse

Sexiest Thing Since Sex
I don't think the Milano will ever have a consistent scale. It's size will change within a single episode.

TheLemsterPju

Neither "Unfortunate Son" or Assemble's "New Year's Resolution" episode appear on my DVR for December 3rd....

So are they not going to air?

Mod Note: Double Post merged.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
Ack, it really bugs me that XD aired this episode out of order, especially since J'Son is in it...

I do like Korvac's design, though.

Frontier

Staff member
Yeah, it is really weird to have an episode with J'Son after the whole arc concluded, though it also looks like Rora is in it too which should be interesting (and awkward) :ack:.

Korvac looks pretty cool :cool:.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I think that maybe Paramount plans on having their removed shows put on some other streaming service like Netflix.
The good thing for Big Nate is that it's a successful daily comic strip first, and a book series, so Paramount's horribleness still doesn't mean people can't enjoy it in other forms.
Happy 9th Anniversary, Harvey Beaks.
Unpopular opinion: I really hope The Animation Guild does goes on strike soon. I'm so tired of seeing the animation industry getting screwed over by greedy companies for far too long.

I don't care what anybody says, it's time for the union to fight back.
Happy Good Friday!

Featured Posts