"Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy (Animated)" News & Discussion Thread, Part 3 (Spoilers)

Capt.Traphouse

Sexiest Thing Since Sex
It still feels really weird to me that they're basing an entire season's plot off of a Disney ride :sweat:.

Good to know that next season's shorts will at least have some plot relevance this time around ;).

Can't wait for the Stan Lee cameo :D.

The Guardians with "fame and fortune?" I'm sure they totally won't misuse that :p.

So we are going to be seeing the Black Vortex this season...though rather then upgrading the heroes, it looks like it's sending them to different worlds :eek:.
It's the logical conclusion to Ike Perlmutter's reign.

Here's another interesting tidbit about the next season, from the Marvel website:

Too bad Kr'lt has no chance of appearing.

Frontier

Staff member
Some episodes scheduled to air in November, according to Zap2It. No descriptions available yet.

S02, E48 It's Tricky 11/05/2017
S02, E49 You're No Good 11/12/2017
S02, E50 Behind Gold Eyes 11/12/2017
"Behind Gold Eyes" definitely alludes to Warlock, though "You're No Good" has me wondering if we're going to finally get to The Magus :eek:?

Capt.Traphouse

Sexiest Thing Since Sex
I'm glad season 3 is more than just one giant advertisement for the new ride. I hope we get more one shot villains

Frontier

Staff member
[QUOTE="Capt.Traphouse, post: 85733652, member: 186601"]I'm glad season 3 is more than just one giant advertisement for the new ride. I hope we get more one shot villains[/QUOTE]
They wouldn't really have much of a plot otherwise :sweat:.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
This might change, but Zap2It lists a new episode, "Unfortunate Son", for December 24th.
"Ruthless Asteroid Korvac?" So Korvac's a living asteroid now :sweat:?

I guess that kind of spoils that the team stops J'Son...though a return to Sparax also probably means a return of Victoria ;).
EDIT:
Images from the episodes set to premiere next week are available on the Disney Press website:

- I've Seen All Good People
- Another One Bites the Dust
It's nice seeing Gamora and Warlock together (even if we probably won't see their comic relationship on-screen) :).

Hey, it's Cosmo and Xeron :anime:!

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Descriptions for the episodes set to premiere in November, are now available on the Disney Press website. Interesting to note "It's Tricky" has a production code of 212, meaning it should take place somewhere between "Rock Your Baby" and the "Symbiote War" arc. Also, "You're No Good" and "Behind Gold Eyes" are 225 and 226, respectively, meaning they're technically the season finale.
"It's Tricky"
Air Date: 11/05/2017
During the Xandrian Feast of the Three Grinning Moons, the Guardians must pull a reverse heist by planting a dangerous weapon inside a Nova Corps vault.
"You're No Good"
Air Date: 11/12/2017
Warlock has gone dark! By absorbing J’son into his gem, Warlock has become Dark Warlock with his sights set on conquering the galaxy, starting with Spartax.
"Behind Gold Eyes"
Air Date: 11/12/2017
The Guardians and Nova battle Dark Warlock and J’son on Planet Y. Can our heroes save their friend Warlock and the universe before it’s too late?

Frontier

Staff member
Descriptions for the episodes set to premiere in November, are now available on the Disney Press website. Interesting to note "It's Tricky" has a production code of 212, meaning it should take place somewhere between "Rock Your Baby" and the "Symbiote War" arc. Also, "You're No Good" and "Behind Gold Eyes" are 225 and 226, respectively, meaning they're technically the season finale.
"It's Tricky" should be interesting since it's Nova-centric and it seems like we might actually learn more about Xandar's culture. Plus, it's been a while since the Guardians have done any heisting ;).

I'm guessing we'll probably see Victoria and some of the other supporting cast pop up to try and stop Magus from conquering Spartax :ack:.

So it all comes back to Planet Y, with the Guardians and Nova (Sam) going up against Magus and J'Son :cool:.

Why don't they just call him Magus?
Which I think is much cooler then "Dark Warlock" :rolleyes2:.

Frontier

Staff member
I wonder will the Avengers also return because during SDCC they said the Guardians will team up with the Nova Corps and the Avengers to defeat the Magus.
They might show up in "You're no Good" as part of the forces trying to repel Magus.

I could see Thor bringing them in to help combat him.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts