"Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy (Animated)" News & Discussion Thread, Part 3 (Spoilers)

Frontier

Staff member
So, this mean no Moondragon? because Drax home planet here isn't Earth :(
Well, I think Moondragon has a better chance (if not necesarilly a good one) to appear in this cartoon then she does in the movies :sweat:.
I hope we never see High Evolutionary again. Hated him in Hulk and the Agents of SMASH and don't care enough to see him again.
I thought the show had a pretty fun take on him :).

Capt.Traphouse

Sexiest Thing Since Sex
Was that female with the staff suppose to be xenon?? She looks exactly like Drax with a wig lol
Her name is Xeron The Starslayer. Respeck her name.

Loved the clip, anyone notice a slight animation bump and colors look brighter.

Peter Quill with the slight character growth.

Frontier

Staff member
Loved the clip, anyone notice a slight animation bump and colors look brighter.
This might just be me, but I feel like the animation for season 2 has steadily improved over time, especially compared to the premiere :).

Peter Quill with the slight character growth.
If there's one thing I appreciate about this season is that Peter's generally been a little more consistently competent and mature when the situation called for it, especially compared to season 1 :cool:.

Frontier

Staff member
Adam needs to fix those Quantum Bands at the bottom of that Soul Gem lake first. (It would be pointless and a waste for them to stay broken, considering how they were set up at the beginning of the season.)
I think it's possible there might be other plans with the Quantum Bands, but it's also possible they only included them to facilitate a lot of body-sliding with the Guardians.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
September 25th:
A second episode, "I've Seen All Good People" will air on October 29th according to Zap2It.

September 26th:
Descriptions for the episodes set to premiere next month are now available on the Disney Press site.

“I've Seen All Good People”
Air Date: 10/29/2017
Gamora trains Warlock to be a strong and powerful warrior like herself. But when Gamora’s lessons become too intense, Warlock clams up and is kidnapped by the Collector.
“Another One Bites The Dust”
Air Date: 10/29/2017
When Quill and Warlock are hunted by J’son and the Black Order, Quill teaches Warlock the importance of never letting himself slip into the path of evil.

Frontier

Staff member
September 26th:
Descriptions for the episodes set to premiere next month are now available on the Disney Press site.
Looks like we're going to be getting more episodes of Adam and a Guardian teaming-up where the Guardian imparts some kind of life lesson to Warlock ;).

Feels like it's been a while since we've seen the Collector :sweat:.

So J'Son and the Black Order have teamed-up? I guess it makes sense since he was behind the Universal Believers in the first place. I wonder if he's going to give them Nova helmets :eek:?

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
September 28th:
It looks like some more new episodes have premiered in other countries before the US. I think India got these two titles first:

October 8th:
Rounding up the news from NYCC via Newsarama's live coverage of the panel:
https://www.newsarama.com/36823-nycc-17-marvel-animation.html
The next season will kick off with a series of shorts showing the prisons the Collector has built for each of the Guardians.
The rest of the season will find the Guardians becoming rich and famous.
We're about to see a clip of the Guardians escaping the Collector's chambers.
In the clip, Star-Lord, Gamora, Rocket, and Groot go to rescue Drax from Collector's trap = but first they have to get through Stan Lee as one of Collector's guards.
An upcoming story will send the Guardians through the Black Vortex.
Vanessa Marshall, the voice of Gamora, spoke about what Gamora finds through the Black Vortex. "She's basically a Disney princess."
Each of the characters will be animated in different styles in their Black Vortex worlds.
Tara Strong plays one of the singing animals that Gamora meets in her princess world.
She has to stop all the animals from singing in the style of a classic Disney cartoon.
An animatic with some of the voices was shown - it's a pretty funny scene where Gamora winds up cleaning her princess cottage with the singing animals. Gamora is displeased.
According to Marshall, she has to fight off the singing animals when they become monsters later on.

Frontier

Staff member
It still feels really weird to me that they're basing an entire season's plot off of a Disney ride :sweat:.

Good to know that next season's shorts will at least have some plot relevance this time around ;).

Can't wait for the Stan Lee cameo :D.

The Guardians with "fame and fortune?" I'm sure they totally won't misuse that :p.

So we are going to be seeing the Black Vortex this season...though rather then upgrading the heroes, it looks like it's sending them to different worlds :eek:.

Greg91

Reporter
It's so great to hear they're using the Black Vortex (almost like Spider-Verse in Ultimate Spider-Man with the different animation and realities/dimensions). I wonder if other characters like Captain Marvel and Nova will appear or if it's just going to be the Guardians. I hope Mr. Knife is there at least.

It's cool that we'll see Secret Invasion in animation again after Avengers EMH. I suppose it will be a different take since the Guardians are in space and they're exposing the invasion before it happens I guess.

Frontier

Staff member
I'm curious to see if they'll actually use the Skrulls in this "Secret Invasion" storyline (especially since they'll be appearing in Captain Marvel), and how it might compare to EMH's adaption.

Greg91

Reporter
I would imagine the Skrulls are a must-have, unless it's Secret Invasion in name only. Since Secret Invasion is capitalized in the description, I assume it's based on the comic story and not a secret invasion from any villains.

Frontier

Staff member
EMH's version of Secret Invasion had a lot of twists and turns along with some really tense and subtle plot developments, so I'm curious to see how Guardians will handle it. It sounds like it might be related to this Nova Corps. sting operation o_O.

I'm also curious if one of the team might end up being revealed as a Skrull midway through the story...

I hope they have Veranke appear :cool:.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

also, I don't know if can ever look at any of the shows connected to Dan Schneider in a good light ever again. some of the actors are ok with us still enjoying them but I don't know if I can get past it.
as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

I knew about the promotional cans but I'm just seeing this ad for the first time. I love seeing Daredevil pushed by Marvel.
Notable moment from The Rock.

Featured Posts