"Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy (Animated)" News & Discussion Thread, Part 3 (Spoilers)

• Enter to win two tickets to Whisper of the Heart. Details here.

Latest News & Videos

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
A Valid Location
Log-lines for the final 3 episodes of Mission Breakout are now up on Zap2It.
Breaking Stuff Is Hard to Do
SEASON 3 , EPISODE 24
AIRING JUN 09, 2019
The Guardians and their friends search for the fragments of Dragonfang, a legendary weapon that will finally be able to defeat The Serpent forever.
Killer Queen
SEASON 3 , EPISODE 25
AIRING JUN 09, 2019
The Guardians, Loki and Iron Man travel to the castle of the evil Hela to ask her help in fighting The Serpent.
Just One Victory
SEASON 3 , EPISODE 26
AIRING JUN 09, 2019
With the Nova Corps defeated and the fate of the entire universe in jeopardy, the Guardians must turn to an unlikely ally to stop The Serpent.

Reactions: Frontier

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
Log-lines for the final 3 episodes of Mission Breakout are now up on Zap2It.
Dragonfang? Valkyrie's sword? Wasn't expecting her to be that plot relevant :eek:.

"Killer Queen" = Hela? I should've known :p.

Considering the Ragnarok influences (Valkyrie, we know Thor is going to get injured and lose Mjolnir like in Ragnarok), I wonder if Hela will match her movie incarnation :confused:.

Oh, and I guess Vanessa Marshall will probably not reprise Hela, so put that down for yet another recast in a Marvel cartoon :rolleyes2:.

Iron Man? Wasn't expecting him to show up. I wonder if this is going to reference the period where he was actually a member of the Guardians :)?

I bet the "unlikely ally" will be Thanos :evil:.

Reactions: RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
A Valid Location
The Disney June highlights has some details about the final episode - a time-slot of 9:30 A.M. (so I guess the last 3 episodes will air starting at 8:30 A.M. on that day, if this is accurate) and also reveals Henry Winkler's role.

Sunday, June 9
9:30-10:00 A.M. EDT (Disney XD)
Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout! “Just One Victory”

With the Nova Corp defeated and the fate of the entire universe in jeopardy, the Guardians must turn to an unlikely ally to stop The Serpent.

Henry Winkler (“Happy Days”) guest stars as Peter Quill’s Grandpa.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
The Disney June highlights has some details about the final episode - a time-slot of 9:30 A.M. (so I guess the last 3 episodes will air starting at 8:30 A.M. on that day, if this is accurate) and also reveals Henry Winkler's role.

Sunday, June 9
9:30-10:00 A.M. EDT (Disney XD)
Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout! “Just One Victory”

With the Nova Corp defeated and the fate of the entire universe in jeopardy, the Guardians must turn to an unlikely ally to stop The Serpent.

Henry Winkler (“Happy Days”) guest stars as Peter Quill’s Grandpa.
Quill's Grandpa? That was unexpected :eek:.

It'll be interesting to see how they handle the character, and I think Winkler will be a good fit :).

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
Like I said, "The Serpent" is Cul Borson, Odin's brother, God of Fear, and the big bad from the "Fear Itself" arc in the comics.
Which is why I brought up "Fear Itself" ;).

I wonder if the energy weapons from the preview are meant to take the place of the Asgardian armor the heroes wore to take on the Serpent and his enforcers...

Roxas_Sora

Apr 5, 2007
South of Europe
Which is why I brought up "Fear Itself" ;).

I wonder if the energy weapons from the preview are meant to take the place of the Asgardian armor the heroes wore to take on the Serpent and his enforcers...
Good point! I didn't notice them the first time. Then I wonder if we will see something like "The Worthy" and their hammers.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
I wonder what it is with the ratings...general disinterest after so long? Attrition? Kids not watching cable? XD being a niche channel?

SweetShop209

Jan 5, 2014
www.deviantart.com
I wonder what it is with the ratings...general disinterest after so long? Attrition? Kids not watching cable? XD being a niche channel?
The niche channel thing isn't completely applicable here. Elena Of Avalor has premieres on the lesser available Disney Junior channel , and 9/10 times, it managed to get higher ratings than Disney Channel cartoons . For example, the two Elena episodes that aired in October 2018 got over 670,000 views on October 13 and over 800,000 views on October 27, scoring higher than the Big Hero 6 season 1 finale and the Ducktales episode on October 27. I think low advertising combined with late night time slots and the year long hiatus contributed to the drop in ratings.

October 13
Big Hero 6: The Seires (Season Finale): 506,000 (0.11)
Disney Junior
Molang: 789,000 (0.19)
Elena of Avalor: 672,000 (0.16)
Disney XD
Beyblade Burst Evolution: 126,000 (0.01)
Yo-Kai Watch: 93,000 (0.01)
Pokémon the Series: Sun & Moon - Ultra Adventures: 181,000 (0.04)
October 14
Star Wars Resistance: 471,000 (0.09)
Disney XD
Avengers: Black Panther's Quest: 162,000 (0.04)
October 15
Hotel Transylvania: The Series: 620,000 (0.15)
Andi Mack: 667,000 (0.13)
Disney XD
Parker Plays (Season Premiere): 190,000 (0.04)
October 26
Puppy Dog Pals: 612,000 (0.17)
Doc McStuffins (Season Premiere): 437,000 (0.10)
Raven's Home: 783,000 (0.15)
Coop & Cami Ask The World: 650,000 (0.12)
October 27
Milo Murphy's Law: 464,000 (0.08)
DuckTales: 606,000 (0.12)
Disney Junior
Elena of Avalor: 843,000 (0.20)
Disney XD
Beyblade Burst Evolution: 102,000 (0.01)
Yo-Kai Watch: 78,000 (0.02)
Pokémon the Series: Sun & Moon - Ultra Adventures: 174,000 (0.03)
October 28
Star Wars Resistance: 383,000 (0.08)
Disney XD
Avengers: Black Panther's Quest:
October 29
DIsney XD
Parker Plays: 160,000 (0.03)

Last edited:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
A Valid Location
New preview clip.
Sunday, June 9th on Disney XD
Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout!

“Breaking Stuff is Hard to Do” (9:30 – 10:00PM ET/PT)
With reinforcements gathered, the Guardians and their friends head out to find the fragments of Dragonfang – a legendary weapon that will finally be able to defeat The Serpent forever.
“Killer Queen” (10:00 – 10:30PM ET/PT)
The Guardians team up with Loki and Iron man and travel to the castle of the evil Hela to seek her aid in fighting The Serpent.
“Just One Victory” (10:30 – 11:00PM ET/PT)
The Serpent is using the power of Asgard to siphon energy from the galaxy, destroying planets one by one. With the Nova Corp defeated and the fate of the entire universe in jeopardy, the Guardians must turn to an unlikely ally to stop the Serpent.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Carlos Gutierrez wrote on PinkiePie97's profile.
I really do need to see Unikitty, Puppycorn, Dr. Fox, Hawkodile, and Richard come back for more new adventures this summer!
Happy Father's Day to all dads out there (including my own)!
Homestar Runner was trending yesterday and I didn't notice. Is the series all up ons again?
Amphibia looks pretty deece so far. The premise is like the isekai anime genre, except the main protagonist isn't stuck in a typical fantasy RPG world that most isekai anime take place in.