• Enter to win two tickets to Howl's Moving Castle. Details here.

"Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy (Animated)" News & Discussion Thread, Part 3 (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

Frontier

Staff member
I wonder if the long break means Marvel's Spider-Man will come back earlier then expected :confused:?

Although if that were the case I think they would've brought up the Superior arc at a panel, or we would've gotten more of an indication that it was coming back soon :ack:.

Maybe they want to run through more of Panther's Quest...

RoyalRubble

Staff member
I'm pretty sure the live-action Guardians Vol. 3 was scheduled to be released in 2020 and only production was set to start next year, but it was put on-hold. So there's no real reason (as far as we know, anyway) for a hiatus this long.

SweetShop209

Then I guess the network just doesn't care about the show. I mean, it's been months since the show had any encores. They'll probably just air new episodes with the number of encores being on one hand. I also wouldn't be surprised if these episodes air late night or early morning time slots, and with a burnoff schedule like Penn Zero season 2.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Yeah, I think I mentioned this before, but I don't expect the show to have anything else than a weekend morning time-slot for when it returns.

Frontier

Staff member
Here are the next 9 episodes of GOTG: Mission: Breakout. It's spoken in Russian. But the names of the episodes are now on wikipedia.

"Black Vortex, Part 1"

Black Vortex Part 2

Black Vortex Part 3

Black Vortex Part 4

Blame it on the Boss of Nova

The Real Me

Paranoid

Darkhawks On the Edge of Town

Holding Out For a Hero.
Looks like the Black Vortex arc will be a 4-parter. Not too surprising :).

"Darkhawks?" I wonder if this means the Secret Invasion-esque plot involves the Fraternity of Raptors :ack:?

I also wonder if "Blame it on the Boss of Nova" means Nova Prime has been compromised :eek:?

Last edited:

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
I'm trying to think of any time there was an animated Darkhawk and all I can think of is probably one of the 90s Fantastic Four cameos where he flew by with the New Warriors. I'm always glad when another old character finally leaves the comic page and makes it into animation.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

RoyalRubble

Staff member
It's a minor thing but this promo for new episodes of the Marvel shows from the Latin American version of Disney XD has some brief new footage. I only really noticed a CGI Rocket (around the 0:17 mark), but there might be more.

(Also I think the scenes shown from the other shows have already aired here. If I'm mistaken and anyone recognizes some new footage in there, feel free to bring it up in the other News & Discussion threads).

Frontier

Staff member
It's a minor thing but this promo for new episodes of the Marvel shows from the Latin American version of Disney XD has some brief new footage. I only really noticed a CGI Rocket (around the 0:17 mark), but there might be more.

(Also I think the scenes shown from the other shows have already aired here. If I'm mistaken and anyone recognizes some new footage in there, feel free to bring it up in the other News & Discussion threads).
The CG animation for Rocket's (presumably) Black Vortex world looks pretty cool :cool:.

Maybe not on the level of the Rocket and Groot short, but still looks good ;).

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Some random thoughts-

Given Avengers Assemble had less than the usual 26 episodes this season, I wonder if Guardians might be in a similar situation. I kind of doubt the 9 new episode titles apparently leaked online are all that's left, though. On the other hand, this show had an episode that was supposedly going to be split into shorts, yet it still aired intact on TV.

I think April was rumored before as a return date for the show, but there was no real confirmation. Last year, the season started on March 18th, so it's been almost a year. If I were to guess, they could resume the show around mid-March or something like that, prior to Wonder Con. Regardless, I think it's pretty safe to say there will be some news about the shows at the con.

Speaking of which, I plan on starting a "Marvel Animation at Wonder Con" thread this Friday, or early next week. Even before official announcements about the panels start coming out, I think the thread could be used for more speculation and discussion.

Frontier

Staff member
Given Avengers Assemble had less than the usual 26 episodes this season, I wonder if Guardians might be in a similar situation. I kind of doubt the 9 new episode titles apparently leaked online are all that's left, though. On the other hand, this show had an episode that was supposedly going to be split into shorts, yet it still aired intact on TV.
I wonder if they might have a similar situation to last season where there are 2-3 episodes that are seasonal/holiday centric and could be aired out-of-order :)?

SweetShop209

I'm going to assume this half of the season is going to have significantly darker content, and Thor probably lost his eye through some rather graphic means , thus explaining Disney XD's reluctance to air it. I mean, Star Wars Rebels, which is also rated TV-Y7 like this series, was given less airtime in later seasons due to dark content that really stretched the rating. It's probably the case here.

Frontier

Staff member
Are you kidding me? That's way past overlapping show events, it's a sliding several year timescale.

I mean no disrespect to the showrunners though.
Personally, I just kind of appreciate that they'll be explaining a major plot development via another show, which shows more continuity then the Marvel cartoons are generally known for :p.

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

Why can't Cartoon Network air shows like Adventure Time, Regular Show, Uncle Grandpa and Clarence instead of Toddler Tightwads No!?

I like her response as to why she chooses Grover.
If you're a writer and a showrunner of a stale show for almost two decades and you disregard an episode you already wrote back in the 90s because of some controversial documentary, I cannot take you seriously anymore.
Asa
Was it ever confirmed that CN will host their 2019-2020 upfront this year?
I would love to see a Loud House spinoff comic starring the Loud Family as Ace Savvy and The Full House Gang. Heck, might as well give all the other Loud House characters card-themed superhero/supervillain identities.