• Enter to win two tickets to Howl's Moving Castle. Details here.

"Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy (Animated)" News & Discussion Thread, Part 3 (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

Frontier

Staff member
Spring 2019? I hope that's a reference to a season 4 because that's a long wait and this show is awesome (despite the limited villain cast).
I imagine between then we've got Avengers: Black Panther's Quest and the rest of Marvel's Spider-Man season 2 before they bring back Guardians in the Spring.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Yeah, and they will most likely repeat the same order next year - Guardians in spring, Spider-Man in summer and Avengers in fall. Half a Season from each show per year.

Frontier

Staff member
Yeah, and they will most likely repeat the same order next year - Guardians in spring, Spider-Man in summer and Avengers in fall. Half a Season from each show per year.
Y'know, looking at it that way, it seems like a pretty sound marketing/premier strategy, even if it probably annoys those who want more of a specific show :p.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Burning through half of the season quickly and waiting for such a long period to air the rest feels like a weird way to retain interest in the series. Having seen them do this with other series, it's very believable though.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

TheLemsterPju

I apologize for bumping this thread with no news, but I wanted to ask:

Is the second half of this third season going to include the five-episode dimensions arc with different art styles and the "Secret Invasion" arc for the remainder?

Frontier

Staff member
I apologize for bumping this thread with no news, but I wanted to ask:

Is the second half of this season going to include the five-episode arc with different art styles and the "Secret Invasion" arc for the remainder?
I would assume as much. The ending of the first half pretty much leads into the Black Vortex storyline :).

TheLemsterPju

I would assume as much. The ending of the first half pretty much leads into the Black Vortex storyline :).
If it were to guess, maybe we get an episode after that arc (around S3 E19) involving them regrouping and keeping the Black Vortex mirror away from the Kree.

Then a Halloween and Christmas episode and finally a five-part "Secret Invasion"/Black Vortex arc with the Kree planning to invade...somewhere. I guess that's the series finale.

I hope we see Ronan again and Nebula fully becoming an ally. Although Yondu is almost hopelessly evil at this point...

RoyalRubble

Staff member
I could be completely wrong about this, but I get the feeling they might continue with the same format as with the previous episodes this Season, having 4 episodes long story-arcs. For the "Black Vortex" arc I presume Rocket & Groot would probably share the same episode and just split it into 2 different art styles. This only leaves room for one "extra" episode (possibly a Holiday Special, though it would feel really weird if it airs in Spring - unless it's by any chance an Easter episode :p).

Frontier

Staff member
I could be completely wrong about this, but I get the feeling they might continue with the same format as with the previous episodes this Season, having 4 episodes long story-arcs. For the "Black Vortex" arc I presume Rocket & Groot would probably share the same episode and just split it into 2 different art styles. This only leaves room for one "extra" episode (possibly a Holiday Special, though it would feel really weird if it airs in Spring - unless it's by any chance an Easter episode :p).
It would be kind of hilarious if the animation style for the Rocket and Groot story is the same as their own animated shorts :p.

SweetShop209

David Solobov recently put up a tweet with a picture of him with his fellow Guardians cast members, alongside Cree Summer, Fred Tatasciore, an off-camera Kari Wahlgren, and Mick Wingert. I assume they're recording more material.

Frontier

Staff member
David Solobov recently put up a tweet with a picture of him with his fellow Guardians cast members, alongside Cree Summer, Fred Tatasciore, an off-camera Kari Wahlgren, and Mick Wingert. I assume they're recording more material.

Huh, I would've thought they'd have finished recording for season 3 by now, so I wonder what this might have been for :confused:.

Kari Wahlgren and Mick Wingert being there probably means Wasp and Iron Man :).

(I wonder if they'll re-cast Kari when they inevitably reboot Hope to be more like MCU Wasp...)

Last edited:

SweetShop209

Huh, I would've thought they'd have finished recording for season 2 by now, so I wonder what this might have been for :confused:.

Kari Wahlgren and Mick Wingert being there probably means Wasp and Iron Man :).

(I wonder if they'll re-cast Kari when they inevitably reboot Hope to be more like MCU Wasp...)
1. I think you mean season 3. In any case, I'm going to assume that season 3 is the last. I mean, I do t even know the last time this show had an encore.

2. Well, Kari is also Proxima Midnight, so anything can happen.

3. I don't think she'll be recast. She'd probably still voice her even when the character is retooled.

On another note, I feel like I just stepped into a SofiaTheFirst session given how 5/8 of the people mentioned have been in the show.

Frontier

Staff member
1. I think you mean season 3. In any case, I'm going to assume that season 3 is the last. I mean, I do t even know the last time this show had an encore.
D'oh :sweat:.
2. Well, Kari is also Proxima Midnight, so anything can happen.
Oh yeah, I was thinking of Kari's prominet Marvel roles and completley forgot about Proxima :ack:.

Although Wingert also implies to me an Avengers presence of some sort...
3. I don't think she'll be recast. She'd probably still voice her even when the character is retooled.
I dunno, usually a VA doesn't stick around after a character re-tooling, just look at Ant-Man :(.

Though Bumper Robinson still played older Falcon, so I guess there's that :shrug:.

Although I think we'll probably see a quicker re-tooling of Captain Marvel then Wasp.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
This reminds me - Henry Winkler and Raven-Symoné are supposed to have guest-roles this Season. Since they were announced all the way back in March, you'd figure their episodes were already recorded. Only Ming-Na Wen has appeared from that list.

On the other hand, I think all the guest-stars announced for Spider-Man have already appeared during the first 13 episodes (except maybe for Sofia Carson, but at least we should know her role).

Frontier

Staff member
I dunno, I feel like the controversy over Gunn would be completely divorced from the cartoon and how Disney would use it, but that's just me...

SweetShop209

I dunno, I feel like the controversy over Gunn would be completely divorced from the cartoon and how Disney would use it, but that's just me...
Even disregarding that, I don't expect the show to be treated well upon return. We're currently in the show's longest hiatus of at least 4 months. At least for the two major hiatuses for Avengers Assemble (6 months between seasons 2-3 and seasons 4-5), it's from season finale to season premiere, not within a season.

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

Why can't Cartoon Network air shows like Adventure Time, Regular Show, Uncle Grandpa and Clarence instead of Toddler Tightwads No!?

I like her response as to why she chooses Grover.
If you're a writer and a showrunner of a stale show for almost two decades and you disregard an episode you already wrote back in the 90s because of some controversial documentary, I cannot take you seriously anymore.
Asa
Was it ever confirmed that CN will host their 2019-2020 upfront this year?
I would love to see a Loud House spinoff comic starring the Loud Family as Ace Savvy and The Full House Gang. Heck, might as well give all the other Loud House characters card-themed superhero/supervillain identities.