"Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy (Animated)" News & Discussion Thread, Part 3 (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,797 47
Sherman Oaks CA
Yeah does Thanos even need a symbiote? How would it really raise his powers higher than what they already are?
Well, I guess now he's got extra tendrils to work with now :p.

Y'know, it's kind of weird to think we haven't seen the Eddie Brock Venom in a cartoon since Spectacular was on the air, unless you count Venom in that Phineas and Ferb crossover special.

We also haven't gotten Cletus Kasady's Carnage since Spider-Man Unlimited.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
Ratings
8,277 6
A Valid Location
In a way I guess they were kind of foreshadowing this event back in Season 2 when they revealed Thanos was responsible for the creation of the Symbiotes... not that it makes the idea of a Symbiote-enhanced Thanos any more appealing.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Feb 27, 2008
Ratings
2,516 4
177A Bleecker Street
Marvel Animation has those certain things that get overused, like the Destroyer armor, and the Venom symbiote is one of them. It's used in some instances better than in others though there are some guys that just seem too powerful to really do anything differently with it, and I'd say Thanos is one of them. We have seen that he's the one responsible for weaponizing it in the first place, so there is that, but I can't picture him being any more of a threat with it than he already is.

Sent from my KFFOWI using Tapatalk

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,797 47
Sherman Oaks CA
Wouldn't having a symbiote actually make Thanos weaker, since he now has vulnerability to sound and fire, which he normally doesn't?
Maybe the writers needed to come up with a believable way for the Guardians to beat Thanos again :p?
I wonder if Ming-Na Wen might voice Hala this season, the same character she'll play on Marvel Rising.
I thought that too (especially since it's unlikely she'd be making an appearance as Agent May), and it would be a nice bit of continuity :).

I wonder if we might see her appointed as the new Kree Accuser after Ronan went renegade :ack:?

Mr.O

Sep 21, 2016
Ratings
325 3
Maybe the writers needed to come up with a believable way for the Guardians to beat Thanos again :p?
Thanos getting a symbiote suit should be like you wearing a suit of cheap, single ply toilet paper, glued to your body with toothpaste. Even if someone hit you with your tissue-suits biggest weakness (a water gun), your person will be much better off then the now deteriorating suit you never needed.
So basically, the fire/ sonic weakness wont be too believable, IMO.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
Ratings
8,277 6
A Valid Location
I presume that if Agent May were to appear on the show, they would have just announced that from the beginning instead of just the voice actress. Kind of similar to when they had Fitz & Simmons on Ultimate Spider-Man.

I think Hala would make more sense on this show than on Marvel Rising (though to be fair, there's a lot we still don't know about that show) and could work nicely as a continuation of the Kree story-arcs they had so far.

Another theory could be Ming-Na Wen voicing a character in that "Disney Princesses" dimension Gamora will visit.

EDIT:
Two new episode titles are now showing up on the calendar from the Disney Press website for April 8th:

"Money Changes Everything" at 8:00AM
"Sisters Are Doing it for Themselves" at 8:30AM

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,797 47
Sherman Oaks CA
EDIT:
Two new episode titles are now showing up on the calendar from the Disney Press website for April 8th:

"Money Changes Everything" at 8:00AM
"Sisters Are Doing it for Themselves" at 8:30AM
I'm guessing "Money Changes Everything" relates to the Guardians handling their newfound fame and fortune :cool:.

"Sisters Are Doing it for Themselves" sounds like it'll probably involve Gamora and Nebula :ack:.

brodie999

Jul 1, 2016
Ratings
200 1
I've got some more episodes for April. I read about them on the Disney forum.

April 15 - We Are The Champions at 8:00AM.
April 15 - Fame at 8:30AM,
April 22 - Happy Together at 8:00AM
April 22 - Gotta Get Outta This Place at 8:30AM
April 29 - Long Distance Runaround at 8:00AM
April 29 - You Don't Own Me at 8:30AM

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
Ratings
8,277 6
A Valid Location
That would make 13 episodes (half of the season) airing in a row. We should get descriptions for all of these episodes in the next couple of weeks. I find it more fun they are limiting how many episodes premiere in a day instead of having 4 or 5 new episodes in the same day like last year.

I presume the show will be on hiatus in May to make room for Avengers: Black Panther Quest, but we'll see.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,797 47
Sherman Oaks CA
I've got some more episodes for April. I read about them on the Disney forum.

April 15 - We Are The Champions at 8:00AM.
April 15 - Fame at 8:30AM,
April 22 - Happy Together at 8:00AM
April 22 - Gotta Get Outta This Place at 8:30AM
April 29 - Long Distance Runaround at 8:00AM
April 29 - You Don't Own Me at 8:30AM
"We are The Champions" - I doubt we'll be seeing any of the comic Champions in this episode, though it could refer to a tournament type situation with the Champion of the Universe. Maybe the return of the Grandmaster :cool:?

"Fame" sounds like it'll still be exploring the Guardians newfound fame.

"Happy Together" - Feel like this is going to be like a "For the Man Who has Everything" story...

"Gotta Get Outta This Place" The start of the Black Vortex arc :)?

"You Don't Own Me" - I feel like this is going to be a Gamora episode...

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

At first, I thought Brian Hohlfeld working on many shows Nicole Dubuc worked on was just a coincidence . It turns out they're married. I previously thought the Paul Dini / Misty Lee marriage had the largest age gap (he was born in 1957 while she was born in 1976), but this is the one that's larger (he was born in 1957 while she was born in 1978, making 21 years). I'm not complaining, but this is surprising.
Into the Spider-Verse is definitely one of the better animated films I've seen this year. I really enjoyed its comicbooky art style and animation. I wouldn't mind a sequel.