"Marvel's Future Avengers" Series Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate & Discuss "Marvel's Future Avengers"!

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • ****1/2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• ***1/2

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • **1/2

• *1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
The first season of Marvel's Future Avengers premieres today on Disney+! This thread is for members to speak about all episodes or the majority of them at once.

MFAIMG.png

Marvel's Future Avengers
Season One
- Debut: February 28th, 2020 on Disney+
Original debut date: July 22nd, 2017

Synopsis: The anime follows Makoto, a young boy who gains superpowers due to an evil gene manipulation experiment. Makoto and other youths join the Avengers as apprentices named "Future Avengers." The anime shows Makoto and others as they train, fight villains and grow, under Avengers members Iron Man, Captain America, Hulk, Thor, and Wasp.

Other relevant links:
"Marvel's Future Avengers" Anime Series News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)
"Marvel Disk Wars: The Avengers (Anime Series)" News and Discussion (Spoilers)
"Marvel Anime" Series Talkback (Spoilers)

"Marvel Animation on Disney+" Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC! Additionally, any mention or implication of viewing an episode through illegal means will not be tolerated - the post will be deleted and/or an infraction will be issued.

Last edited:

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
It's cool to be able to finally see the show with stuff I would take for granted like English subtitles or an English credits list. I'm glad that they kept the intro and outro intact. I never understood why this series wasn't made available in America but I'm glad that it finally is because I wasn't sure that it ever would be. Even with the goofy anime trappings, I love how much more detail gets written into this than the average episode of Avengers Assemble.

I have my fingers crossed that this will acquire a decent audience on Disney Plus and probably have an effect on us finally getting to see disk wars in English or maybe even new Marvel animation done by madhouse.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
I haven't seen the show yet, but looking at "behind the voice actors", a lot of the role reprisals for the series are of those who first voiced (or at least prominently voiced) their characters on Avengers Assemble.

Frontier

Staff member
I haven't seen the show yet, but looking at "behind the voice actors", a lot of the role reprisals for the series are of those who first voiced (or at least prominently voiced) their characters on Avengers Assemble.
I saw where Mick Wingert is now Iron Man and Kari Wahlgren is Wasp (although Janet rather then Hope this time around), so they probably recorded this around the time they were doing Avengers: Secret Wars and those castings settled in.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
I saw where Mick Wingert is now Iron Man and Kari Wahlgren is Wasp (although Janet rather then Hope this time around), so they probably recorded this around the time they were doing Avengers: Secret Wars and those castings settled in.
That would explain Kathreen Khavari reprising her role as Ms Marvel and Liam O'Brien returning to do Doctor Strange and Red Skull, though Patrick Seitz is Thor and not Travis Willingham.

Webbed-Wonder

Still thwipping!
Only watched a little bit of this so far but I'm surprised how much I like it more than Avengers Assemble already lol.

I watched the 2 (only 2?) episodes with Spidey so far and was impressed with the way they did him and the Green Goblin. Spidey's pretty much operating on his own in NY, and you get them both acting pretty in-character, even with the kinda ridiculous Goblin driving around a Hulkbuster Spidey still gets to beat his enemy, and it's also refreshing to see a Goblin again in animation that isn't a monster or a robot and is just oldschool. Can't go wrong with Madhouse, either, looks so much better than Assemble even with this not feeling like Madhouse at their top form.

GM_Comand

So I've been watching this show and enjoying it so far. Random question I have after watching the fourth episode is Carol Danvers supposed to be a school teacher when not doing the superhero thing in the show? Yeah, I know my question might seem wired.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
LOL I didn't think much of that. I wish I could give a definitive answer.

One interesting tidbit was that Colleen O'Shaughnessey is in the series as Friday while Kari Wahlgren plays The Wasp. I love both VAs but you would just think that they would go with the veteran in the role, like they do with some of the other casting choices here. I guess Kari did the voice in Avengers Assemble, even though that's a different Wasp.

Last edited:

ZackSmith1

I love this series so far on DisneyPlus, but my favorite episodes were 7 and 18 since they feature Deadpool and I am a huge Deadpool fan. What's is so amazing is the series when it aired in 2017, so at the time Deadpool was the only Fox-owned character to appear despite the fact there was an embargo on Fox-owned characters from appearing in Marvel Animation at the time, but somehow a Japanese Anime Marvel show managed to include Deadpool.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
I love this series so far on DisneyPlus, but my favorite episodes were 7 and 18 since they feature Deadpool and I am a huge Deadpool fan. What's is so amazing is the series when it aired in 2017, so at the time Deadpool was the only Fox-owned character to appear despite the fact there was an embargo on Fox-owned characters from appearing in Marvel Animation at the time, but somehow a Japanese Anime Marvel show managed to include Deadpool.
Deadpool also appeared in Marvel Disk Wars: The Avengers, which came out in 2014. I believe Jason Spisak voiced him in the English dub of both shows.

Frontier

Staff member
One interesting tidbit was that Colleen O'Shaughnessey is in the series as Friday while Kari Wahlgren plays The Wasp. I love both VAs but you would just think that they would go with the veteran in the role, like they do with some of the other casting choices here. I guess Kari did the voice in Avengers Assemble, even though that's a different Wasp.
I assume they used Kari hear to keep it consistent with Avengers: Secret Wars, which is probably why Mick Wingert is Iron Man instead of Matthew Mercer like in Disk Wars.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
There's something about a Cap, Iron Man, Hulk, Thor and Wasp roster that just feels right, and I'm a guy that never really liked considering the Hulk as a real Avenger before Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

Frontier

Staff member
There's something about a Cap, Iron Man, Hulk, Thor and Wasp roster that just feels right, and I'm a guy that never really liked considering the Hulk as a real Avenger before Earth's Mightiest Heroes.
All we're missing is Hank Pym for a complete team :).

CrossTag

Deadpool also appeared in Marvel Disk Wars: The Avengers, which came out in 2014. I believe Jason Spisak voiced him in the English dub of both shows.
Also, back when they did Disk Wars, they did a popularity poll (like when Shonen Jump does), and Deadpool was the #1 character in the poll , Deadpool is really popular in Japan, that might explain why he came back.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Also, back when they did Disk Wars, they did a popularity poll (like when Shonen Jump does), and Deadpool was the #1 character in the poll , Deadpool is really popular in Japan, that might explain why he came back.
LOL they did that? You learn something new everyday.

CrossTag

Last edited by a moderator:

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
The Future Avengers kids remind me of the typical toyetic anime protags I envision; blank cypher OCs with no real distinguishable backgrounds or anything but they're 100% determined for some reason or another. Those aren't characters that interest me a whole lot but there is a lot of Marvel love here and I thought these were good takes on all the heroes and villains. When it comes down to it, it feels and looks more like the Marvel U I love than most of the shows they've been producing stateside in the last 8 years.

I really got into the climactic battles and plot twists of this first season and I hope that it doesn't take too long to add the second one, especially with them keeping the promos intact at the end. I generally like when Marvel and Madhouse collab and I hope there's more of that in the future. I hope that this gets enough of an audience on Plus that they might even greenlight some original stuff for the future or upload Disk Wars (Its Toei, but still...).

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Season Two of Marvel's Future Avengers premieres today on Disney+!

MFAIMG.png
Marvel's Future Avengers
Season Two
- Debut: May 22nd, 2020 on Disney+
Original debut date: July 30th, 2018

Synopsis: The anime follows Makoto, a young boy who gains superpowers due to an evil gene manipulation experiment. Makoto and other youths join the Avengers as apprentices named "Future Avengers." The anime shows Makoto and others as they train, fight villains and grow, under Avengers members Iron Man, Captain America, Hulk, Thor, and Wasp.

Comments?

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
For the Avengers 60th anniversary, Marvel HQ has started uploading an episode a week.

Episodes will launch on Marvel HQ every Tuesday, culminating in the first of many livestream watch events on Tuesday, October 24. All 39-episodes will be made available by summer 2024. And look for Future Avengers-related merchandise across apparel, accessories, home, and toys at retailers this Holiday and into 2024.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Frontier

Staff member

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

WBD announces a Meerkat Manor animated film. In other news, the world suddenly remembers Meerkat Manor exists.
Today marks the 5th Year Anniversary of when the HD Double Pack of Final Fantasy X & X-2 was released on the Nintendo Switch in North America. It was nice to be able to play my favorite Final Fantasy game on a Nintendo system.
Alex Dudley's DToons YouTube channel is back after being hacked a couple of weeks ago. Good news.

Take a look at these cool posters.

Rebecca and Ian are LEGENDS!
If you want an example of what truly all-ages animation is, I can't think of a better recent example than Bluey's "The Sign". I have more to say, but you'll be hearing from me again ;)

Featured Posts