"Marvel's Future Avengers" Anime Series News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member

Looks like both Disk Wars and Future Avengers were available on DisneyLife somewhere. With that service being phased out for Disney+ in some places like England, I wonder if there's a likelihood that the two series will be carried over to Disney+ there, as well as here someday.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Frontier

Staff member

Looks like both Disk Wars and Future Avengers were available on DisneyLife somewhere. With that service being phased out for Disney+ in some places like England, I wonder if there's a likelihood that the two series will be carried over to Disney+ there, as well as here someday.

If they're finally going to put Future Avengers up, it makes no sense not to eventually put up Disk Wars :).

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Legend Of The Three Caballeros first came out on Disney Life in the Philippines back in 2018, and made it to Disney+ a year and a half later in the US. I assume it'll be the case for this series.

TheGreatOne2

Hopelly all the content thats on Disney Life thats not on Disney+ will be made avaiable on Disney+ that includes Disk Wars Avengers thats on disney life Philippines

It looks like Disney is shutting down Disney Life Philippines on April 1 though

Last edited:

TFormersMarvel

It's a pleasant surprise to finally have one of the Asian territory Marvel series to finally come stateside through official means (and with its English dub carrying over some familiar voice actors from the current MAU and EMH).

Here's hoping that we're going to get Disk Wars: Avengers soon enough. We know that the Philippines had an English dub for the series, and I recall making a post pointing out the confirmed VAs years ago.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member

They could have probably put this up yesterday but better late than never.

Another clip for the uninitiated.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
Disk Wars should be next, if only for archival purposes.

When I brought up these shows last year at Marvel Animation panel during D23, it was like I brought a hooker to a church.

My point is, it was like this taboo topic. So what's the problem here? We got Future Avengers on Disney+ at least.

Why is it that Marvel almost never talks about these shows? Are they embarrassed by them? Do they not want people to know they exist?

Granted, I don't think these shows are all time classic, but if dubs are available, fans should be able to watch them.

Also, you have Deadpool interacting with the Avengers. I think this is a good template for how you can have Deadpool in the greater MCU. Obviously you can be a bit edgier in a PG-13 movie, but it would hardly be impossible.

Just have Deadpool make meta jokes and start self-censoring himself. The other characters won't understand what he's talking about.

Frontier

Staff member

They could have probably put this up yesterday but better late than never.

Another clip for the uninitiated.

I have to say, just from these clips alone...the animation is head and shoulders above the regular Marvel cartoons.

And I'm glad they went in a different direction with the designs instead of trying to ape the movies, especailly with those Hydra soldiers.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
I have to say, just from these clips alone...the animation is head and shoulders above the regular Marvel cartoons.

And I'm glad they went in a different direction with the designs instead of trying to ape the movies, especailly with those Hydra soldiers.
It could be because this show is produced in Japan, so there's more free reign to do their own thing .

Webbed-Wonder

Still thwipping!
Disk Wars should be next, if only for archival purposes.

When I brought up these shows last year at Marvel Animation panel during D23, it was like I brought a hooker to a church.

My point is, it was like this taboo topic. So what's the problem here? We got Future Avengers on Disney+ at least.

Why is it that Marvel almost never talks about these shows? Are they embarrassed by them? Do they not want people to know they exist?

Granted, I don't think these shows are all time classic, but if dubs are available, fans should be able to watch them.

Also, you have Deadpool interacting with the Avengers. I think this is a good template for how you can have Deadpool in the greater MCU. Obviously you can be a bit edgier in a PG-13 movie, but it would hardly be impossible.

Just have Deadpool make meta jokes and start self-censoring himself. The other characters won't understand what he's talking about.
Marvel seems to be weird sometimes about what they want people to acknowledge and what they don't sometimes. My line of thinking is yeah, why not have it there? If you're gonna put Avengers United They Stand on there for archival purposes, there's no reason why you can't have Disc Wars. Not every of these cartoons was Shakespeare but it's part of the history.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts