"Marvel's Future Avengers" Anime Series News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

River26

From Anime News Network:
Marvel announced on Monday that it is creating a new television anime series titled Marvel Future Avengers. The new series will air on the BS (broadcast satellite) channel Dlife this summer, and will be intended for a young male audience.
The anime will follow Makoto, a young boy who gains superpowers due to an evil gene manipulation experiment. Makoto and other youths join the Avengers as apprentices named "Future Avengers." The anime will show Makoto and others as they train, fight villains and grow, under Avengers members Iron Man, Captain America, Hulk, Thor, and Wasp.
Additionally, Teruaki Mizuno (Kyōryū Taisen Dinobout, Metallica Metalluca) is drawing a manga version that will debut in Shogakukan's Bessatsu Coro Coro Comics Special magazine's April issue, which ships on Tuesday.

Like with Disk Wars, Future Avengers also focuses on an original character's adventures. Which a pool of Avengers aids them on their journey.
7a2f51ca4234edef4f20a497f76a12bc.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Anime News Network also has some details:
The anime will follow Makoto, a young boy who gains superpowers due to an evil gene manipulation experiment. Makoto and other youths join the Avengers as apprentices named "Future Avengers." The anime will show Makoto and others as they train, fight villains and grow, under Avengers members Iron Man, Captain America, Hulk, Thor, and Wasp.
Additionally, Teruaki Mizuno (Kyōryū Taisen Dinobout, Metallica Metalluca) is drawing a manga version that will debut in Shogakukan's Bessatsu Coro Coro Comics Special magazine's April issue, which ships on Tuesday.

I edited this in the opening post as well to add a source.

Frontier

Staff member
Was this just announced?

Edit:

Some informative links
http://comicbook.com/marvel/2017/02/27/marvel-future-avengers/
http://www.newsarama.com/33325-marvel-future-avengers-animated-series-coming-soon.html

Do you guys think this one might actually make it to America this time?

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk
Yeah, I'm really curious to see if this actually makes it here to America when Disk Wars didn't (despite having a ready English dub) o_O.

It seems like it's still a Toei co-production and a similar format to Disk Wars, right down to the same five Avengers paring with kids, only a little less toyetic. Interested to see more from this...

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Two things I find interesting about this:
- It doesn't seem to have a gimmick (like "Disk Wars" had well, disks).
- Spider-Man isn't in the main line-up.

I wasn't a big fan of "Disk Wars", though to be fair I haven't watched the entire show either. I remember seeing the first few episodes and I thought it was kind of neat but I dropped it eventually.

I will give this new show a chance, once it comes out. It would be nice if it was officially released in other countries (or at least the US).

Last edited:

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
And we still dont have Disk Wars on American soil. Ugh.

Still, this one sounds like an improvement. While I've heard good things about Disk Wars, the disk gimmick didn't sound great, but having a show where the Avengers mentor younger kids with powers sounds a lot better conventionally. Also always glad to see more Wasp.

I wonder if this show will take place in the same continuity as Disk Wars.

spyke

I still want to see that dub of Disk Wars :sweat:.

Me to. Has the English dub been released over seas? If it has, I'm surprised that it hasn't leaked online like so many other English language animated TV series that have aired in foreign markets. I think that Marvel might eventually air the English dub on either their website or on their youtube channel.

TFormersMarvel

Me to. Has the English dub been released over seas? If it has, I'm surprised that it hasn't leaked online like so many other English language animated TV series that have aired in foreign markets. I think that Marvel might eventually air the English dub on either their website or on their youtube channel.

According to this ad compilation and preview clip, the English dub was released overseas (within Asian markets, most likely) at some point:

Though I'm not sure if they dubbed through all the episodes.

Does anyone figure that this series is loosely connected to Disk Wars? Wasp's design is eerily familiar to that show's version, yet Cap and Thor's outfits are less "robustly anime" with layered armor.

TFormersMarvel

I also still really want to know the English dub cast...to satisfy my curiosity, if nothing else.
Sidetracking to Disk Wars for a bit, but tons of speculation from the Behind The Voices site revealed some vague facts regarding the English Dub (which only aired in Malaysia, which spurred up a possible government/legal interference regarding credits).

Such as:

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
I do like how Disk Wars went the extra mile to get some voice actors to reprise their roles from EMH. Hopefully, if this new show gets a dub, they manage to do that again.

Frontier

Staff member
Sidetracking to Disk Wars for a bit, but tons of speculation from the Behind The Voices site revealed some vague facts regarding the English Dub (which only aired in Malaysia, which spurred up a possible government/legal interference regarding credits).

Such as:
Oh wow, thank you so much for posting this! Not knowing who was in the Disk Wars dub has been driving me crazy ever since we learned one was produced, but nice to finally have a better idea of who all was in it and who they voiced :D.

It's pretty awesome that they were able to get so many EMH vets to reprise their roles for this show, and even some Wolverine and the X-Men vets (with Yuri Lowenthal as Iceman). It's kind of depressing that we missed out on a chance to hear Colleen O'Shaughnessy and Wally Wingert reprising Wasp and Giant-Man though :(.

Jason Spisak as Deadpool? I need to hear this :p.

I could actually see Robbie Daymond as a solid Spidey. Whoever it was sounded pretty good (and better then Bell) in that one clip we saw :).

I wonder if Blum reprised Red Skull on-top of, obviously, Wolverine? Either that or they may have gotten Liam O'Brien back...

Pretty star-studded dub cast from the looks of it, one I'm disappointed we never got the chance to hear, as I'm sure Mary Elizabeth McGlynn did a great job on voice direction. Maybe someday ;)?

Jon T

Friendless Spidey
Yes, that's some good detective work on the English voices for Disk Wars! It's amazing that Marvel went to the trouble of being so consistent with EMH with many of the cast - all for a dub that was seemingly destined to never play in the West. I would have thought that for a dub that was only going to play in South East Asia, there wouldn't have been the same care and attention given to the series' casting.

I wonder if there were plans to actually bring Disk Wars over at some point, before it may have been decided otherwise? The "Fox ban" appears to be partially in effect in Disk Wars, since although the X-Men show up, the Fantastic Four and Dr. Doom are notable by their absence. Either way, it's strange to think that a whole animated series Marvel invested in, with 52 episodes and an English dub, has been buried in such a fashion.

It would be really nice to think the same won't happen with Future Avengers, but I'm not holding my breath.

Dudley

Staff member
I thought Disk Wars didn't come to the States because of a conflict in exclusive toy rights. Bandai handles them in Japan, while Hasbro does in America. That's what I heard anyway. I wouldn't be surprised if this is why this new series is getting made.
Anyhoo, even though I enjoyed Disk Wars at first, I pretty much fell out of it halfway through. I do enjoy the novelty of seeing American superheroes having an anime, so I'll definitely check out this new series.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spyke

Hopefully this will air in North America also. the previous anime show DIsk Wars why has that not aired in North America, any reasons?

Probably because DISK WARS, despite the generic toy driven premise, is a much better written,drawn,and animated show than AVENGERS ASSEMBLE is.

Frontier

Staff member
The series is set to have it's world premiere on July 22.

Additionally, the cast and staff for the production have been revealed.

Cast:
The VA's for The Avengers are being retained from Disk Wars.

As for the staff:

Yuzo Sato
(Iron Man, Gokusen, Kaiji) is directing the anime at the studio Madhouse, and Japanese writer Ryuu King (Dragon Ball Super scripts, Marvel Disk Wars: The Avengers) is in charge of the series scripts. Takahiro Umehara (Iron Man, Beyblade, Claymore) is designing the characters.

Key Visual:

1496112108_1_1_ef24c627033cb011cf207e5929aacd3b.jpg

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.

Featured Posts