Marvel's Avengers Assemble "The Ultron Outbreak" Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate and Comment on this Episode!

• Total voters

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Check out Marvel's Avengers Assemble! Special day! Special time - 8:30pm (ET)!

talkback.jpg
Marvel's Avengers Assemble "The Ultron Outbreak"
Episode Premiere Date - April 28th, 2015
The Avengers reunite when Captain America and Iron Man learn to appreciate their differences while trying to save the world from ultimate destruction at the hands of Ultron!

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

TheLemsterPju

It was alright, but admittedly, the Ultron and "Avengers Disassembled" arc ended in disappointment.:crying:

That's one of my main issues with these shows is that they have the potential to go on longer, (including the longest one, the"Hulks in Space" arc in SMASH which could have at the very least been 12-13 episodes.)

Despite Cap and Tony's rivalry being a big deal, it lasted barely two episodes, or three in a sense if the next aired episode is any indication. I assume the "Secret Avengers" episode was supposed to take place before this one, and that only makes it worse because it makes the break up seem even shorter.

As hated as the Civil War storyline in the mainstream comics was, I was at least interested in how this show would have handled it, had the Steve/Tony rivalry lasted the rest of the season.

And I don't see how Ultron could survive this one. Which means no Jocasta, no relationship with Vision, and while very unlikely to begin with, no animated debut Alkhema.

ssj4jw

Ultron really needed a origin story or foreshadowing throughout the series instead of being a last minute villain because the movie is coming out. The Infinity energy was nonexistent as it did nothing for Ulrron which devalues the infinity stones as a whole. Shield got fooled by the same trick twice. And the ending was pretty much the first Avengers movie. In my opinion, EMH Ultron was a far more menacing threat than this one.

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
I liked this version of Ultron. He was more like comic Ultron than movie Ultron, who is basically a Tony Stark analog.

Great line by Iron Man when he says, "Unity isn't about being the same, it's about working together." I guess throwing Ultron into the sun is the best way to beat him. Doubt we've seen the last of him though.

And now Ant-Man joins the team, so we finally get a new member.

strugler

It was okay imo. Not as strong as the first ep of the arc. Writing still feels all over the place. Expected more from wacker.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
I think this was my favorite episode in the arc. I just wish the actual animation was stronger, as always. I still think it dipped to Season 1 levels during this arc but that might just be me.
So... who is Ant-Man, Pym or Lang??

He probably doesn't have an identity outside of the uniform kind of like some of the Super Friends, etc. He's treated like a Pym level genius but his lack of Avengers experience and his fanboyish enthusiasm seems better suited for Scott Lang. The way he refers to Pym Particles feels he's talking in the third person as well. If he's in a third season after the Ant Man movie's release, I think they'll go ahead and reveal him as Scott but they might remain tight lipped for now.

Dustellar

That's really awful... this should be is the first animated series that I see that adds a character/member and we don't know his identity yet... and some wonder why I hate synergy? xD

bigdaddy313

Is this episode supposed to be episode 18 while secret avengers is episode 17?

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
This episode was OK, but I get the feeling the writers thought it was more epic than it actually was.

The Civil War story was pointless here. Resolved way too easily.

Christopher Glennon

Punch Drunk Flounder
Staff member
Reporter
Cap and Tony respecting each other again is all well and good...it is a crisis and they need to work together and all...but how does that resolve anything? Hawkeye can vouch for Stark "being better" and that's it? Just goes to show how petty this whole disagreement actually was. And in the end it didn't matter who went with what team, just as long as they're matched.

It's always fun to see an Ultron battle, and it was cool how he took over Falcon and they had to wrangle all the Ultrons into Ultron Prime and THEN throw him into the sun, but did they have to rip off the ending of the first Avengers movie that blatantly? So is the Infinity Gauntlet just...gone, then?

That's really awful... this should be is the first animated series that I see that adds a character/member and we don't know his identity yet...

I dunno, Robin was always part of the Teen Titans cartoon and, outside some hints, they never gave him a definitive identity.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
The Civil War story was pointless here. Resolved way too easily.
It was, and it took away from what could have been a stronger Ultron arc and a possibly better team breakup arc somewhere down the line.

It's always fun to see an Ultron battle, and it was cool how he took over Falcon and they had to wrangle all the Ultrons into Ultron Prime and THEN throw him into the sun, but did they have to rip off the ending of the first Avengers movie that blatantly?

If they can force a movie reference in, they will. Hulk's Thor punch is pretty much an every episode thing at this point.

So is the Infinity Gauntlet just...gone, then?
Lol, you're supposed to forget about that.

Magmaster12

Master of MAGnets
Staff member
Reporter
Well I'm now convinced Wacker just trolled most of us.

Roxas_Sora

I have a few things to comment about this episode. For me, it was quite a great episode and a good way to end the Ultron's arc. But there are some things bugging me:

+ I don't believe this is the last time we see Ultron. I'm pretty sure he must have left a copy of his software somewhere in "hibernation", unlinked from the other ones, so he can attack again when the Avengers less expect him. I wouldn't be surprise if he uses the body of the Super-Adaptoid again, as his "main body" this time, and even creates an army of Adaptoids.
+ I don't believe we have seen the last of Arsenal either. In fact, I'm quite sure we will see him again, but with a new body that it will eventually become the Vision. Especially considering how Arsenal can contain the power of the Infinity Stones in its body, and Vision has a link with the stones in the movie "Avengers: Age of Ultron".
+ Now that I mention it, the Infinity Stones is still an unsolved topic here. I mean, Ultron drained them with Arsenal's body; and is still weird he didn't used their power to win his arc at any moment. Still, now that Arsenal/Ultron's body has been destroyed, the power of the Infinity Stones must have gone somewhere. I mean, it's impossible that such powerfull artifects are just destroyed without any traces. Something tells me we will see them again.
+ I see a continuity problem around here. Next episode, "Secret Avengers" is supposed to be before or after the last episode of Ultron's arc? I hope everything will be clear this Sunday.
+ So, Ant-Man is now an official member of the Avengers, huh? Now we only need Wasp to be loyal to the founding members of the team. I'm sure he will become Hulk's replacement eventually, when he will left the team to form the "Agents of SMASH".

+ About Hulk, have you noticed his SHIELD's uniform? The pants look like the same ones that Hulk uses in "Agents of SMASH". Something tells me we are close to see the connection of these two series. By the way, it surprised me that Hulk left the Avengers tower, because that means he left his collection of crystal figures behind.
+ I believe we will see more connections to the new Avengers' movie in future episodes. For example, since Stark had to destroy all his tech to purge Ultron out, I believe he will have to retire temporally from the Avengers to reconstruct everything. That means we could see James Rhodes as War Machine/Iron Patriot in the future, as Tony's temporal replacement.
+ I also hope to see more new members of the Avengers. Spider-Man should be counted as an official member too, but in the meantime, I believe we could expect to see Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers), the Wasp, Hercules, Black Panther, Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch.

Well, opinions?

JoeMabbon

Dreadful Child
Ultron's grand plan was just a riff on Skynet/Agent Smith. Not much else to say, though some of the different character designs were nice. I never really liked or cared much for Arsenal, but having him override Ultron at the end was satisfying. I thought it was a pretty clever that the very first step Ultron took wound up being the one that led to his defeat.

Not giving Ultron an origin really hurt this arc. I would've settled for a flashback episode, but nope gotta make this a continuation of the movies, even though the audience won't have any idea where he came from before now. Or maybe its a continuation of Earth's Mightiest Heroes. Oh, well he's super dead, until the writers bring him back. I have this image in my head that there's a floppy disk with "Ultron" scrawled on it in sharpie sitting in an abandoned warehouse somewhere.

Speaking of underdeveloped plot threads, we really could have used an episode focusing on Cap's Avengers before having the team reconcile. Hulk is like a completely different character under Cap's leadership. I'd love to have more insight about that particular change. The reunion didn't feel special since the team was only broken up for little over one episode.

So is the Infinity Gauntlet just...gone, then?

Yes. I knew they were just going to carelessly abandon it, but I'm still very disappointed. I don't have much else to say. Just disappointed.

I dunno, Robin was always part of the Teen Titans cartoon and, outside some hints, they never gave him a definitive identity.

I think Ant-Man is just Pym. Until they bring in Cassie, Wasp, or mention a criminal background, it really doesn't matter, anyway.

Ultron's Undoing: 12
Ant-Man: 8
Discarded/Untold Story Arcs: -10
Everything Else: 20

Final Grade: D

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts