"Marvel's Avengers Assemble" News & Discussion Thread, Part 9 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frontier

Staff member
Hopefully someone can upload the full thing online soon, but I recently saw the last 15 seconds of a commercial that showed both Black Panther and Spiderman battling Vulture, with Robbie Daymond unsurprisingly voicing the web slinger again.
Oh hey, we're finally getting the Spider-Man team-up :D!

Frontier

Staff member
Thank you for the promo @LegoFanXDDC . The Thanksgiving joke cracked me up.
Yep, it's Robbie's Spider-Man alright. He's already getting saved during a team-up (and against a villain he's beaten on his own to boot) :p.

I wonder if this takes place during season 2, or if this pre-Spider-Man being branded a public menace? Because if the former, I think he can probably relate a lot to what Spider-Man is going through...

And is it just me or does the animation quality for the Spider-Man characters look different compared to everyone else :confused:.

LegoFanXDDC

Thank you for the promo @LegoFanXDDC . The Thanksgiving joke cracked me up.
Haha no problem. I also cracked up at the Thanksgiving joke while editing the video and watching the promo on television. I'll be on the lookout for more Marvel's Avengers: Black Panther's Quest-related promos and videos to publish to this news and discussion board. Thanks for the reply. I'm always happy to help the community :anime:

I've recorded a bit of Avengers: Black Panther's Quest on Sunday, here are some of the things I've noticed (that were noticed previously; I just didn't feel the need to post them in the general Disney XD discussion thread, rather the specific thread for Avengers: Black Panther's Quest-related posts). Here I've recorded some of the ad-break bumpers for Black Panther's Quest and while I'd personally prefer it in the 2016 style (which looked more lively in comparison to using stills, which XD does with its shows ad-break bumpers now) I find these to be pretty cool compared to others using its theme.

I've also gotten my hands on the network's NOW-NEXT ID for this show in high quality. Screenshots below. Right after it was DuckTales (2017) apparently, some "Marvel Mania" block they were advertising on DisneyNOW in the fall seasons of October-November (no longer being advertised for some reason).

avengers black panthers quest now id.png

ducktales next.png

Another thing I've always pondered for this network is how come series like Beyblade Burst and Pokemon the Series use station Now-Next IDs for all of its episodes; regardless of season. I'll demonstrate this in a moment. Beyblade Burst, Evolution and Turbo use the season-neutral Now-Next ID designated for Beyblade Burst since 2016, as with Pokemon. I find it interesting how XD doesn't use season-neutral Now-Next IDs for various seasons of Avengers Assemble, Ultimate Spider-Man, or Guardians of the Galaxy, not to mention the absence of season-neutral ad-break bumpers. As seen above with Avengers: Black Panther's Quest, the logo shown on the ID is specific to the season of Avengers Assemble as opposed to the IDs seen during broadcasts of any season of Beyblade Burst (3 seasons currently) or Pokemon (21 seasons currently). Ironically, Beyblade Burst doesn't use season-neutral ad-break bumpers (their bumpers are specific to the season airing), while Pokemon uses season-neutral ad-break bumpers during airings of all their seasons episodes (same action-series bumpers seen during XY, XYZ, Sun and Moon, and Ultra Adventures; current season).

beyblade now.png

pokemon next.png

Sorry if I got a bit off-topic here, I've just noticed that Disney XD is interesting when it comes to series IDs and bumpers. This is not intended to be off-topic or spammy; I've only used imagery from two anime shows that are completely unrelated to MARVEL or Avengers properties since I was trying to convey my point better through the use of analysis.

Recorded on Sunday, December 16th at 9:00-9:30 PM EST during Season 5; Episode 3 of Marvel's Avengers: Black Panther's Quest on Disney XD via the DisneyNOW app (site).

Mod Note: Double Post merged. Please use the Edit button instead of posting multiple times in a row.

Last edited by a moderator:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Here are the log-lines for the episodes set to premiere in January 2019.

Sunday, Jan. 6
Original Series - Episode Premiere on Disney XD
Marvel's Avengers: Black Panther's Quest "Vibranium Curtain Part One"
(9:00-9:30 P.M. EST)
Black Panther devises a plan to get the information he needs, but he isn't the only one with a plan.
TV-Y7 FV

Marvel's Avengers: Black Panther's Quest "Vibranium Curtain Part Two"
(9:30-10:00 P.M. EST)
Captured by his enemies, Black Panther must break out of prison with an unlikely ally.
TV-Y7 FV

Sunday, Jan. 13
Marvel's Avengers: Black Panther's Quest "T'Chanda"
Black Panther discover SECRETS about his grandfather, T'Chanda.
*Mark Hamill ("Star Wars" films) guest stars as Arnim Zola and Hayley Atwell ("Captain America: The Winter Soldier") returns as Peggy Carter.
TV-Y7 FV

Sunday, Jan. 20
Marvel's Avengers: Black Panther's Quest "Yemandi"
Black Panther discovers SECRETS about his ancestor, Yemandi.
TV-Y7 FV

Sunday, Jan. 27
Marvel's Avengers: Black Panther's Quest "Bashenga"
Black Panther discovers SECRETS about his ancestor Bashenga, the founder of Wakanda.
TV-Y7 FV

Frontier

Staff member
Here are the log-lines for the episodes set to premiere in January 2019.

Sunday, Jan. 6
Marvel's Avengers: Black Panther's Quest "Vibranium Curtain Part One"
Black Panther devises a plan to get the information he needs, but he isn't the only one with a plan.
TV-Y7 FV
Well that's a little vague :p.

It sounds like T'Challa tries to find out more about the Shadow Council and the Crown but rans afoul of the Council again...
Marvel's Avengers: Black Panther's Quest "Vibranium Curtain Part Two"
(9:30-10:00 P.M. EST)
Captured by his enemies, Black Panther must break out of prison with an unlikely ally.
TV-Y7 FV
I wonder if "enemies" is the Shadow Council...or the Avengers :ack:?

I wonder if the "unlikely ally" is Hunter? Or M'Baku :eek:?
Sunday, Jan. 13
Marvel's Avengers: Black Panther's Quest "T'Chanda"
Black Panther discover SECRETS about his grandfather, T'Chanda.
*Mark Hamill ("Star Wars" films) guest stars as Arnim Zola and Hayley Atwell ("Captain America: The Winter Soldier") returns as Peggy Carter.
TV-Y7 FV
The start of the time-travel team-ups I see :).

Surprised they didn't mention Stan Lee, since he's supposedly in the episode...
Sunday, Jan. 20
Marvel's Avengers: Black Panther's Quest "Yemandi"
Black Panther discovers SECRETS about his ancestor, Yemandi.
TV-Y7 FV
T'Challa teaming-up with his pirate Black Panther ancestor. Sounds like fun ;).
Sunday, Jan. 27
Marvel's Avengers: Black Panther's Quest "Bashenga"
Black Panther discovers SECRETS about his ancestor Bashenga, the founder of Wakanda.
TV-Y7 FV
I don't think Bashenga has ever been depicted as the actual founder of Wakanda, so it should be interesting to see what they show here :cool:.

Roxas_Sora

The episode where Black Panther work alongside Spider-Man, it could be the first two. And I wonder if Spider-Man will get in troubles with the Avengers by helping Black Panther.

Frontier

Staff member
The episode where Black Panther work alongside Spider-Man, it could be the first two. And I wonder if Spider-Man will get in troubles with the Avengers by helping Black Panther.
I don't know if he'll get in trouble, but he'll probably figure out Black Panther was framed and not as bad as the Avengers are currently spinning him as...

Roxas_Sora

I don't know if he'll get in trouble, but he'll probably figure out Black Panther was framed and not as bad as the Avengers are currently spinning him as...

Probably. After all, Spidey have a long historial about being framed about things he didn't do and having influential individuals (in his case, Jerk Jonah Jameson) turning common people against him.

Frontier

Staff member

LegoFanXDDC

Marvel's Avengers: Black Panther's Quest - New Episode. This Sunday at 9PM EST on Disney XD - On Demand and on the DisneyNOW app.

Recorded on Monday, December 31st, 2018 at 3:30-4:00 AM during Kick Buttowski. Happy New Years everyone :anime:

brodie999

Marvel's Avengers: Black Panther's Quest - New Episode. This Sunday at 9PM EST on Disney XD - On Demand and on the DisneyNOW app.

Recorded on Monday, December 31st, 2018 at 3:30-4:00 AM during Kick Buttowski. Happy New Years everyone :anime:
I understand the hate we're all feeling about Marvel retconning Ultimate Spider-Man out of continuity and replacing the MAU Spider-Man with the one from the new Spider-Man series in Avengers: Black Panther Quest and GOTG: Mission Breakout!, but I feel like if he was redesigned to be more like his MCU counterpart instead of his MSM counterpart, but still having his Earth-12041 history, they wouldn't confuse us with the two versions in two seperate continuities.

I was just saying it'd make more sense than pointlessly rebooting Ultimate Spider-Man with the new series from scratch in the Marvel Animated Universe.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts