"Marvel's Avengers Assemble" News & Discussion Thread, Part 9 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frontier

Staff member
So looking at all the news we have now:

- Sounds like we'll be getting some espionage and conflict with Panther and the Avengers this season :eek:.

- I'm looking forward to seeing how they expand on the history of Wakanda, and an episode focused on past Black Panthers sounds amazing :D.

- "Shuri is in the battlefield while Black Panther is behind the computers," I get that's what they're going for, but shouldn't that be kinda reversed o_O?

- "This season, an old foe… returned and actually infiltrated Wakanda,” I'm guessing he means Klaw :evil:.

- The Shadow Council sounds pretty good with Baron Zemo, a proper Madame Masque (I assume), as well as proper Black Panther rogues Killmonger and M'Baku :cool:.

- Looks like I was spot-on about the Lego VA's carrying over to the series as far as Killmonger and Klaw. Next thing y'know we'll see Yvette Nicole Brown pop up as Okoye :p.

- Killmonger hailing from Atlantis is an interesting twist on the character, although I'm guessing that means they're going to still ignore Namor :sweat:?

- Atlantis as the MAU's "Soviet Union" equivalent kind of seems like it's meant to be a stand-in for Latveria since it's off-limits :shrug:.

- It's cool to have Scott Porter in a Marvel cartoon again, and White Wolf should be a really interesting role for him. I'm curious if he'll actually be playing the Hunter White Wolf from the comics or perhaps playing Bucky as White Wolf since he played him in the Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite game? Although that would make him the third VA or Bucky on this show :confused:.

- Does it really take both Black Panther and his sister that much effort to take out Tiger Shark? I mean, I know he's probably one of Namor's deadlier enemies, but it's still Tiger Shark. Oh, but Matthew Mercer voicing him is cool ;).

- I'm not surprised that Hawkeye is getting a "juicy" story this season since the showrunner is a big fan of the character. I'm guessing it might be related to Madame Masque since Clint interacted with her as Whitney last season in a one-off episode. I wonder if that also indicates he might be the Avenger who dies :ack:?

- Speaking of, an Avenger dying certainly means "serious business" for this cartoon, though I'm not sure which character they'd be willing to kill off. I guess it would have to be one of the older members of the team and someone who probably won't have a movie coming out in the foreseeable future. Although, this being the MAU, I doubt that Avenger will stay dead as far as guest appearances in other cartoons are concerned :rolleyes2:.

- I thought all the Vibranium in Marvel's Spider-Man would eventually lead to an appearance from Black Panther, though now it looks like it's going to be the other way around as Spidey guest-stars on Panther's show. I guess this and the Marvel VR game cover the two reprisals Robbie Daymond did in March :).

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
I had a feeling more of the "old" Avengers would still show up (like Captain Marvel, though I expect more to appear occasionally). The focus will be on T'Challa and Shuri but most of the Avengers should still play a role somewhere in all of this.

It's pretty neat if they'll follow up on the Madame Masque story. I thought it was kind of a missed opportunity last time having the character (and even her voice actress from the live-action show) but not using her alter ego. Now it would be even better if they added Agent Carter herself to that story (and I think Carter will show up this Season).

The Shadow Council sounds pretty cool. And it's nice they're bringing in some new villains to the show. But yeah, the Atlantis angle sounds kind of weird. I wonder if Attuma would still be involved. Namor's absence will only be more noticeable.

I think they teased an Avenger would die in the last Season as well (or on Ultron Revolution). I don't expect it to happen, or if it does, to last very long (unless the show ends before they find a way to bring him back to life :p).

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
SyFy Wire had an interview with James Mathis III and Daisy Lightfoot.

It's mentioned that we will see T'Challa interact with his family. It's a shame that we really haven't seen anything from the Avengers personal lives in this show. They've been 24 hour superheroes, sort of like SuperFriends. Well, I guess we did see Natasha taking side missions for SHIELD, Tony and Cap dealing with time displaced loved ones and Sam's mom checking up on him (probably due to him being a minor) but it's still a little sad that the show that will end as Marvel's longest running wasn't able to make more time for that kind of world building and character exploration.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
I had a feeling more of the "old" Avengers would still show up (like Captain Marvel, though I expect more to appear occasionally). The focus will be on T'Challa and Shuri but most of the Avengers should still play a role somewhere in all of this.
So should we look at the Avengers as the show's "supporting cast," rather then having them use Black Panther's actual supporting cast :sweat:?
It's pretty neat if they'll follow up on the Madame Masque story. I thought it was kind of a missed opportunity last time having the character (and even her voice actress from the live-action show) but not using her alter ego. Now it would be even better if they added Agent Carter herself to that story (and I think Carter will show up this Season).
I'm wondering if they're going to lift Iron Man and Madame Masque's dynamic to give it to Hawkeye...although it'd kind of weird to have Madame Masque and she doesn't end up interacting with Tony at all :sweat:.
I think they teased an Avenger would die in the last Season as well (or on Ultron Revolution). I don't expect it to happen, or if it does, to last very long (unless the show ends before they find a way to bring him back to life :p).
Well, I hope the "death" this season is more significant or accurate then what happened to Iron Man at the end of Ultron Revolution :shrug:.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
When I thought of an Avenger dying, my mind immediately went to Vision. They would have no problem blowing that poor android up.

It hadn't even clicked with me that the Madame Masque that would be featured would be the same scientist Hawkeye protected. I knew who she was but outside of seeing her wear a mask while experimenting, I didn't think she'd eventually go full on Madame Masque. I enjoyed the way they interacted, and it seemed as though Clint's determination to keep her safe had a positive effect on her but it probably wasn't enough to stop her from going further down the past. This could make for a very interesting story if they do it right.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
August 4th:
LA Times has an article about James Mathis III voicing Black Panther.

August 21st:
The September Highlights have details about the first 3 episodes of the Season.

Sunday, Sept. 23
Original Series - Series Premiere on Disney XD
Marvel's Avengers: Black Panther's Quest "Shadow of Atlantis, Part One"
(9:00 - 9:30 P.M. EST)
Black Panther and the Avengers must defend New York City from an invasion of monsters.
TV-Y7 FV

Original Series - Episode Premiere on Disney XD
Marvel's Avengers: Black Panther's Quest "Shadow of Atlantis, Part Two"
(9:30 - 10:00 P.M. EST)
Black Panther and the Avengers battle to stop the invasion of New York.
TV-Y7 FV

Sunday, Sept. 30
Marvel's Avengers: Black Panther's Quest "Into the Deep"
Black Panther and his sister Shuri undertake a dangerous mission to sneak into the undersea kingdom of Atlantis.
TV-Y7 FV

Last edited:

SweetShop209

Sunday at 9pm? Well that pretty much says, "You're finished. Go out the front door."

Frontier

Staff member
August 4th:
LA Times has an article about James Mathis III voicing Black Panther.

August 21st:
The September Highlights have details about the first 3 episodes of the Season.

Sunday, Sept. 23
Original Series - Series Premiere on Disney XD
Marvel's Avengers: Black Panther's Quest "Shadow of Atlantis, Part One"
Black Panther and the Avengers must defend New York City from an invasion of monsters.
TV-Y7 FV

Marvel's Avengers: Black Panther's Quest "Shadow of Atlantis, Part Two"
(9:30 - 10:00 P.M. EST)
Black Panther and the Avengers battle to stop the invasion of New York.
TV-Y7 FV

Sunday, Sept. 30
Marvel's Avengers: Black Panther's Quest "Into the Deep"
Black Panther and his sister Shuri undertake a dangerous mission to sneak into the undersea kingdom of Atlantis.
TV-Y7 FV
A late night Sunday premier? That's...a little different :sweat:.

Sounds like the series beings with an invasion from Altantis, which eventually culminates in T'Challa and Shuri sneaking into Atlantis and likely discovering Killmonger :ack:.

Marvel/DCfan

It would be so weird to have all these Atlantis episodes with no appearance from Namor

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
You'd think that they some other programming on the network preventing them airing the episodes in a more reasonable timeslot. I guess it doesn't matter when I'll most likely watch it on DisneyNow anyway but I am also an adult and a 9:30pm airing wouldn't affect me either way.
It's too bad that premieres and events like this aren't a major source of excitement for kids anymore.

Frontier

Staff member
It would be so weird to have all these Atlantis episodes with no appearance from Namor
It was weird enough when the only major Atlanten we had for a while was Attuma :sweat:.
You'd think that they some other programming on the network preventing them airing the episodes in a more reasonable timeslot. I guess it doesn't matter when I'll most likely watch it on DisneyNow anyway but I am also an adult and a 9:30pm airing wouldn't affect me either way.
It's too bad that premieres and events like this aren't a major source of excitement for kids anymore.
I actually kind of wonder how kids view the current Marvel cartoons these days.

I mean, Ultimate did pretty well when it was on Netflix (which was why season 4 got greenlit), and they repeat it and Marvel's Spider-Man a lot, but that's also Spider-Man we're talking about.

SweetShop209

Well, many of the most successful shows on the three main Disney networks either focus on /star a group of kid/teenage/young adult characters (or those who have that mentality). Both Ultimate Spiderman and MarvelsSpiderMan have teenagers in the lead, hence why they get more reruns over the Avengers or Guardians, both of which star much older adults.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
I wonder if airing the show so late at night could be a sign the writing and stuff featured this Season will be more mature than what we had before. I doubt it but who knows.

It's also kind of funny how inhabitants of Atlantis will be villains, and this is airing somewhat close to the release of Aquaman.

Frontier

Staff member
I wonder if airing the show so late at night could be a sign the writing and stuff featured this Season will be more mature than what we had before. I doubt it but who knows.
That's an interesting thought, although I don't expect this show will be much more mature compared to, say, Star Wars Rebels which XD never premiered that late :sweat:.
It's also kind of funny how inhabitants of Atlantis will be villains, and this is airing somewhat close to the release of Aquaman.
Now if only we had Namor showing up :p.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts