"Marvel's Avengers Assemble" News & Discussion Thread, Part 9 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Marvel has an interview with Stan Lee and Mark Hamill about the 5th Season.

“Marvel’s Avengers: Black Panther’s Quest,” the next season of the “Avengers” animated series, debuts this fall and it will feature guest appearances by two truly legendary and beloved figures in pop culture history – none other than Mark Hamill and Stan Lee! Hamill will be reprising his role from earlier seasons as the villainous Arnim Zola, while Lee will be providing one of his famous cameos.
During a visit to a voice record session for “Marvel’s Avengers: Black Panther’s Quest,” Hamill and Lee sat down with Marvel HQ for a conversation about Marvel heroes and villains, their approach to voice acting and much more! You can check out the video at the top of the page to hear what “Star Wars” icon Hamill, who’s had a long and acclaimed career doing voice over roles in animation, and Stan “The Man” himself, who co-created so many beloved Marvel characters, had to say!
Don’t miss Mark Hamill and Stan Lee in “Marvel’s Avengers: Black Panther’s Quest,” coming this fall to Disney XD!
In “Marvel’s Avengers: Black Panther’s Quest,” the Black Panther must decide his loyalties. Is he an Avenger first or King of Wakanda? As the mysterious Shadow Council rises to challenge Wakanda, T’Challa teams up with his sister Shuri to go on missions that no other Avenger can. It’s a globe-trotting journey of espionage and mystery as old foes resurface and new friends are made. In the end, Black Panther must balance defending his home and stopping threats before they start. Is he a sword or a shield? Only he can decide.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Going by Stan Lee's line during recording around the 5:46 minutes mark, it sounds like we'll see a certain "Agent Carter"...

Frontier

Staff member
Going by Stan Lee's line during recording around the 5:46 minutes mark, it sounds like we'll see a certain "Agent Carter"...
Another time travel episode where we get to see Stan Lee as that general he was in First Avenger :p?

I'd be pretty surprised if they used Sharon/Agent 13, if I'm honest.

TheLemsterPju

Hydra is on it's last legs (or heads I should say), since season three. (Remember that line from "Seeing Double" about Hydra's numbers dwindling?)

Wiping out Hydra and it's leaders this season, whether it be by the heroes or the "Shadow Council", would be a game changer.

Frontier

Staff member
Hydra is on it's last legs (or heads I should say), since season three. (Remember that line from "Seeing Double" about Hydra's numbers dwindling?)

Wiping out Hydra and it's leaders this season, whether it be by the heroes or the "Shadow Council", would be a game changer.
I'm not sure if there's a concerted efforts on the writers part to build up to the end of Hydra, anymore then them establishing there are different Hydra heads in Marvel's Spider-Man was deliberately meant to explain the constant varying leadership of Hydra, though I wouldn't be surprised if members of Hydra are part of the "Shadow Council."

EDIT 07/09: Geoffrey Thorne, head writer and showrunner for Black Panther's Quest, has commented on the show.

If you think you know what to expect, I promise you, you don't. this season is NOTHING like anything Marvel's Avengers has ever tried before. It's not the movie. it's not the comic. it's its own thing.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
If true, I'm kind of glad they won't be trying to copy the movies as much next Season. I think just using the characters in some new, possibly surprising ways would be an improvement. Granted I don't think they could have dragged out plot points from the Black Panther movie over 13 episodes in the first place, but this announcement is pretty nice regardless.

Frontier

Staff member
If true, I'm kind of glad they won't be trying to copy the movies as much next Season. I think just using the characters in some new, possibly surprising ways would be an improvement. Granted I don't think they could have dragged out plot points from the Black Panther movie over 13 episodes in the first place, but this announcement is pretty nice regardless.
I think the cartoons are usually at their strongest when they're not so beholden to what the movies are doing, so I think this show going in a different and unique direction is definitely a positive step for it :).

TheLemsterPju

Janet van Dyne in her Earth's Mightiest Heroes design appeared in a Avengers Assemble tie-in comic I bought today. (Marvel Heroes Magazine #34)
qvTYA58.png

Ff2iufm.png

She's featured through-out it, but I'm not going to post the whole thing for obvious reasons.

Frontier

Staff member
The art style looks like it's in-between the old Avengers Assemble art style and Marvel's Spider-Man. I'm not sure how I feel about it other then that it looks at least...somewhat solid :confused:?

Oh hey, the Marvel's Spider-Man version of Kraven! Only he looks really out-of-shape :sweat:.

Y'know, the Marvel's Spider-Man version of Kraven was much more physically capable then this version seems to be. He certainly didn't rely so much on his drones o_O.

Black Panther continues to dominate :p.

And here's a promo image featuring who I assume are Killmonger and White Wolf:

MAA_S5_key-art_comp_r3-1-720x1049.jpg

spyke

July 16th:
Seeing Jan there kind of reminds me of when they used the Avengers: EMH designs for that flashback segment back in "Molecule Kid".

July 17th:
IGN has a sneak peek.

Now that looked good. The art and animation (especially the colors and use of shadows) is a HUGE improvement over the art and animation of AVENGERS ASSEMBLES. Speaking of the previous seasons of AA, is this a reboot or a continuation of AA?

Frontier

Staff member
I guess if Kraven's appearance here confirms one thing, it's that the Marvel's Spider-Man versions of Spider-Man characters will now be the de-facto versions as far as the cartoons are concerned :).

It makes me wonder if we'll see Robbie Daymond's Spider-Man pop up for an appearance...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts