"Marvel's Avengers Assemble" News & Discussion Thread, Part 9 (Spoilers)

Latest News

SweetShop209

Jan 5, 2014
Ratings
2,511 8
1. I looked more into the show's schedule. The show now has weekday reruns at 9:30 am full time, though only for season 5 episodes so far. It still only has one 9pm slot on weekends.

Calendar | Disney XD Press

2. Okay, this is just low.

October 7
Milo Murphy's Law: 423,000 (0.09)
Star Wars Resistance (Series Premiere): 336,000 (0.08)
DIsney XD
Avengers: Black Panther's Quest: 90,000 (0.02)

Last edited:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
Ratings
7,772 6
A Valid Location
Since I don't usually keep track of the ratings for the shows... have they ever reported a rating lower than that for Avengers (or any of the other Marvel shows) this year?

It's kind of a shame, this Season seems to be a lot more well received as well. I guess airing so late at night would be a disadvantage, but still.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,436 46
Sherman Oaks CA
Since I don't usually keep track of the ratings for the shows... have they ever reported a rating lower than that for Avengers (or any of the other Marvel shows) this year?

It's kind of a shame, this Season seems to be a lot more well received as well. I guess airing so late at night would be a disadvantage, but still.
I remember the Guardians ratings being particularly low (especially compared to Star Wars: Rebels) :sweat:.

spyke

Feb 11, 2002
Ratings
422 1 1
Visit site

Sadly, this might be a case of "to little, to late". People might have given up on this show after being disappointed by the previous seasons and may have never even given this series a chance. Also, the later time slot might have also contributed to the shows dip in ratings. Darn shame, since the show is finally very good and watchable.

TheLemsterPju

Jan 17, 2015
Ratings
1,538 10
Blame poor advertising and an inconsistent schedule. Even Star Wars Resistance got big ratings because it came hot off the heels of Rebels.

Marvel shows are constantly interchanged and sometimes air for a few months and are gone for about a year or 6 months. There's always a long gap until one show returns.

It's also over-saturated, and yeah, I even think most fans can't keep up with it all. It's too much content. I've seen numerous folks confused what season they're currently on or if the season is over. There's just a mass misunderstanding of when these shows are airing.

These shows do extremely well digitally, I don't know why Disney didn't just wait and making this a streaming service show if Disney XD is half-dead at this point.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,436 46
Sherman Oaks CA
It's also over-saturated, and yeah, I even think most fans can't keep up with it all. It's too much content. I've seen numerous folks confused what season they're currently on or if the season is over. There's just a mass misunderstanding of when these shows are airing.
I can understand people being confused with how many times this show has been re-branded and shifted focus as it's gone on for so long.

Then again Ultimate Spider-Man went through the same thing and it didn't seem to hurt it that much, but that may have been because it had Spider-Man going for it.

I'd actually be curious to see how Assemble's ratings in it's first two seasons compared to EMH.
These shows do extremely well digitally, I don't know why Disney didn't just wait and making this a streaming service show if Disney XD is half-dead at this point.
Do we have the digital numbers? The only time I think we conclusively had an indication the Marvel cartoons do better digitally is that Ultimate doing well on Netflix is what netted it a fourth season.

Although probably the reason they're still airing this on TV is because it's the last season of Assemble.
Log-line for this week's episode, "The Zemo Sanction".

And Zap2It also lists 2 new episode titles for November.
The Night Has Wings 11/04/2018
Mask of the Panther 11/11/2018

EDIT:
Here's a preview clip from this week's episode.
Not really crazy about Zemo's redesign. His old look was much sleeker and what's with those weird mouth holes o_O?

Although him being over his father by this point is on-point with his character development in past seasons :ack:.

David Kaye's Zemo sounds a lot more disgruntled then he did in past seasons, but maybe that's just because of his situation :confused:.

Yeah, never underestimate the Black Panther :eek:.

TheLemsterPju

Jan 17, 2015
Ratings
1,538 10
I can understand people being confused with how many times this show has been re-branded and shifted focus as it's gone on for so long.

Then again Ultimate Spider-Man went through the same thing and it didn't seem to hurt it that much, but that may have been because it had Spider-Man going for it.

I'd actually be curious to see how Assemble's ratings in it's first two seasons compared to EMH.

Do we have the digital numbers? The only time I think we conclusively had an indication the Marvel cartoons do better digitally is that Ultimate doing well on Netflix is what netted it a fourth season.

Although probably the reason they're still airing this on TV is because it's the last season of Assemble.
I was referring to the viewership the Marvel HQ got when uploading full episodes; the popularity of the YouTube channel as a whole (and certain "other" places that have full episodes of the shows which get a lot of viewers).

LIVE ratings on TV, however, are going to suffer because of the inconvenient scheduling. I think it's just too easy to assume a "majority" of people just "lost interest".

So he went from glorifying his father, to hating him and wanting to be better than him, to now completely disowning him and wanting to destroy everything his father built.

That's actually a consistent character progression IMO. Realistic, it makes the most sense out of any change in personality/goals these characters have had.

Last edited:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
Ratings
7,772 6
A Valid Location
Zap2It has updated and now we have all the episode titles scheduled for November. Log-lines should be available in due time.

The Good Son 11/18/2018
The Lost Temple 11/25/2018

I presume there will be two more episodes (maybe a 2-part story) in early December, then the show will take a break.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,436 46
Sherman Oaks CA
Zap2It has updated and now we have all the episode titles scheduled for November. Log-lines should be available in due time.

The Good Son 11/18/2018
The Lost Temple 11/25/2018

I presume there will be two more episodes (maybe a 2-part story) in early December, then the show will take a break.
"The Night Has Wings" makes me think Nightwing is going to show up :p.

"Mask of the Panther" and "The Good Son" sound like they'll deal with the Panther lineage and T'Chaka :).

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Feb 27, 2008
Ratings
2,385 4
177A Bleecker Street
Crossbones may want to reconsider his odds—because Black Panther and the Dora Milaje clearly show that having a number advantage doesn't always make victory certain.
New preview

I love that last line.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,436 46
Sherman Oaks CA
Log-line for this week's episode, via Zap2It.
Fitting that an Inhumans-focused episode would bring back Ms. Marvel :).

New preview

I love that last line.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I think Crossbones has to be the most redesigned character in Marvel animation :p.

Well, thank goodness Hydra brought robots to invade Wakanda. I'd rather not think about what they'd do if those had been actual soldiers :ack:.

It's nice to see the Doras in action, although I wonder if Okoye will turn up...

That line at the end was classic Panther ;).

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

Poor Craig. How old is he anyway?!
9.4 x 1.8
= (94 x 0.1) x (18 x 0.1)
= 94 x 18 x 0.1 x 0.1

94 x 10 = 940
94 x 8 = (90 x 8) + (4 x 8) = 720 + 32 = 752
94 x 18 = 940 + 752 = 1692

9.4 x 1.8
= 1692 x 0.1 x 0.1
= 169.2 x 0.1
= 16.92
Stephanie Sheh voicing Izzy Park the same way she does Sailor Moon has me considering the chance of Nazneen Contractor dubbing some "Sailor Moon" episodes I currently dont plan to buy.
Watched the newest Halloween yesterday
I can’t express my unpopular opinions without someone yelling or disagreeing at me why I’m a monster for thinking that way (liking adult animation, SpongeBob’s new episodes are inferior, etc.)
If you have Starz Encore Family (Not Kids & Family, but Family...) 1 hour as of this post, they'll be playing "Inspector Gadget Saves Christmas" and "Sonic Christmas Blast". (3:19pm-4:06pm EST) Both will play again at some point.