"Marvel's Avengers Assemble" News & Discussion Thread, Part 8 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
April 1st:
From Comic Book Revolution's coverage of the Marvel Animation panel at Wonder Con:

The panel then shifts gears to talk about Avengers: Secret War. Image shows Captain Marvel, Ms. Marvel, Ant-Man, Wasp, Black Panther and Vision as the New Avengers for the season.
Panel talks about how nice it is to write the New Avengers as they are different from the core seven Avengers they’ve written up to this point. They speak on how they are going to focus on the individual New Avengers and how they mix together in different pairings for their stories during Secret War.
They then move to a clip for the new season. In the clip Captain America is shown having a night out with a young Peggy Carter in the present. As they walk Captain America is attacked by Kang. Peggy grabs Cap’s shield and bashes Kang over the head with it. She speaks on how upset she is that Kang ruined her date with Cap, since it’s their first reunion. Two different versions of Iron Man fly in to help fight Kang. Peggy gets the last blow on Kang at the conclusion of the fight.
Hailey Atwell will return to voice as Peggy. They reveal that Peggy is brought from the past to the present along with Howard Stark, who is the person wearing the one of the Iron Man armors.

Story ideas for episodes that were cut from production:

Wolf was looking to do a Baron Zemo story involving all 13 generations of the character to work as a Zemo team. They ended up only using one Zemo.
Son wanted to use Red Ronin story that would’ve been a personal story for Black Widow that the other Avengers would get involved.

April 5th:
More stuff from Wacker's Tumblr:

Question
Any plans for the original Captain Marvel to show up (Mar-Vell)?
Answer
Nope. Afraid not.
Question
Who's bright idea was it to make it seem like Medusa didn't know how bad the Terrigen Mists were affecting the Mutants?? Like, how did she not know the cloud was killing of the mutants when everyone else did? Doesn't make much sense whatsoever
Answer
In that case, it was Brevoort’s.
Question
Doctor Doom in Season 4 of AA?
Answer
No plans.

Magmaster12

Master of MAGnets
Staff member
Reporter
Why would someone ask a random comic specific question?

Frontier

Staff member
Most likely either a movie version of Zemo or Kang.
Well, Zemo seemed set to become a good guy in his last appearance, so I doubt he's just going to jump back into being a villain again unless they plan out a major arc for him (which I doubt) o_O.

We know Kang is going to show up in the Peggy Carter episode, but it sounds like that might be a one-off episode, and this version of Kang doesn't strike me as the type to carry a season as the main villain unless he really upgrades himself since the last we saw of him :shrug:.

They could just use the Beyonder or the Beyonders race as the main villains. I'd be curious to see what their take on them would be like compared to the comics :ack:.

Capt.Traphouse

Sexiest Thing Since Sex
Well, Zemo seemed set to become a good guy in his last appearance, so I doubt he's just going to jump back into being a villain again unless they plan out a major arc for him (which I doubt) o_O.

We know Kang is going to show up in the Peggy Carter episode, but it sounds like that might be a one-off episode, and this version of Kang doesn't strike me as the type to carry a season as the main villain unless he really upgrades himself since the last we saw of him :shrug:.

They could just use the Beyonder or the Beyonders race as the main villains. I'd be curious to see what their take on them would be like compared to the comics :ack:.
Episode was literally. "Zemo you've committed numerous acts of terrorism and tried to kill us multiple times but your dad hurt your feelings so we forgive you."

Frontier

Staff member
Episode was literally. "Zemo you've committed numerous acts of terrorism and tried to kill us multiple times but your dad hurt your feelings so we forgive you."
Isn't redemption great :p?

Though, as I've said before, the real disappointing part about it is that Zemo was probably the strongest villain the show's ever had and then they had him turn away from villainy in his fourth appearance :sad:.

Capt.Traphouse

Sexiest Thing Since Sex
Isn't redemption great :p?

Though, as I've said before, the real disappointing part about it is that Zemo was probably the strongest villain the show's ever had and then they had him turn away from villainy in his fourth appearance :sad:.
Agreed 200%. Zemo was this show's most interesting villain. He was hammy but dynamic and intelligent. He consistently outfought Black Widow and he one of the few characters that was a threat on this show. I hope they bring him back.

Greg91

Reporter
That's what I thought since the season is subtitled Secret Wars.
That's true (besides Dr. Doom in season one perhaps), but I feel like I'd prefer they used the character well in his few appearances rather than feel overused or poorly utilized. Anyway, perhaps we can see some new enemies or returning foes like Yelena Belova, Mandarin, Ghost, Winter Soldier, Enchantress, etc.

Frontier

Staff member
That's what I thought since the season is subtitled Secret Wars.

That's true (besides Dr. Doom in season one perhaps), but I feel like I'd prefer they used the character well in his few appearances rather than feel overused or poorly utilized. Anyway, perhaps we can see some new enemies or returning foes like Yelena Belova, Mandarin, Ghost, Winter Soldier, Enchantress, etc.
Maybe there's something to be said for how cycling through major villains after small arcs might work better then having just one, overbearing, overarching villain for an entire season :ack:.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Some new answers from Wacker's Tumblr:

Question
What happened to the Winter Soldier in AA?
Answer
Wait and see.
Question
So, with ISO, Haeichi, Flint, and other Inhumans showing up in Avengers show...what's the possibility of Lash appearing? And more specifically, would Balloon Head Kacy be his henchman?
Answer
A Balloon Head Kacy appearance needs to happen!
Question
Will Avengers Assemble ever have an episode with just the Big Three? I think that would be interesting.
Answer
We must have done that at some point, no?
Question is always…who do you consider the big three?
Question
now that tony stark living in another dimension , who going be new ceo of Stark Industries ?
Answer
Still to be determined.
Question
What are the chances of an Iron Man and Cap hug in season 4 of Avengers Assemble?
Answer
You can’t see me, but I’m backing away slowly.
Question
Any plans for the Young Avengers?
Answer
Not currently, but they aren’t forgotten.
Question
Mr. Wacker will we get to see a classic Captain Marvel villain in Avengers Secret Wars?
Answer
Yes. Though keep in mind that I consider Carol Danvers the “classic Captain Marvel.”

Frontier

Staff member
Some new answers from Wacker's Tumblr:
I was wondering if we would ever see Winter Soldier again after Bucky was relegated to just a flashback in Ultron Revolution and Steve seemed to forget him when calling Tony his "best friend I've ever had" in the finale :sweat:.

The question is referring to the Avengers Trinity, I imagine, of Cap, Iron Man, and Thor, but I'm actually wondering if Assemble has ever really emphasized all three together or had an episode that featured just them o_O...

I'm probably one of three people actually curious about what's going on with Tony's company while he's stuck in the Dark Dimension, but I also know that there's very little chance the show will actually deal with or address it :(.

Who's a "classic Captain Marvel villain" if we're looking at Carol's tenure, which hasn't really been that long? Yon-Rogg? Who coincidentally is also a Mar-Vell villain :rolleyes2:.

spyke

Wacker saying that he considers Carol Danvers to be the "classic Captain Marvel" was clearly a comment made out of synergy, LOL.

Frontier

Staff member
Wacker saying that he considers Carol Danvers to be the "classic Captain Marvel" was clearly a comment made out of synergy, LOL.
That, and he has a personal investment in Carol as Captain Marvel since he oversaw her taking that mantle in the comics :).

spyke

That, and he has a personal investment in Carol as Captain Marvel since he oversaw her taking that mantle in the comics :).

A comic that sells poorly and has been cancelled numerous times since they started calling her "Captain Marvel" (her book was never a huge seller even when she was still called "Ms Marvel) and made her the greatest and most popular superhero in the MU.

Frontier

Staff member
A comic that sells poorly and has been cancelled numerous times since they started calling her "Captain Marvel" (her book was never a huge seller even when she was still called "Ms Marvel) and made her the greatest and most popular superhero in the MU.
Well, some of that came after his tenure...:sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

I knew about the promotional cans but I'm just seeing this ad for the first time. I love seeing Daredevil pushed by Marvel.
Notable moment from The Rock.
The time when Gunther spoke Dutch in Friends.

Featured Posts