"Marvel's Avengers Assemble" News & Discussion Thread, Part 10 (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
They tried to capitalize on the movie but failed to capture much of what made it the phenomenon that it was. Sadly, this was the common MO of Avengers Assemble.

That last season should have been either Avengers Assemble or a completely different show centered entirely around Black Panther and his world. I don't see why they couldn't have done two series; maybe a limited Black Panther series and a final season for Avengers Assemble that might satisfy viewers who actually stuck with the show through the previous four seasons. I'm not sure that it even makes sense, in canon, for Black Panther, a character who the show never solely centered around for more than one or two episodes, to now be the star that the show revolved around for the final season. That would be like the Question being the main character of the final season of Justice League Unlimited.
I think they did it the way they did because they wanted something to capitalize on the success of Black Panther but didn't want to have to make a completely different series to do it, so they re-structured Assemble to make it work.

I'm not sure if, production-wise, they could have made a limited series or a brand new cartoon. When this was produced, Marvel Animation was probably heading towards closure at this point.

T'Challa was probably the most prominent new character in the prior seasons of Assemble, next to Ms. Marvel, in my opinion, so I don't think the shift in focus came completely out-of-nowhere. He was the main leader of the New Avengers for Secret Wars, too.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Framingham, MA
That would be like the Question being the main character of the final season of Justice League Unlimited.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I would have watched the hell out of that. DCAU Question >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Avengers Assemble Black Panther.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
The show didn't win the NAACP Image Awards for the second year in a row.

Well, at least it was nominated :).
The show ended in February last year.
Not that they formally announced it was canceled or ending or anything like that...

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
Has it been a year already? Wow.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Yeah, you would have thought they would have done what they did with Spider-Man and replaced it with an new Avengers cartoon...but I guess that says a lot about how the current Marvel Animation regime is kaput.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Most NBCU networks will air movies with limited ads.
Happy 51st Birthday to MCU Ant-Man's Paul Rudd
Happy 24th Birthday to Bunk'd star Miranda May
Happy 22nd Birthday to Bunk'd and Jessie's Peyton R. List
Happy Birthday to the great Akira Toriyama!
Today, variety in my country's Cartoon Network's schedule has died.
I'm Planning to make a New Qubo schedule With Several New and Returning Shows (With one of them being Jacob Two-Two), No Paid Programming and the Return of the 4 hour Marathons.