Marvel's Avengers Assemble "By The Numbers" Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate This Episode

• Total voters

Stu

Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Check out an all-new episode of Avengers Assemble today inside Marvel Universe at 8:00am (ET/PT) on Disney XD!

Avengers Assemble "By The Numbers"
Episode Premiere Date - March 30th, 2014
The Avengers and the Cabal have a huge confrontation that leaves the team forever changed. Tony learns that – no matter how accurate they may be – you can’t trust “the stats” every time. There’s no substitute for human intuition.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
Huh. I liked this one a lot. I swear, the plot episodes are actually good. We got some good fights, some actual movement in some of the battle scenes, and I actually didn't see the ending coming.

Dare I hope Thanos appears later? The plot seems like it could go that way.

BigEclipse

I enjoyed this one as well. That's what, three in a row now? Like its live-action relative, Agents of SHIELD, it appears as if AA might have turned the corner. Dare I say, I'm starting to enjoy this show and am looking forward to the next episode. It will never replace, nor make me forget EMH, but with sustained consistency I could grow to really like this series.

Medinnus

Staff member
So, when they split the team to go after and destroy the missles, shouldn't the battle cry have been "Avengers Dis-assemble!"?

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
Iron Man is leading this team to ruin and once again proves why he's a bad chief and field leader. Right off the bat, Captain America was able to spot Red Skull and the Cabal's deception with the attack early on, and he knew Stark's SPE strategy wouldn't work out. It was also him that rallied the team to take out the two missiles at the end and figured that breaking off into two groups would work. In short, Captain America should be the leader and field commander in this show. And the only reason he's not is because of box office numbers and a snot-nosed brat in a British focus group.

It's not that Iron Man is a bad character. Quite the contrary. His whole story arc here is actually quite interesting by building a new AI program because of past mistakes with the Red Skull and the Cabal is perfectly in line with Tony Stark of the comics and how he tends to react to things in a very crazy, extreme manner. People start copying his armor designs? Well I'm going to go to war with the whole world to destroy them. Someone hacked my armor to make my repulsor blast go off and kill someone? I need a drink...and another drink....and another.

It will likely never happen, but Captain America needs to take ownership of this team already and start calling the shots. He knows whats up. He needs to stop babying and humoring Tony.

AQVXZ11

I agree that Cap should be in charge. I cringed when Captain America said "We are your weapons." Shows just how unlikely the leadership role is to change. I wonder how long it will be until Tony forgets the lesson starts only following data again.

All in all, a really beast episode. The animation was good and the heroes weren't overpowered or anything. One question: Why did Hyperion not just blast them with his hulk-hurting heat vision? Did Skull really have to be the one to do it? I know time was of the essence, but it would have taken like 4 seconds. Or why did they not just kill their opponents when they had them beaten? What was the point of putting them in a pile? It made no sense to keep the Avengers alive at that point. They were literal sitting ducks.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
I liked this episode, for the most part. It was nice seeing an all-out fight between the Avengers and the Cabal, with some neat surprises along the way, resulting from the villains changing their opponents during the battle. Iron Man's new software to predict how the fight will go down was a pretty interesting idea, though it was pretty clear from the beginning it won't really work, in order to make the episode more exciting. I didn't mind that much though, since as a result we got some great Captain America moments (at least by this show's standards). The rest of the team didn't really have a chance to shine here (except for Hawkeye, I guess - the scene where he uses one of Iron Man's gauntlet's to save the day was cool), and neither did the villains, other than Red Skull (I wasn't really expecting the Tesseract to pop up on this show), but all in all this was a pretty entertaining episode and I liked it.

strugler

I have to say this was a really good episode. Probably the best this okay show had to offer.

I did not expect the tesseract to appear so that caught by surprise.

Lets just hope that this story carries out to next episodes. The standalone approach they took is really limiting and hurting the show.

Animation wise this was a great improvement.

Hoping things will be better in season 2, and hopefully we can get a season arc

BigEclipse

Iron Man is leading this team to ruin and once again proves why he's a bad chief and field leader. Right off the bad, Captain America was able to spot Red Skull and the Cabal's deception with the attack early on, and he knew Stark's SPE strategy wouldn't work out. It was also him that rallied the team to take out the two missiles at the end and figured that breaking off into two groups would work. In short, Captain America should be the leader and field commander in this show. And the only reason he's not is because of box office numbers and a snot-nosed brat in a British focus group.

It's not that Iron Man is a bad character. Quite the contrary. His whole story arc here is actually quite interesting by building a new AI program because of past mistakes with the Red Skull and the Cabal is perfectly in line with Tony Stark of the comics and how he tends to react to things in a very crazy, extreme manner. People start copying his armor designs? Well I'm going to go to war with the whole world to destroy them. Someone hacked my armor to make my repulsor blast go off and kill someone? I need a drink...and another drink....and another.

It will likely never happen, but Captain America needs to take ownership of this team already and start calling the shots. He knows whats up. He needs to stop babying and humoring Tony.

I agree on all points. This was not the first time Tony's poor stewardship cost the team. Cap needs to step up and take command. It's always Cap who comes up with alternate plans once things go bad.

Dudley

Staff member
This was a nice episode, but it seems like always when I tune in, it's an episode where Captain America proves Iron Man wrong.
Captain America should lead the team. That's one thing from the movies that they should've brought over.

cjeromek

The animation was pretty well done in this episode. They must have got another studio to work on this one because this looked leagues better than what they've had before. For a show that's about the battle spectacle the animation should always top-notch.

Sketch

not like those other old guys
This was a nice episode, but it seems like always when I tune in, it's an episode where Captain America proves Iron Man wrong.
Captain America should lead the team. That's one thing from the movies that they should've brought over.

I have noticed that as well.

brodie999

Even though that smoke and mirrors joke was unfunny, this is the one time we'll ever see one of the other Marvel heroes other than Thor call Mjolnir by its real name.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Someone made an interesting comparison between Sponge Out Of Water and Avengers Endgame.

Brenda Song and Macaulay Culkin have their first baby, a son named Dakota.

The Anime Superhero Hotel Concept is now available to everyone in this forum. Check it out if you want it.
I'm currently developing a concept called "The Anime Superhero Hotel", which is a building I dreamed about in the twilight hours today.
Asa wrote on Neo Ultra Mike's profile.

Featured Posts