"Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (TV Series)" General News & Discussion, Part 2 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
originally posted by magmaster12
Chris Evans wants out so it's probably fair to say we'll never see Sharon ever again.

Uh, why would you say that? You don't need Captain America/Steve Rogers around if you want to do ANYTHING with Sharon Carter. The only thing you'd need him around for regarding that is if you wanted to do anything else with their relationship. But yeah if they just wanted to have Sharon Carter on the show they wouldn't need Chris Evans to be around for that, just Emily VanCamp. I mean was Thor/Chris Hemsworth required the few times Lady Sif/Jamie Alexandear guest starred on Agents of SHIELD? Heck Chris Evans wasn't involved at all in the production of Agent Carter and Peggy Carter had wayyyyyyyyyyy more connection to Steve Rogers then Peggy did. And really Chris Evans wants to just end the arc with his character which is obviously going to end in the 4th Avengers movie anyway but if Agents of SHIELD is around after that or heck if Agents of Shield wanted to have Emily VanCamp in the show they still could. She still works for SHIELD and at most would just toss in a reference about Steve but it doesn't need to be any sort of focus with her character at all. You could really have Sharon in the show without that so... don't know why you said that honestly.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
9/5: New York Comic Con panel is on October 07, 2017, 2:00 PM - 3:15 PM and takes place at The Theater at Madison Square Garden
Join Jeph Loeb, Head of Marvel Television, in celebrating Season Five of Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., with the entire cast and executive producers as they come together at Madison Square Garden, for the very first time, with an action-packed panel, Q&A and never-before-seen footage. This is the one you've been waiting for!

9/7: Could be something or nothing, but the imDB for Joel Stoffer's page has been updated. He played the 'Silhouetted Man' who led the team that took Coulson and co. from the diner in the season 4 finale. He's appearing in season 5 and the character is now named 'Enoch'. Quick search got up a Marvel character named Enoch Mason, an inventor who made a device to open portals to other dimensions -- something that indeed happened in season 4.

Magmaster12

Master of MAGnets
Staff member
Reporter
Wow, a Marvel Golden Age character that' isn't related to Captain America. I wonder if this will tie in with the Squadron Supreme that Jed said he wanted to do.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Wow, a Marvel Golden Age character that' isn't related to Captain America. I wonder if this will tie in with the Squadron Supreme that Jed said he wanted to do.
Indeed, after the reveal of Aida, they were pretty cryptic about adapting more of Squadron Supreme. I think Loeb or Jed said nothing is off the table. Hmm, that tech he used to paralyze Coulson and co. certainly was similar to the Stark device from IM1 but in terms of SS, could be Utopia Project tech.

In addition, a lot of fan theories revolve around SWORD but I've contended ARMOR could be possible, too.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Nick Blood will be reprising his role as Lance Hunter in season 5, which will make many fans happy,

Doesn't look like we're getting Bobbi Morse, though. :(
Interesting. Figured they would save news like that for NYCC next month.

Production just wrapped on the Orville on August 23 so they could position Morse to return later in the season and fabricate a story where Lance goes back to SHIELD for help in finding her or something.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
9/26: Promo poster released.

EDIT: It would be pretty funny if Nick Fury shows up.

Or if they chose this obscure organization with the same acronym as SHIELD, the Society of Higher Interstellar Education and Logistical Development. That room Coulson was in could have been on their ship, the SHIELD Orbiter. Perhaps one of their experiments crashes on Earth and they recruit Coulson and co. to retrieve it.

9/27: So it appears Disney pressured ABC into renewing AOS for season 5.

9/28: Producer Geoffrey Colo teases a window looking into space on the set.

10/2: NYCC poster revealed.

10/5: Natalia Cordova-Buckley has been made a series regular.

10/7: Season 5 starts with 2 episodes back to back on December 1.

More objects that look similar to the Monolith appear in the season premiere and transport Coulson to a space station in the midst of an invasion. Coulson is with other humans. He's later reunited with most of his team. A monster stalks them. Almost vented out.

Full description of the footage shown. Fitz is left behind on Earth.

The Kree are confirmed to appear.

Gregg debunks S.W.O.R.D. fan-theory.

10/14: Word is they are casting for a stunt actor to play a Kree assassin from the comics named Sals-Bek.

10/18: The 46 min. NYCC panel posted by Marvel

A 12. min Q&A with the cast

10/22: From NYCC, a quote of Gregg on season 5
I grew up watching those shows – Star Trek, those things. I wouldn’t say that [season 5] is like that, but to have it really bridge into more the sci-fi, cosmic part of the Marvel [Cinematic] Universe in ways that will be surprising to people, it’s really thrilling.

RoryWilliams

New cast additions including the Inhuman Flint.

mkeiwwow.jpg

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
SHIELD is going full on sci-fi, and I am here for it! Very hyped for the return of the show!

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
11/13: Logline and first clip for season premiere released:

COULSON AND THE TEAM ARE LOST IN SPACE, ON THE TWO-HOUR SEASON PREMIERE OF ABC’S ‘MARVEL’S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.’

“Orientation (Part One)”/“Orientation (Part Two)” – Coulson and the team find themselves stranded on a mysterious ship in outer space, and that’s just the beginning of the nightmare to come, when “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” returns for its highly anticipated fifth season with a special two-hour premiere, FRIDAY, DEC. 1 (8:00-10:01 p.m. EST), on The ABC Television Network, streaming and on demand.

“Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” stars Clark Gregg as Agent Phil Coulson, Ming-Na Wen as Agent Melinda May, Chloe Bennet as Daisy Johnson, Iain De Caestecker as Agent Leo Fitz, Elizabeth Henstridge as Agent Jemma Simmons, Henry Simmons as Agent Alphonso “Mack” MacKenzie and Natalia Cordova-Buckley as Elena “Yo-Yo” Rodriguez. Guest starring in “Orientation (Part One)” are Jeff Ward as Deke, Joel Stoffer as Enoch, Jordan Preston as driver, Peter Hulne as Jerry, John Wusah as young soldier, Deniz Akdeniz as Virgil, Nathin Butler as Jones and Derek Mears as captain.

11/16: New poster and better version of the recent clip.

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
It's sad how the special effects in SHIELD are so much better than Inhumans, despite the IMAX financial backing. 0_o

Magmaster12

Master of MAGnets
Staff member
Reporter
Fury's got nothing on a deep space outpost huh? I just know that's going to be contradicted in Captain Marvel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

How about Mike Pollock as the ideal voice of Bruce Wayne/Batman?
Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day

Featured Posts