"Marvel Zombies" (Disney+ Animated Series) News & Discussion (Spoilers)

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
I think you can probably get a lot of mileage out of a post-apocalyptic zombie Marvel cartoon expanding on What If...I just hope this has less jokes :sweat:.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
I'm guessing this could end up being closer to the comics, since it's a series there would probably be more time to develop the world and maybe some of the zombies (unless it's actually supposed to be a continuation of the What If...? scenario we had earlier this year...)

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
I don't really think it can be considering weren't all the What If Zombies buried on Infinite Ultron in the finale of What If? So I would like to think this would clearly be a totally different universe.

Though yeah one I hope is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy less joke filled. Seriously if you're going to do a full on Marvel Zombies series you HAVE to be able to commit to the grimness and horror of the situation. And if there are jokes it's done in a much more dark and grilm way. I don't know if this will follow too much the original set up of Marvel zombies if it's about a new generation of heroes but yeah hopefully the zombies will be more like their Marvel Zombies comic selves then just mindless monsters. Like hopefully this series won't need to worry about needing to adhere to the MCU and can just cast alternates for the voices more to make it much more it's own thing while again still remaining true to the spirit of the comics. You would hope since Marvel Zombies is generally seen as one of the weakest episodes of What If (certainly mine) the team behind this would realize what didn't work there and make sure it's not in this version.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
I wonder if it will be based in the continuity of the episode from what if season 1. The one reason I wouldn't want to see them do that is the fact that a lot of the more interesting MCU characters that we could see zombified have already been eliminated.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Frontier

Staff member
I wonder if it will be based in the continuity of the episode from what if season 1. The one reason I wouldn't want to see them do that is the fact that a lot of the more interesting MCU characters that we could see zombified have already been eliminated.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
My first assumption was it would be a spinoff based around the What If episode, but maybe they'll try to rework it a little.

Because also, if they go in that direction, the assumption would be they'll still try to keep as many MCU actors as they can.

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
What does a "new generation of heroes" even mean? Is that like on DCW's Earth-X where they have the most obscure superheroes trying to fight back?

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
Maybe we'll see the MCU Young Avengers that everybody has thought they've been building up to so far.
Throw a different curveball and have the Next Avengers lead the way, so the Young Avengers would either already be zombified or be as old as the original Avengers mentoring their kids. I get that the movie was about an actual Age of Ultron, but What If? already crossed that bridge.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

sb-129 referenced the trump cameo from home alone 2 and no one can convince me otherwise

(for context a future spongebob informs squidward that the time machine is down the hall to the left)

Found this from Reddit. Had to trim the original a bit. And yeah the guy in the 2nd half of this is the new Sokka actor.
20 years ago today, Apple released Mac OS 9.2.2, the very last version of their classic operating system. It would be available on computers as late as mid-2003, whilst Mac OS X (now macOS) up to 10.4.11 had Classic Environment for computers released before the Intel switch in 2006.
Asa
Today would've been the 120th birthday of Walt Disney.
Man I love how progressively insane Jojo gets

Featured Posts