"Marvel Super Hero Adventures" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
A Valid Location
Noticed this on Zap2It, some new shorts are listed as airing starting April 1st. I presume they will all be uploaded on Marvel HQ eventually.
Sorry Seems to Be the Hardest Word
AIRING APR 01, 2019TV-YNEW STEREO • CC
Spidey and Black Panther have an unfortunate run-in with Nebula, which leads to unfair accusations; even in an intergalactic traffic accident, the heroes learn that an apology goes a long way.
The Claws of Life
AIRING APR 02, 2019TV-YNEW STEREO • CC
Spidey runs into Rocket and Groot while they track down Blackjack, the duo's furriest foe; Spidey reminds Rocket that yelling is never the best way to get things done.
Not So Dry Cleaners
AIRING APR 03, 2019TV-YNEW STEREO • CC
Spidey is recruited by Doctor Strange to turn sorcerer-spring-cleaning into fun; the most difficult chore is convincing the Cloak of Levitation to take a bath.
From Hulk to Eternity
AIRING APR 04, 2019TV-YSTEREO • CC
She-Hulk accidentally smashes Hulk's sandcastle on their day off at the beach, making Hulk angry; the heroes are reminded that paying attention is always important.
Sticky Rain
AIRING APR 05, 2019TV-YSTEREO • CC
Spidey, Miles Morales and the citizens of New York band together to show the hideous Hobgoblin that keeping the community clean and safe is everyone's responsibility.

Reactions: Frontier

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
Noticed this on Zap2It, some new shorts are listed as airing starting April 1st. I presume they will all be uploaded on Marvel HQ eventually.
So, random thoughts from these descriptions:

- I think Nebula is our first female villain in one of these shorts :).

- Rocket, Groot, and Blackjack are nice surprises, especially since (Nebula aside) these will be the first Guardians appearances in these shorts :cool:.

- This is also Dr. Strange's first appearance too, right ;)?

- She-Hulk is a nice surprise since we haven't seen her in the cartoons in a while (and she isn't in the MCU) :D.

- It'll be nice to see Miles again :anime:.

Reactions: RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
A Valid Location
New shorts are up!

Spidey Nabs Nebula! | Marvel Super Hero Adventures - Sorry Seems To Be the Hardest Word | SHORT
Spidey and Black Panther have an unfortunate run-in with Nebula, which leads to unfair accusations by both our heroes and the infamous space pirate. Even in an intergalactic traffic accident, an apology goes a long way.
Spidey, Rocket & Groot Get Duped! | Marvel Super Hero Adventures - The Claws of Life | SHORT
Spidey runs into Rocket & Groot while they track down Blackjack, the duo’s furriest foe! Our spider-hero reminds a frustrated Rocket that, even in the heat of the chase, yelling is never the best way to get things done.
Spidey Does Sorcerer Spring Cleaning! | Marvel Super Hero Adventures - Not So Dry Cleaners | SHORT
Spidey is recruited by Doctor Strange, who needs some help turning sorcerer-spring-cleaning into fun! Of course, the most difficult chore is convincing the Cloak of Levitation to take a bath…
Spidey & She-Hulk Smash Sandcastles! | Marvel Super Hero Adventures - From Hulk to Eternity | SHORT
She-Hulk accidentally smashes Hulk’s sandcastle on their day off at the beach, making Hulk angry! Our heroes are reminded that, even when you’re not fighting crime, paying attention is important.
Spidey & Miles Save the City From Trash | Marvel Super Hero Adventures - Sticky Rain | SHORT
Spidey, Miles Morales, and the citizens of New York must band together to show the hideous Hobgoblin that keeping the community clean and safe is everyone’s responsibility!

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
I love how Black Panther is so much like Batman here. Look, he has his own panthermobile, complete with cat sound effects ;).

Y'know, Nebula is a cyborg. She probably could have withstood getting hit by the car :sweat:.

Nebula is the shorts' first female villain, thought fitting enough for her MCU Anti-Villain/Anti-Hero status, she doesn't intend to bother people here but causes problems through her bad attitude. Nothing a good apology won't fix :).
That's 100% Trevor Devall as Rocket right? It sounds exactly like him. If so, he's the first cartoon VA they've actually brought back for these :p.

Baby Groot? Well, I guess they now have multiple Groot ages to draw from now in other media :ack:

Blackjack was very animated in this :cool:.
Dr. Strange looks weird without his cloak :confused:.

This also reminded me that we haven't seen Spidey or Strange together since Ultimate ended...speaking of Ultimate, this Spidey is pretty similar to Bell's Spidey in that he seems to do practically everything in his Spider-Man costume :oops:.

The Cloak of Levitation is basically a pet here :rolleyes2:.
Nice to see a classic She-Hulk in this, especially since we haven't seen her in animation in a while :anime:.

I kept expecting Sandman to be a villain here :(.
This would have been the perfect short to release as a tie-in to Into the Spider-Verse :).

Poor Miles stuck without a codename :sad:.

Spider-Men vs. a Goblin? Perfect :D.

That's definitely not how Hobgoblin expected things to end :elle:.

SweetShop209

Jan 5, 2014
www.deviantart.com
That's 100% Trevor Devall as Rocket right? It sounds exactly like him. If so, he's the first cartoon VA they've actually brought back for these :p.
He's credited in the description of the video. The fact he has dual citizenship helps out . If Drax ever appears in this series, then David Sobolov will most likely voice him since he's also a dual citizen. Then again, Cree Summer is a dual citizen and she didn't voice Nebula.

Takao

Fight the darkness all around
Mar 17, 2010
Canada
That is Trevor Devall as Rocket. They list the voice and writing crew in the description. ;) Devall is a dual citizen who occasionally still shows up in Vancouver-based productions. It probably wasn't that hard to get him to return.

Speaking of voice actors, it would be cool if Atomic Cartoons now having a studio in Ontario meant they could bring back some of the former Canadian Marvel actors. Even in a cutesy show like this, I'm sure a lot of people would like to hear Cal Dodd as Wolverine again (assuming the X-Men are allowed to appear in the future). I'm not sure who he could play, but I'd appreciate it if Paul Soles (the original voice of Spider-man) got to be a Marvel character one last time. Unfortunately, that is probably just my wishful thinking. If Logan does show up, I'd still be okay with McNeil, too.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Framingham, MA
Marvel Super Hero Adventures "Spidey Nabs Nebula!"

This show has an eclectic mix of heroes and villains. ***.

Marvel Super Hero Adventures "Spidey, Rocket, And Groot Get Duped!"

I had never heard of Blackjack before but now I pretty much love him.

Bad things? The kids on this show have such annoying voices.

The episode was funny and cartoony enough to recommend though. ****.

Marvel Super Hero Adventures "Spidey Does Sorcerer Spring Cleaning!"

I like Doctor Strange's voice. The cloak is cute too. ****.

Marvel Super Hero Adventures "Spidey And She-Hulk Smash Sandcastles!"

I like this Hulk. He's smart, speaks in full sentences, and is a whiz at sandcastles.

I am amused that Spidey takes the time to take off his Hawaiian shirt before saving the day.

Cute. ***1/2.

Marvel Super Hero Adventures "Spidey And Miles Save The City From Trash"

I've always loved the colors of Hobgoblin and his glider.

I like that Spidey made him clean up his mess at the end.

Nice! ***.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
Cort Lane talks about the success of Marvel Superhero Adventures:
To your point, we’re already very much in a world where we’re trying to meet kids in all the places where they are. Our Marvel Super Hero Adventures shorts, which launched season 3 on April 12, did huge numbers for us on Marvel HQ, and that’s after premiering on Disney Jr., Disney Jr. on the Disney Channel, the Disney Now streaming service, the Marvel Kids YouTube channel, and the YouTube Kids app. That’s valuable, fun content for our youngest viewers that’s available on five platforms.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"Steamed Hams" is airing right now!
I decided it's time to make some changes for my life.. I will have to spend less time on animesuperhero site, so I need some more time to do some more work.
Red Arrow wrote on RegularCapital's profile.
Glad you're back :)
Alien News Desk is actually kinda funny. No one talks about it though, of course.
Any news about the "Magia Record" anime?