• Enter to win two tickets to Howl's Moving Castle. Details here.

"Marvel Super Hero Adventures" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

Frontier

Staff member
Two of the new shorts are now up on YouTube.

Marvel Super Hero Adventures: Season 2, Ep 6 - Sticky Mittens
Is the first time we've seen Spidey without his mask on? Even more evidence that they lifted the Spidey design from Marvel's Spider-Man, since Peter looks exactly the same. Kind of makes it more noticeable his VA is doing a Robbie Daymond impression :sweat:.

Spidey and his bee puns :p.

I wonder if anybody remembers that Swarm is a Spider-Man villain. Cool to see him pop up in here though ;).

Couldn't Swam have just swarmed out of that webbing? Oh well, we have to end the episode :shrug:.
Marvel Super Hero Adventures: Season 2, Ep 7 - Cloudy With A Chance of Smiles
Man, Spidey really is a Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man in this series. He gives advice, supports the local community in-costume, and watches little league games :).

I really wish they wouldn't call the Symbiote "Venom," or depict the Symbiote just jumping on anyone as "Venom" :sad:.

I thought Venom's weakness was sound :confused:?

The Black Suit! The VA also had a pretty cool aggressive Spider-Man voice :cool:.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Marvel Super Hero Adventures "It's An Alien"

I noticed the alien STILL didn't pay for the sugary stuff at the end with real money. ***.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
More shorts are now up on YouTube.

Marvel Super Hero Adventures: Season 2, Ep 8 - That’s Why They Make Chocolate and Vanilla
Spider-Girl and Spider-Man visit the ice cream shop after a long day, only to find out that someone’s melting all of the ice cream in town! The spider-heroes disagree on how to capture the villain but learn that disagreeing is okay.
Marvel Super Hero Adventures: Season 2, Ep 10 - You Go High, I’ll Go Low
Spidey accidentally collides with fellow flyer – Falcon! They’re both after Hobgoblin, but Spidey and Falcon realize that even the most awesome airborne heroes have to take turns.

SweetShop209

1. I remember seeing a commercial where the female announcer briefly describes Anya as awesome, which is pretty funny when you consider that Melanie Minichino (the Disney Junior female announcer since 2011) voices here on Marvel's Spiderman.

2. With Ian James Corlette as Electro, he now has two Disney Junior shows under his belt.

Frontier

Staff member
More shorts are now up on YouTube.

Marvel Super Hero Adventures: Season 2, Ep 8 - That’s Why They Make Chocolate and Vanilla
It's kind of amusing seeing Anya walking around in a Spider-Girl costume with the wrong color scheme, but I guess that's what happens when you base your designs off promo art :sweat:.

I've always been a vanilla man, myself ;).

I'm glad they kept Anya's accent :).

No offense Anya, but I think directly stopping the villain is more of a priority then saving ice cream :shrug:.

Electro being disgruntled over not being able to eat ice cream reminded me of his troubles when he first became Electro in Spectacular Spider-Man:ack:.
Marvel Super Hero Adventures: Season 2, Ep 10 - You Go High, I’ll Go Low
It's probably because this is aimed at little kids, but Spidey sure does seem to handle a lot of problems plaguing children on this show :).

I like Falcon's chest armor having white. I prefer it when his costume has a little more color in it :cool:.

Falcon designed a ray gun? That's...interesting :confused:.

Classic looking Hobgoblin! He's even wielding a laser like he did in the 90's Spider-Man cartoon :D!

Frontier

Staff member
Does Captain Marvel's design look more detailed to anyone else :confused:?

That was supposed to be Miek? I guess he does look a little like his MCU design :sweat:.

I...don't think Miek is coming back to replace what he took. I think Spidey and Captain Marvel just helped a thief escape :eek:.

I love how after only 5 seconds after telling the story Spidey is willing to tell the exact same story to another little kid :p.

Frontier

Staff member
Be Like Spidey! | Marvel Super Hero Adventures | BONUS VIDEO

Spidey telling kids to get out and be active. This feels like the part where he's not usually in chibi form

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Is this the first short without the Marvel's Spider-Man animated portion? Interesting...

This felt like the most "public service announcement" of all the shorts, with Spidey just telling kids how important it is to be active and go outside and play (with parent supervision of course). Not that that's a bad thing :).

Haven't we seen Mittens before? I feel like have. Is he the closest to a recurring character in these shorts outside the guest heroes :p?

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Marvel Super Hero Adventures "Be Like Spidey"

That was cute. The show obviously doesn't need the more realistic wraparounds. ***1/2.

Frontier

Staff member
You can tell this was made to tie-in to the movie when instead of regaling us with a new story Spidey just tells the audience about how awesome Carol Danvers is with clips from an old episode :p.

I wonder if they made these for other heroes. I guess it would be nice if they did, although I kind of doubt it :sweat:.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
You can tell this was made to tie-in to the movie when instead of regaling us with a new story Spidey just tells the audience about how awesome Carol Danvers is with clips from an old episode :p.

I wonder if they made these for other heroes. I guess it would be nice if they did, although I kind of doubt it :sweat:.
They made another one with Carol and Marvel Rising clips a few days. Not a terrible form of promo to the kids. I remember Cartoon Network doing this with Justice League Action clips when Wonder Woman was released.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

Why can't Cartoon Network air shows like Adventure Time, Regular Show, Uncle Grandpa and Clarence instead of Toddler Tightwads No!?

I like her response as to why she chooses Grover.
If you're a writer and a showrunner of a stale show for almost two decades and you disregard an episode you already wrote back in the 90s because of some controversial documentary, I cannot take you seriously anymore.
Asa
Was it ever confirmed that CN will host their 2019-2020 upfront this year?
I would love to see a Loud House spinoff comic starring the Loud Family as Ace Savvy and The Full House Gang. Heck, might as well give all the other Loud House characters card-themed superhero/supervillain identities.