"Marvel Super Hero Adventures: Frost Fight!" Feature Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate and Discuss this Marvel Holiday Special!

• Total voters

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Check out Marvel's new feature-length animated holiday special! Available on Digital HD and On-Demand through select digital retailers, starting today!

Marvel Super Hero Adventures: Frost Fight!
Release Date
: December 11th, 2015 (Digital Release Only)
Written by: Mark Banker
Directed by: Mitch Schauer

Synopsis: The holiday season gets extra chilly as Loki and the frost giant, Ymir, plot to conquer the world. A team of Marvel heroes must stop the villains from stealing Santa’s power – if anyone can actually find the mysterious Mr. Claus. Fortunately, Rocket Raccoon and Groot are also hot on Santa’s trail. Heroes, villains, elves and cosmic bounty hunters collide in an epic quest that leave the fate of the holiday and the world itself in the balance.

This family-friendly action comedy movie features fan-favorite Marvel characters including Iron Man, Captain America, Hulk, Thor, Rocket Raccoon, Groot, Captain Marvel and Reptil.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

Related threads:
X-Men: TAS "Have Yourself A Morlock Little X-Mas" Talkback (Spoilers)
X-Men: Evolution "On Angel's Wings" Talkback (Spoilers)
The Spectacular Spider-Man "Reinforcement" Talkback (Spoilers)
Ultimate Spider-Man: Web Warriors "Nightmare on Christmas" Talkback (Spoilers)
[url=https://www.toonzone.net/forums/threads/marvels-hulk-and-the-agents-of-s-m-a-s-h-its-a-wonderful-smash-talkback-spoiler.5428381]Marvel's Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. "It's a Wonderful Smash" Talkback (Spoiler)[/url]

TheLemsterPju

"$19.99" .......

tumblr_mcyky6zz0h1rjxj9ko1_r2_250.gif

Capt.Traphouse

Sexiest Thing Since Sex
Pay for it, just think of it as a Holiday gift for a giant, faceless, corporation lol.

Frontier

Staff member
I have to imagine they're going to premier it on TV soon, at least closer to Christmas, so I'll probably watch it then :).

Lonewolf36

Im thinking about renting it for 4.99 on demand if i do i will come back later with some spoilers.

spyke

"Action comedy"? So this is basically SUPER HERO SQUAD with more realistic character designs.

TheLemsterPju

I finally got around to putting down the money to watch it. Honestly, I didn't care for it too much after it was over. Meh.

Lonewolf36

Here is some spoilers.

Loki and Ymir face off with the Avengers Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Hulk, Captain Marvel and Reptil who is an Avenger-In-Training with the Casket of Ancient Winters. They loose the Casket to the Avengers.

They come up with a plan to steal the power of Jolnir/Santa Claus with the Casket of Ancient Power.

Loki puts a bounty on Jolnir which Rocket Racoon and Groot want to buy a new ship.

Thor returns from Asgard after securing the Casket of Ancient Winters with knowledge of Loki's plan

The Avengers set off to Alfheim where Santa Resides on Mt. Jolly and is guarded by elves of the Emerald Guard.

Santa Claus is part frost giant and part elf and extremely powerful

Loki and Ymir acquire the Casket of Ancient Power and track Santa to the North Pole where his Cottage has teleported to prepare for his trip around the world.

He delivers to the Nine Realm starting with midgard being the closest to Alfheim

A battle takes place between the Avengers and Loki, Ymir and the mind controlled elves.

Loki manages to briefly steal the powers of Santa allowing him to control time space and easily takes out the Avengers.

With the Help of Reptil Santa recovers gaining his powers back defeating the bad guys.

The Avengers aid Santa in delivering his gifts with a brief cameo of She-Hulk sleeping while Iron Man delivers her presents.

I loved the Santa/Jolnir design but Iron Man's voice actor didn't do it for me.

TheLemsterPju

The Avengers aid Santa in delivering his gifts with a brief cameo of She-Hulk sleeping while Iron Man delivers her presents.

A tiny present at that. Remember when Tony was putting the moves on She-Hulk in Agents of SMASH? (I can't remember which episode at the moment). Three guesses as to what that is. ;)

Last edited:

Lonewolf36

I had forgotten about She-Hulk and Stark till you reminded me . Nice catch!

RoyalRubble

Staff member
There's no need for spoiler tags since the talkback is labeled "Spoilers". Once a movie is officially released or an episode airs, it's fair game to discuss it in the proper threads.

Santa Claus is part frost giant and part elf and extremely powerful

I was close. I predicted Santa would be either Asgardian or alien.

A tiny present at that. Remember when Tony putting the moves on She-Hulk in Agents of SMASH? (I can't remember which episode at the moment). Three guesses as to what that is. ;)

Hulk-Busted? It's been so long ago I forgot all about that. Though I remember the lines about how Iron Man and She-Hulk used to date from Super Hero Squad Show.

Lonewolf36

Good call on Santa i wasn't expecting any kind of connection to Asgard.

Frontier

Staff member
"Action comedy"? So this is basically SUPER HERO SQUAD with more realistic character designs.
To be fair, "action comedy" is a pretty general genre description and one that arguably all the current Marvel cartoons fit in, even Guardians. And I'd say SHS was far more of a straight up comedy then an "action comedy" ;).

Though a Christmas special does seem like the kind of thing you'd expect more out of Super Hero Squad then the current Marvel cartoons, but there's still the novelty of a Marvel Animated Christmas special :cool:.
She was voiced by Grey Griffin

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

CNC
am I the only one who thinks Berdly reminds me of Mordecai?
The Count: That's seven, seven shows rejected by Nickelodeon. Ah ah ah!

Apparently, Cassandra Peterson has been in a relationship with a woman for 19 years.

Is there a name for the art style Google and other companies use in their advertising? It has to have an official name if so many groups are using it.

Featured Posts