"Marvel Studios' Fantastic Four" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Frontier

Staff member
Kind of wonder why they'd gender-flip Surfer instead of using another Herald...or why they'd jump immediately into Galactus (unless they really want to show how different they are with a more comic-accurate version)...

Especially because this is the MCU so you'd think they'd jump at the chance to have a dude that's basically naked on-top of their love of shirtless men :p.

Also, a non-Norinn Radd Silver Surfer just feels...wrong :(.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Kind of wonder why they'd gender-flip Surfer instead of using another Herald...or why they'd jump immediately into Galactus (unless they really want to show how different they are with a more comic-accurate version)...

Especially because this is the MCU so you'd think they'd jump at the chance to have a dude that's basically naked on-top of their love of shirtless men :p.

Also, a non-Norinn Radd Silver Surfer just feels...wrong :(.
I wonder if Norinn actually exists and is the one left behind on Zenn-La this time.

Part of me wonders if this is just an announcement of misdirection, using a known actress to get some news, while she's just a variant in the actual movie.

I don't know who they expect to please with changes like this but I'll wait to see how it goes.

Maybe it will work out better than the unnecessary and often forgettable gender switch of Mar-Vell? Maybe worse, given how much more iconic Norrin as the Surfer is?

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
So I'm guessing they were initial plans for a male Surfer or the gender didn't matter as far as casting was concerned...

Looks like the teaser art promo is on-point as far as the FF's costumes :).

What an FF way for a baby to be born :D!

Kind of makes me wonder how out of place they'll feel in the main MCU o_O.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts