"Marvel Rising" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frontier

Staff member
I'm honestly not surprised considering they've been already uploading full episodes of other Marvel cartoons on the channel.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Screenshot_20181212-191513.jpg
I'm currently commenting on the movie when I saw this comment from Cort Lane. I had no clue that Kamala's co-creator Sana Amanat was a producer on the movie. That explains a lot on why she's so well rounded here.

Screenshot_20181212-195451.jpg

Screenshot_20181212-201948.jpg

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Hopefully, they premiere it at a good time. I mean, seriously? 10pm on a Sunday? At least Secret Warriors is airing at a respectable time in Asia (December 16 at 11am).

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
I'm pretty sure Amanat was mentioned in past press releases as a producer. I recall her name appearing in there.

Anyway, pretty cool to know "Chasing Ghosts" would premiere soon, and there will be more Specials after that as well. Should be fun. There's probably a bunch more characters they can focus on during future stories.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
December 12th:
I'm pretty sure Amanat was mentioned in past press releases as a producer. I recall her name appearing in there.
Let me clarify. I only found out today that she's the co-creator of the character, hence my surprise upon seeing her as a producer.

January 14th:

Marvel Rising: Chasing Ghosts will premiere on YouTube at 7pm on January 16. Take a look.

Hot on the trails of Sheath and Exile, Ghost Spider will team up with the rest of the Secret Warriors to take down the villains for good.

Last edited by a moderator:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
I'm a little surprised it's premiering so soon, and online. I wonder if the "Heart of Iron" Special will get similar treatment.

According to the article on Marvel.com, the Special will also be available on DisneyNOW staring Friday, February 1st.

Disney Channel star Sofia Wylie (“Andi Mack”) unveils her first-ever musical performance for the animated special with a song titled “Side By Side.” On January 18, the DisneyMusicVEVO YouTube channel will premiere a behind-the-scenes look at Sofia Wylie’s recording process in an exclusive music featurette.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
I'm a little surprised it's premiering so soon, and online. I wonder if the "Heart of Iron" Special will get similar treatment.

According to the article on Marvel.com, the Special will also be available on DisneyNOW staring Friday, February 1st.
Given how the entire movie was uploaded to Marvel HQ, I wouldn't be surprised if the Heart Of Iron special is also put on YouTube first. On a different note, I'm curious why the Chasing Ghosts special will be on DisneyNow two weeks after its on YouTube.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
One thing I'm wondering is if this will air on tv. The fact its coming out on YouTube and WatchDisneyNow first is interesting to say the least. Plus, the Initiation shorts haven't aired on Disney Channel.

Frontier

Staff member
One thing I'm wondering is if this will air on tv. The fact its coming out on YouTube and WatchDisneyNow first is interesting to say the least. Plus, the Initiation shorts haven't aired on Disney Channel.
I kinda feel like they'll do a TV premier at some point, since everything else Marvel Rising has so far gotten to be on TV as well :).

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
I kinda feel like they'll do a TV premier at some point, since everything else Marvel Rising has so far gotten to be on TV as well :).
Though there's still the question on if it'll be simulcast or just aired on one channel. Again, Initiation aired only on Disney XD while Secret Warriors was broadcast on both there and Disney Channel.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
I just find it odd it's premiering online first (and not on the app, but YouTube), and in the middle of the week. Not to mention they announce this only 2 days before its premiere. The marketing for this seems a little out of tune since last year's New York Comic-Con.

But that's kind of a minor complaint. The content should still be good.

TheLemsterPju

Two things I'm wondering:

1.) Has the Marvel HQ YouTube channel been more financially beneficial to Marvel in the long run compared to the cartoons airing on Disney XD?

2.) What's going to happen to the YouTube channel once Disney+ launches? Are they going to move the new stuff to the streaming service and start uploading old animated stuff on YouTube?

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
As of right now on Marvel HQ, the Initiation shorts (when spliced together as a 22 minute episode) got 1.8 million views since August. The Secret Warriors movie has had 2.5 million views in 5 weeks.

Magmaster12

Master of MAGnets
Staff member
Reporter
It's most likely because like Young Justice Season 1 and 2, there's been a huge push for the toyline I doubt ad space on tv is much of a priority.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Today marks the 5th Year Anniversary of when the HD Double Pack of Final Fantasy X & X-2 was released on the Nintendo Switch in North America. It was nice to be able to play my favorite Final Fantasy game on a Nintendo system.
Alex Dudley's DToons YouTube channel is back after being hacked a couple of weeks ago. Good news.

Take a look at these cool posters.

Rebecca and Ian are LEGENDS!
If you want an example of what truly all-ages animation is, I can't think of a better recent example than Bluey's "The Sign". I have more to say, but you'll be hearing from me again ;)
aegisrawks wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
I loved your post in that Nick thread. I really dislike Nick's mentality of "It didnt outdo the Super Bowl, CANCEL IT NAO" and I am so glad you agree, even if you are more realistic and more wise.

Featured Posts