"Marvel Rising" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SweetShop209

I kind of doubt that, given "Initiation" was initially announced as a series of shorts and then compiled into a full half-hour. "Chasing Ghosts" is called a 22 minutes long Special from the beginning. But who knows.
Well, one thing I do know is that if there was another Marvel Rising movie, neither Gwen or any Spider-Man characters would most likely appear.

Frontier

Staff member
I wonder if frequent specials will be the primary source of future Marvel Rising content rather then a full-on TV series, sort of like the DTV's for DC Super Hero Girls :)?

SweetShop209

I think it will be like a mix of Equestria Girls and DC Superhero Girls, where we get specials like the former has done in recent incarnations, while the movies are the main selling point like the latter. Coincidentally , Tara Strong is in all three projects.

Edit: I believe this is pumpkin spice cocoa.

The ratings on the main channel are fine, but man, Disney XD stunk hard.

September 30
Marvel Rising: Secret Warriors
Disney Channel: 435,000 (0.07)
Disney XD: 96,000 (0.02)

MOD NOTE: Double Post merged. Use the Edit button next time instead of posting multiple times in a row.

Last edited by a moderator:

SweetShop209

Good thing Marvel cartoons run on merch and brand alone.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
The movie is having another encore at 7:15 pm on October 14 on Disney XD. They really should've aired the movie at around that time on premiere day. Well, at least Disney is still actually invested in promoting the property , even with bad time slots.

thisguyisnotcool

I don't really see much merchandise for the Marvel cartoons these days. Maybe coloring books or posters, but that's about it :confused:.
Yeah I mostly see stuff like that in dollar stores and Rite-Aid/Walgreens. Then again it seems like toys are more advertising the the Marvel brand in general than just Disney XD cartoons

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

SweetShop209

I don't really see much merchandise for the Marvel cartoons these days. Maybe coloring books or posters, but that's about it :confused:.
I've seem some Captain America merchadise, but more of a general model rather than from Avengers Assemble specifically. Plus, there was some Vulture stuff at the February 2018 toy fair for MarvelsSpiderMan.

To get back on topic , if there were any future specials, or a full tv series, I'd pick Jennifer Muro, Noelle Stevenson , and Amy Wolfram as some of the writers.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
The edit and the voiceover of the Chasing Ghosts teaser reminded me a lot of the old GI Joe comic ads.

The ratings on the main channel are fine, but man, Disney XD stunk hard.

I'm not too surprised. The XD don't seem too far off from the other XD premieres either. The channel has really felt more and more like a ghost town this year. The ratings were never incredible before but now I'm surprised that there are any new premieres at all. Hopefully, they'll continue to put the premieres on Disney Channel.

Were there any on-air promos leading up to the movie premiere?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

SweetShop209

I'm not too surprised. The XD don't seem too far off from the other XD premieres either. The channel has really felt more and more like a ghost town this year. The ratings were never incredible before but now I'm surprised that there are any new premieres at all. Hopefully, they'll continue to put the premieres on Disney Channel.

Were there any on-air promos leading up to the movie premiere?

1. I'm pretty sure they'll just do simulcasts for the upcoming specials. Though I should point out that the Initiation shorts (whether by themselves or as an episode) didn't air on the main channel.

2. I've seen some promos on the channel, like the memetic "super cute squish face" commercial, but I think there was more advertising on social media.

TheLemsterPju

>"Special announcements and first looks"
>Stuff we already saw and knew
tumblr_pg7c3v7qiE1u7vukeo1_540.png

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Yeah, the marketing for this has been pretty odd - they already aired the movie and announced the new projects a week before Comic-Con. I get the feeling they premiered the movie too early and this panel was supposed to take place before. They mostly screened clips from the movie, stuff people already watched, and the full movie will also be screened again tomorrow. Admittedly they did apparently show a clip from "Chasing Ghosts" but is was still a work in progress.

Now to be fair, slightly off-topic, but this year DC had some weird choices for Comic-Con as well. Like screening the movie version of Constantine: City of Demons and releasing it next week, while the rest of the webisodes won't be posted online until later this month.

SweetShop209

I figured this was worth putting up.

I figured this would've been on Friday, but whatever.

Last edited by a moderator:

Frontier

Staff member
I figured this would've been on Friday, but whatever.

Her codename is actually supposed to be "Miss America," but that hardly gets used anymore :sweat:.

Though that reminds me that I think Kamala, Doreen, and Gwen are the only characters in this with secret identities. I guess Rayshaun might have one since he wears a mask as Patriot :confused:.
I guess it's never too late when the franchise is ongoing.

Yeah, they've still got Quake, Inferno, and Captain Marvel left of the main cast :).

They might even do one for Ironheart after her special...and maybe even for the villains (Hala, Exile, and Sheath) :ack:?

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
I'm really curious when we will see Chasing Ghosts. I would have thought it won't be too far off, just due to a teaser being released already and since the other trailers and promos with animation weren't released too long before the programs were. The word at NYCC seemed to be that they weren't finished working on it though.

They did a new promo for the rerun apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.
Change of plans, no concert for me tonight! Instead, if everything goes according to plan, I will instead be seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) in May.
I may actually delete my twitter account. It is just really bad these days, and I have other ways to keep in touch with the few people on there I do care about, so deleting it would be rather easy. Something I once thought I'd never think of doing.
And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
I still haven't made a real post on that Dreamwidth blog I have linked in my signature. Still deciding what I want to do with it, really. I want to practice my reviewing skills so I may use it exclusively as a review blog for whatever I feel like.

Featured Posts