"Marvel Rising" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frontier

Staff member
Here's another Kamala Khanfidential

I didn't expect them to give the pets their own videos (not that I'm surprised). Does this mean Lockjaw will get his own video ;).

I get why, but for a Kamala Khanfidential Squirrel Girl pretty much dominated it :p.

Also kind of amusing that they talk about villains but the character they're fighting is Gwen :rolleyes2:.

TheLemsterPju

The cover for Issue 2 of IDW/Marvel's Spider-Man series has Gwen with pink highlights in her hair, something that that was once exclusive to Gwenpool and introduced in Marvel Rising's version of Spider-Gwen.
STL101922

Since this comics looks to be borrowing elements from Marvel's Spider-Man as well, could a be a tie-into that show? Will Marvel Rising and MSM share the same continuity and this will bridge a gap between them?

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
The major deciding factors would be any explicit references to either project from both sides , and having Dove Cameron voice Gwen instead of Laura Bailey. Otherwise, this is probably just a coincidence and they'll stay separate.

Frontier

Staff member
The cover for Issue 2 of IDW/Marvel's Spider-Man series has Gwen with pink highlights in her hair, something that that was once exclusive to Gwenpool and introduced in Marvel Rising's version of Spider-Gwen.
STL101922

Since this comics looks to be borrowing elements from Marvel's Spider-Man as well, could a be a tie-into that show? Will Marvel Rising and MSM share the same continuity and this will bridge a gap between them?
There's no way Marvel Rising and Marvel's Spider-Man are in the same continuity. Their versions of Gwen are too different o_O.

And if this was a tie-in, I think it would be more explicit about it, although even the actual Marvel Rising tie-in's weren't explicitly clear whether they were in the cartoon's continuity or the 616 universe.

I think it's just a case of lifting a character design or elements from another media property.

Frontier

Staff member

Here is Kim Raver's interview
I kinda wish the cartoons and cast would focus less on telling us Carol is this awesome and amazing character and more just letting the character speak for herself on the show :shrug:.

Kind of reminding me a little too much of her Avengers Assemble characterization :(.
She definitely sounds a lot softer then I would've expected for America, but I like how her physical attacks leave star imprints :).

Reminds me of Cap's shield in EMH having the red, white, and blue following it whenever he threw it :cool:.

Frontier

Staff member
Kamala mentioning her "school" and "family" still makes me wish we saw more of her civilian life in her cartoon appearances :(.

Kamala talking about Carol like that really makes me think of her as the Wonder Girl to Carol's (purported) Wonder Woman :rolleyes2:.
Here's another Kamala Khanfidential

Here's a sneak peek
Wasn't expecting there to be more vocal tracks during action sequences :cool:.

So it looks like our heroes are going up against...SHIELD? I wonder what happened there :confused:?
Comic Book Resources also has an interview with Cort Lane.
Talking so much about the theme song reminds me that I think this is the first real theme song we've gotten in a Marvel cartoon in a really long time :).

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
I believe this is the first Marvel cartoon where Disney was heavily involved in the music. Like, I don't even think they were majorly involved in the music for Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes (which I haven't seen), and that's the only Disney-Marvel cartoon with an intro that's at least 30 seconds long (unless you count Big Hero 6).

1. I was looking on demand, and the Initiation shorts are under the "Disney Channel On Demand" banner, and not Disney XD.

2. When looking at my TV guide , it mentions that the Secret Warriors movie will be commercial free on Disney XD, but not Disney Channel. While both start at 10:00pm, the former finishes at 11:20 and the latter at 11:30.

3. There is currently only one encore scheduled so far, at 2:05 pm on October 11. Jump to that date on the calendar.

Calendar | Disney Channel Press

Mod Note: Double Post merged.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
1. I was looking on demand, and the Initiation shorts are under the "Disney Channel On Demand" banner, and not Disney XD.

2. When looking at my TV guide , it mentions that the Secret Warriors movie will be commercial free on Disney XD, but not Disney Channel. While both start at 10:00pm, the former finishes at 11:20 and the latter at 11:30.

The shorts were always under the Disney Channel section on DisneyNow. That scheduled slot seems to indicate that the movie is about 80 minutes long, which is about the average for the animated direct to video movies. It's interesting that XD, the ad based channel, is running it ad free while the main channel will still use 10 minutes for promo time.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts