"Marvel Rising" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
I imagine the rest of the featurettes could be used as promotion for the movie. I expect some new footage might be used for some of those (Captain Marvel, America Chavez, etc.)

Frontier

Staff member
I imagine the rest of the featurettes could be used as promotion for the movie. I expect some new footage might be used for some of those (Captain Marvel, America Chavez, etc.)
The only other character without a video yet is Patriot, so assuming they continue past the characters in the webisodes, it would be nice to see what we can expect from the movie :).

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
The movie is premiering sooner than I expected, and I find it kind of weird it wasn't mentioned in the September Highlights. It's pretty cool it's getting simulcast on both Disney Channel and Disney XD (I think the premiere of Big Hero 6: The Series received the same treatment last year).

Anyway, I am looking forward to it. Should be fun.

SweetShop209

The movie is premiering sooner than I expected, and I find it kind of weird it wasn't mentioned in the September Highlights. It's pretty cool it's getting simulcast on both Disney Channel and Disney XD (I think the premiere of Big Hero 6: The Series received the same treatment last year).

Anyway, I am looking forward to it. Should be fun.
1. Perhaps the decision to simulcast the movie on both channels was thought up at the last minute.

2. The movie premiering on September 30 makes sense. Premiering on September 23 would've clashed with AvengersAssemble's season 5 premiere, while an October 7 premiere would've clashed with StarWarsResistance's premiere.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
I was expecting a November premiere for the movie. But on the other hand, it does kind of fit with how they released the shorts for all their shows about a month before the new Seasons premiered last year.

Frontier

Staff member
I was just curiously browsing Target and saw the store placeholder

Marvel Rising : Target

We also have a date for the movie. September 30th.

Watch Dove Cameron Sing the Marvel Rising Theme Song

There are new clips in the music video.

I guess if one of your stars is a singer, you may as well have them sing your theme song ;).

So going by the new clips:

- It seems like Gwen's role in this franchise is pretty much solely left in the shorts :sweat:.

- Looks like Kamala and Doreen stumble upon Inferno who's having trouble controlling his powers, and then Quake and Patriot come in to deal with the ruckus with America joining in not too after :ack:.

- Looks like they're going for the half-mask version of Captain Marvel's helmet from the Super Hero Adventure shorts :).

- Some kind of secret organization is involved? Maybe the Ennilux group :evil:?

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
- It seems like Gwen's role in this franchise is pretty much solely left in the shorts :sweat:.

- Looks like they're going for the half-mask version of Captain Marvel's helmet from the Super Hero Adventure shorts :).

Was Earth's Mightiest the last Marvel show to have a theme song with lyrics? I think it might have been.

I thought this might happen with Gwen., She was the lead of the shorts, and the best character in them, so it will be interesting to see how this would work when she's not part of the main focus. Will there be any closure for her and Kevin's stories?

I'm not a fan of the helmet but I always liked Carol in a Domino mask, so this is a happy medium for me. Given that Marvel Super Hero Adventures pretty much used Carol's Rising design in their wraparound, it's not too surprising that they probably based the more chibi look on that design too.

546fc162273d0520ab7b0a4fb54b6269.jpg

95d8a13468154622804c22b204a1b339.jpg
3a74cd6c116824ff0cb6307f8cd82d53.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

SweetShop209

August 25th:
The release of the "Born Ready" music video on the Disney Music Vevo channel on YouTube means that this is the first Marvel project to have a video on the channel. It's on the same channel that has released videos for movies like The Lion King and Moana, as well as tv shows like Sofia The First and The Lion Guard. That is pretty cool.

August 30th:

Dove Cameron talks about "Born Ready"

August 31st:

It's time for Kamala Khanfidential, featuring Gwen Stacy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Frontier

Staff member
August 31st:

It's time for Kamala Khanfidential, featuring Gwen Stacy.
"Who knew that would happen more then once?" Wait, does that mean Spider-Man already exists in this universe? Not that I expect actual world-building or deep continuity from this :sweat:.

So she's "Ghost Spider" because she's really stealthy? Even though all throughout the shorts people kept finding her and she eventually got caught by Quake :p?

SweetShop209

"Who knew that would happen more then once?" Wait, does that mean Spider-Man already exists in this universe?
I'm pretty sure this is meant to be one of those allusions to Spider-Man in a similar manner to how Batman and Superman on DC Superhero Girls are alluded to or referenced, but never physically appear.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Deadline reports there will be a panel for Marvel Rising at New York Comic-Con, and they will screen the movie. This wouldn't be a premiere though since it airs on TV like a week earlier. I'll wait for the official schedule and dates before adding it to the list of panels.

SweetShop209

Maybe the NYCC panel will be a way to help keep up momentum for the movie in order to directly gauge audience response for a potential series.

Here is Dee Bradley Baker's interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts