"Marvel Rising" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dudley

Staff member
I've noticed in recent years when the "not forced" and "natural/organic" buzzwords are used when women take charge in a media project, especially a Marvel one, it never feels that way. Keeping my expectations way low for this one.

Of course it isn’t. This is all a cash-in to compete with DC SHG, and sell stuff to girls. The only way it’ll not seem “forced” or “organic” is if one of the characters become hugely popular, and they later take advantage of it by putting more focus on said character. Because at that point, it’ll be the general consensus of the fans (or specifically, the target audience) not the corporations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheLemsterPju

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Maybe it's Laura Bailey for the shorts and Dove Cameron for the movie due to marketability.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
On another note, i find it interesting how this is the second project after Elena Of Avalor to have both Tyler Posey and Dee Bradley Baker in it.

Barbossa

I don't think Marvel knows what to do with her hair in general across all media after she became Captain Marvel.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
May 14th:
As it turns out, I only now discovered Chen's Twitter account and her work on this project, but she has shared some other designs for the last week or so. I'll just link to them, not embed all Tweets here so it won't take too long for the page to load.

- Ms. Marvel
- Quake
- Squirrel Girl
- Patriot
- Inferno

June 1st:
Here's a clip where Cierra Ramirez briefly talks about her character, America Chavez:

Frontier

Staff member
So will this only be a film? Or is it also turning into a animated series.
I believe it's a series of shorts that lead into an animated film, though I wouldn't be surprised if there's an actual series that follows up from it :).

Although with the stars involved, that would probably involve some re-casting :sweat:.

Last edited:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
I think it's kind of funny how the people working on this still call her Spider-Gwen, when's she's supposed to be Ghost Spider. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.

Featured Posts