"Marvel Rising" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frontier

Staff member
I guess this gives us a good idea of what the animation style will look like :).

I was expecting it to look a little different then the Marvel Animation house style, though it looks more Avengers Assemble then Marvel's Spider-Man :sweat:.

Though having said that, it's still kind of funny that characters from other cartoons look pretty different here :p.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Personally, Spider-Man is the show that these designs look closest to. Captain Marvel definitely looks the same as she did in her Marvel Super Hero Adventures short. I was thinking the art Kidscreen used might be closest to final product but that was pretty different, too.

2018_FebMar_1100x600.jpg vlcsnap-2018-03-22-15h04m51s814.png

Has there been a consistent look for Squirrel Girl yet?

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
Personally, Spider-Man is the show that these designs look closest, too. Captain Marvel definitely looks the same as she did in her Marvel Super Hero Adventures short. I was thinking the art Kidscreen used might be closest to final product but that was pretty different, too.

View attachment 125332

I still think it's more Avengers then Spider-Man, if only because none of the female characters would probably be sporting long hair if they were on Marvel's Spider-Man :p.

bigdaddy313

Does that look like an animated feature film to anyone? Might as well make it a Disney XD show. Nothing compared to super hero girls

Roxas_Sora

Personally, Spider-Man is the show that these designs look closest to. Captain Marvel definitely looks the same as she did in her Marvel Super Hero Adventures short. I was thinking the art Kidscreen used might be closest to final product but that was pretty different, too.

View attachment 125332 View attachment 125342

Clearly Spider-Man is the same from the new series, but Captain Marvel next to him seems very poorly drawn, compared with Spidey and even the guy with the moustache/beard.

Frontier

Staff member
Clearly Spider-Man is the same from the new series, but Captain Marvel next to him seems very poorly drawn, compared with Spidey and even the guy with the moustache/beard.
That image is from the normal animation moments from the Marvel Super Hero Adventures series.

bigdaddy313

Yeah, this definitely doesn't look like it's being made with an animated movie budget :sweat:.
Definitely not.

Every time Marvel Animation does a project solo it's always disappointing.

This better be their last solo project, the need to co produce their shows cause obviously they can't not with the budget they are given.

Frontier

Staff member
Definitely not.

Every time Marvel Animation does a project solo it's always disappointing.

This better be their last solo project, the need to co produce their shows cause obviously they can't not with the budget they are given.
I'm kind of a little worried about Moon Girl now...

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
I'm kind of a little worried about Moon Girl now...

I have a lot of faith in Titmouse. Fishburne's production company is involved as well and I have no idea what standards they might aim for, as far as writing or animation. Marvel was in charge of EMH and Ultimate Spider-Man but with Film Roman in charge of animation production, those shows looked better than anything that was done in-house afterwards. I at least hope that the same thing happens with Moon Girl (if they really even go forward with it).

I'm still hoping that Rising turns out decent especially since it's something they seem to really want to push and since it's a little cheaper to make 6 shorts and a movie than a 26 episode season. It feels silly continuing to try and be optimistic about this stuff sometimes but I just have to hope.

TheLemsterPju

Does that look like an animated feature film to anyone? Might as well make it a Disney XD show. Nothing compared to super hero girls

Really? I found Super Hero Girls dull and generic in its writing and visuals. (All the female characters had the same facial designs; which is a design aspect I hate in animation.)

Plus it's for preschool girls...

bigdaddy313

Really? I found Super Hero Girls dull and generic in its writing and visuals. (All the female characters had the same facial designs; which is a design aspect I hate in animation.)

It worked for what it was but at the same time it looked finished, it was rendered better and way better colouring mechanics that made it look like a big budget series.

Frontier

Staff member
I don't know why it's so hard for Marvel cartoons to have brighter coloring and more prominent shading in their shows.

Is it a budget thing that everything has to feel so de-saturated?

WebMasterSage

Obey the Pecking Order.

There's also gonna be a TV series done by the Producer of My Little Pony.

Troy Troodon

Still better than TTGO! or the Not-PPG.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter

Well, DC Superhero Girls is a 26-episode-per-season (13 in season 1) web series, which are usually low budget, hence why some corners are cut in animation, and why most of its cast consists of professional voice actors. The TV series will most likely be a little better looking. Plus, Shea Fontana, the showrunner for the main series, is known primarily for preschool animation, such as Doc McStuffins, Dorothy And The Wizard Of Oz, and Disney Palace Pets, though DC Superhero Girls is rated TV-Y7 instead of TV-Y like the other shows, so it's technically made for older kids.

Back to the movie at hand, I do wonder why Marvel hasn't co-produced a show with another animation company since Ultimate SpiderMan. I mean, I think this, Guardians 2015, Avengers 2013, and SpiderMan 2017 look good visually, through Ultimate SpiderMan is the best one from a visual standpoint. Big Hero 6 The Series has great animation, but Marvel has little involvement in it, while Disney handles everything, so I'm not how much it counts.

bigdaddy313

Well, DC Superhero Girls is a 26-episode-per-season (13 in season 1) web series, which are usually low budget, hence why some corners are cut in animation, and why most of its cast consists of professional voice actors. The TV series will most likely be a little better looking. Plus, Shea Fontana, the showrunner for the main series, is known primarily for preschool animation, such as Doc McStuffins, Dorothy And The Wizard Of Oz, and Disney Palace Pets, though DC Superhero Girls is rated TV-Y7 instead of TV-Y like the other shows, so it's technically made for older kids.

Back to the movie at hand, I do wonder why Marvel hasn't co-produced a show with another animation company since Ultimate SpiderMan. I mean, I think this, Guardians 2015, Avengers 2013, and SpiderMan 2017 look good visually, through Ultimate SpiderMan is the best one from a visual standpoint. Big Hero 6 The Series has great animation, but Marvel has little involvement in it, while Disney handles everything, so I'm not how much it counts.
Big Hero 6 has smooth animation, beautiful colours, great shading for great lighting presentation, as beautiful as Marvel's past which is a darn shame.

Is this what Marvel can't do?

https://news.marvel.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/MARVELRISING_POSTCARD-1.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.

Featured Posts