"Marvel Rising" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLemsterPju

I'm guessing that will probably be centered around Gwen and Captain Stacy :).

Which I still find kind of funny given the latter hasn't even shown up in Marvel's Spider-Man yet :p.

I'm curious if Marvel Rising will have any connection to Marvel's Spider-Man or the other shows.

Frontier

Staff member
I'm curious if Marvel Rising will have any connection to Marvel's Spider-Man or the other shows.
I'm curious if we see any other Marvel heroes if they'll still be played by their cartoon VA's.

They kept Kamala's VA but recast Carol. I would say the same about Gwen but technically they brought Dove Cameron back :sweat:.

Frontier

Staff member
I'm getting a lot more of a DC Super Hero Girls vibe from this, with the main series consisting of shorts and films, the kind of consumer products they will have available, and the surveying emphasizing what girls are looking for.

Dudley

Staff member
Apparently DC Superhero Girls is a pretty big success, as I heard that’s it’s leading DC to start focusing more on graphic novels for the YA market since the DCSHG comics were selling really well, and with an actual series meant for TV on the way, Marvel Rising could be a big hit.
I can only imagine how much more successful it can be one they’re finally able to add X-Men characters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magmaster12

Master of MAGnets
Staff member
Reporter
Isn't that Star Wars cartoon they're doing more of the answer though?

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
It's not much, but I found this interview with Kamil McFadden. He talks about this project a little towards the end. I presume the mention of "Elijah Bradley" is an oversight.

McFadden is keen to explore other facets of the industry, starting with his new project, where he’ll be playing Elijah Bradley (a.k.a Patriot) in the new animated TV show Marvel Rising: Secret Warriors.
Asking him why he was drawn to this project, he mentioned the diversity amongst the cast was a big qualifier. “There is just a a good range of diverse characters, there’s a Hispanic character played by Cierra Ramírez, and a Middle eastern character played by Kathreen Khavari.”
When he was auditioning for the show, McFadden explained that it was a vibrant and energetic environment. “The production process was amazing, it felt like a live audition. There were other actors there doing their table read and I could play off them. It flowed a lot better than if I read the script alone. It was a great experience.”

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Maybe it is Eli:confused:
There seems to be a rights issue blocking use of the Bradleys, which seems to be what spurred the creation of the new guy. It's pretty interesting how no animation exists for the Young Avengers aside from Cassie being seen as a little girl here and there, and now with America in Marvel Rising. They're not old enough to be iconic characters or current enough to be the In flavors.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Frontier

Staff member
There seems to be a rights issue blocking use of the Bradleys, which seems to be what spurred the creation of the new guy. It's pretty interesting how no animation exists for the Young Avengers aside from Cassie being seen as a little girl here and there, and now with America in Marvel Rising. They're not old enough to be iconic characters or current enough to be the In flavors.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
I'm kind of surprised they haven't tried to work in Kate Bishop as Hawkeye in something yet. She would probably be a good fit for this :).

Wiccan and Hulking also probably have the issue that they're both associated with characters that are off-limits to the cartoons (Scarlet Witch and Skrulls respectively).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.

Featured Posts