"Marvel Rising" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frontier

Staff member
Is that the Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects game? I never got to play that but I think I watched a review recently.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
No, I'm referring to this:

I could swear there was some kind of "Marvel Rising" tagline attached to this, but I might have been imagining it.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
All right, I remember that footage.

I browsed through Amazon to see if they had any upcoming book titles related to Marvel Rising (like they sometimes do for these new brands) and I didn't see anything.

Sent from my AT7-B using Tapatalk

Mr.O

- Kathreen Khavari will return to voice Ms. Marvel, aka Kamala Khan, Marvel's first-ever Muslim hero. :confused:
lol

I agree with everyone who says that this is an answer to Super Hero Girls. Sadly I doubt thatMarvel's writing will match their DC counterpart. I do think the lineup could've been better though. 2 American themed heroes (I know who Chavez is)? Is Patriot even alive in the 616? Seems kind of random promoting him. If marvel really wanted to promote more teen boys of color, I'd rather see Triange, Gentle, Flint, or a better portrayal of Miles.
But the more animations Marvel pump out, the greater the chance that they will finally produce a gem, so here's hoping.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Thinking about it some more, it would have been nice if they added Reptil to this line-up.

Then there's the 18 year-old version of Falcon that has been featured prominently on Avengers Assemble. :p

Frontier

Staff member
Thinking about it some more, it would have been nice if they added Reptil to this line-up.
I've seen people suggest they should've thrown in some Avengers Academy kids in there but then I tell them that the only Academy kid Marvel remembers is Reptil :sweat:.

Venom Melendez

-

I Sadly I doubt that Marvel's writing will match their DC counterpart.

Too early to say that. But the person they got to write this seems to have a good resume.

I s Patriot even alive in the 616? Seems kind of random promoting him.

You must not be keeping up with current comics, no offense, because it's not random at all.

The Patriot they picked for the show is the one they introduced recently. So recent, that i'm surprised he's in this. Unless maybe he was created for this first.

And if you were asking about Eli Bradley, yes he's alive, but he retired.

I've seen people suggest they should've thrown in some Avengers Academy kids in there but then I tell them that the only Academy kid Marvel remembers is Reptil :sweat:.

I don't think they remember him either.

macattack

I see you!
Staff member
Reporter
There's apparently a rights issue with Eli Bradley and his family, which is why he's not Patriot in this.

Yeah that's what I've heard too. Apparently Eli, Isaiah, and everyone and everything related to them is off-limits for Marvel to use. I don't know how or why rights issues could come up (perhaps it's something similar to the infamous issues that plagued Archie Comics' long run of Sonic the Hedgehog), but they seem to exist for these characters. Marvel can't even mention them anymore.

They basically had to create a new Patriot from scratch and Rayshaun is more or less a renaming of Eli with some background and personality differences.

What irks me is that they have the nerve to call this "Secret Warriors" when the actual lineup has extremely little to do with anything remotely iconic to comics fans as "Secret Warriors". It's basically a wholesake remake outside of Quake.

Mr.O

Too early to say that. But the person they got to write this seems to have a good resume.

You must not be keeping up with current comics, no offense, because it's not random at all.

The Patriot they picked for the show is the one they introduced recently. So recent, that i'm surprised he's in this. Unless maybe he was created for this first.

And if you were asking about Eli Bradley, yes he's alive, but he retired.

I don't think they remember him either.
No offense taken. I still read Marvel, but only a little bit. Where is this new Patriot in the comics?

There's apparently a rights issue with Eli Bradley and his family, which is why he's not Patriot in this.

So Eli is in corporate Limbo? Sucks when that happens.

ChessKing

No offense taken. I still read Marvel, but only a little bit. Where is this new Patriot in the comics?

So Eli is in corporate Limbo? Sucks when that happens.

The new Patriot first appeared in the Secret Empire comics and its tie ins (Mostly the Champions) then after the Secret Empire ended he became Falcon's sidekick where they deal with the gang violence in Chicago and are unaware that Blackheart is posing as the Mayor of Chicago.

Venom Melendez

What irks me is that they have the nerve to call this "Secret Warriors" when the actual lineup has extremely little to do with anything remotely iconic to comics fans as "Secret Warriors". It's basically a wholesake remake outside of Quake.

That's not exactly true.

Inferno, Ms.Marvel and Quake are all part of the current Secret Warriors book.

macattack

I see you!
Staff member
Reporter
That's not exactly true.

Inferno, Ms.Marvel and Quake are all part of the current Secret Warriors book.

I was intentionally excluding Inferno and Kamala because they're not iconic Secret Warriors. Kamala's on too many teams to count and Inferno is on his first stint. Quake is the only classic Secret Warrior on this team.

I apologize if I was not clear.

Venom Melendez

I was intentionally excluding Inferno and Kamala because they're not iconic Secret Warriors. Kamala's on too many teams to count and Inferno is on his first stint. Quake is the only classic Secret Warrior on this team.

I apologize if I was not clear.

Still not very clear, since Secret Warriors doesn't have an "iconic" line up.

And Kamala isn't on too many teams, she's only in two(Champions and Secret Warriors). Two isn't too many to count.

Also, "iconic" and "classic" are two different things. In any case, it has more ties to the Secret Warriors than just Quake, Kamala's and Dante's inclusion does count.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
This team does feel more like a Champions (at least reflecting the current version of the group) team then the Secret Warriors.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Looking at the Into The Spider-Verse teaser made me think of how this is the first animated feature done by Marvel featuring a Spider-Man character (This is a movie , right?). I wonder how that happened.

Sent from my AT7-B using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts