"Marvel Rising" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

• Enter to win two tickets to MIRAI plus Merch. Details here.

Latest News & Videos

Dudley

Staff member
Aug 10, 2003
Ratings
2,741 29
East Coast of USA
www.dtoons.com
I've noticed in recent years when the "not forced" and "natural/organic" buzzwords are used when women take charge in a media project, especially a Marvel one, it never feels that way. Keeping my expectations way low for this one.
Of course it isn’t. This is all a cash-in to compete with DC SHG, and sell stuff to girls. The only way it’ll not seem “forced” or “organic” is if one of the characters become hugely popular, and they later take advantage of it by putting more focus on said character. Because at that point, it’ll be the general consensus of the fans (or specifically, the target audience) not the corporations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheLemsterPju

Jan 17, 2015
Ratings
1,544 10

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,582 46
Sherman Oaks CA
It's not much, but Marvel released a clip with Dove Cameron discussing her role as Gwen Stacy.
So is Dove Cameron one-shot/publicity Gwen Stacy while Laura Bailey is cartoon Gwen Stacy :sweat:?

Although it is kind of amusing that this version of Gwen sounds more like comic Spider-Gwen then the Marvel's Spider-Man version does :p.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
Ratings
8,019 6
A Valid Location
May 14th:
As it turns out, I only now discovered Chen's Twitter account and her work on this project, but she has shared some other designs for the last week or so. I'll just link to them, not embed all Tweets here so it won't take too long for the page to load.

- Ms. Marvel
- Quake
- Squirrel Girl
- Patriot
- Inferno

June 1st:
Here's a clip where Cierra Ramirez briefly talks about her character, America Chavez:

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,582 46
Sherman Oaks CA
So will this only be a film? Or is it also turning into a animated series.
I believe it's a series of shorts that lead into an animated film, though I wouldn't be surprised if there's an actual series that follows up from it :).

Although with the stars involved, that would probably involve some re-casting :sweat:.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

Happy 20th birthday to PPG. Even in the good times and the bad times, you're still a show worth watching.
Holy smokes! Churned out 15 freaking pages of the latest Gilda and Meek today! I am in the freaking zone and so happy with how things are going in the final issue I will be posting on Toon Zone.
Asa
Happy 90th birthday to Mickey, 20th birthday to PPG, and 30th birthday to LBT & O&C.
Happy 20th Birthday to the one, the only... THE POWERPUFF GIRLS!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCA1cifF4fY
Happy 35th anniversary to A Christmas Story, happy 20th anniversary to PPG, and happy 90th birthday to Mickey Mouse!