• Enter to win two tickets to Howl's Moving Castle. Details here.

"Marvel Rising" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frontier

Staff member
Guess I'm not surprised that the Carol video would be more talking about how awesome Carol is. I know Kamala is Carol's fangirl since her inception but I feel like they could tone down the Carol shilling a little :sweat:.

I see they juts re-used the Avengers promo art but I wonder if that's actually accurate to the Avengers roster in this universe? Granted, it's basically the Avengers Assemble team minus Hawkeye :p.

I don't know if I'd say she had an "epic origin" since it really didn't sound that complicated, but at least that confirms Carol was still experimented on by the Kree in this universe (which explains her knowing about them in the movie) :ack:.
Alpha Flight? I'm really out of touch with the comics.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
It's from the current Carol comics, but I'm not sure if it was actually mentioned in the movie or not :confused:.

Roxas_Sora

I'm really confused. Ghost Spider (Spider-Gwen) here seems to have more in common with Gwen Poole (Gwenpool) than with Gwen Stacy; specially the pink part of her hair.

Frontier

Staff member
I'm really confused. Ghost Spider (Spider-Gwen) here seems to have more in common with Gwen Poole (Gwenpool) than with Gwen Stacy; specially the pink part of her hair.
Honestly, hair aside, I'd say this version of Gwen resembles Spider-Gwen from the comics much more then any other adaptions have.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
The characters seem a lot different from the little I know of them. Even when it comes down to the hair, Stacy's is usually long while Poole rocks more of a bob. The blonde hair with pink edges feels unique to Poole in the comics but it's a cute look. I don't blame them for using it.

Frontier

Staff member
Daisy's purple tipped hair reminds me of Raven's red tipped hair for DC Superhero Girls, hence why it doesn't feel weird to me.
At least that was actually from the comics, since it was used in her recent DC Rebirth design. I guess the red is supposed to be a reference to Trigon :confused:.

Frontier

Staff member
And it's Daisy's turn now...

It's kind of funny watching them talking about Daisy as a SHIELD agent, her high security clearance, and trustworthiness as an agent when in the movie she ends up getting arrested by her own organization :p.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
It's pretty surprising that they're putting it on YouTube. I wonder if they'd put more movies up if it does well, like maybe having Frost Fight up for the holidays.

SweetShop209

It's pretty surprising that they're putting it on YouTube. I wonder if they'd put more movies up if it does well, like maybe having Frost Fight up for the holidays.

It's probably due to its status as tv movie (and you can watch for free) as opposed to Frost Fight (and Hulk 2016) being DVD movies (where you pay), and how they haven't aired on tv . It's probably also because this movie is available on Watch Disney Now, and they're just expanding viewership .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

One Sensual Sensation
One of the good things about Disney's Fox acquisition is that they finally acquired the distribution rights to A New Hope. I hope they can re-release the original trilogy without the Special Edition alterations.
Don't just kinda TV. Time Warner Cable is now WarnerMedia Satellite by AT&T|DIRECTV.
Vasantham has arrived.
I might as well need to make my April Fool's Day pranks for this year because why not, yet there's also the issue with studying.