"Marvel Rising" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

• Enter to win two tickets to Whisper of the Heart. Details here.

Latest News & Videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
Guess I'm not surprised that the Carol video would be more talking about how awesome Carol is. I know Kamala is Carol's fangirl since her inception but I feel like they could tone down the Carol shilling a little :sweat:.

I see they juts re-used the Avengers promo art but I wonder if that's actually accurate to the Avengers roster in this universe? Granted, it's basically the Avengers Assemble team minus Hawkeye :p.

I don't know if I'd say she had an "epic origin" since it really didn't sound that complicated, but at least that confirms Carol was still experimented on by the Kree in this universe (which explains her knowing about them in the movie) :ack:.
Alpha Flight? I'm really out of touch with the comics.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
It's from the current Carol comics, but I'm not sure if it was actually mentioned in the movie or not :confused:.

Reactions: 1 person

Roxas_Sora

Apr 5, 2007
South of Europe
I'm really confused. Ghost Spider (Spider-Gwen) here seems to have more in common with Gwen Poole (Gwenpool) than with Gwen Stacy; specially the pink part of her hair.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
I'm really confused. Ghost Spider (Spider-Gwen) here seems to have more in common with Gwen Poole (Gwenpool) than with Gwen Stacy; specially the pink part of her hair.
Honestly, hair aside, I'd say this version of Gwen resembles Spider-Gwen from the comics much more then any other adaptions have.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Feb 27, 2008
177A Bleecker Street
The characters seem a lot different from the little I know of them. Even when it comes down to the hair, Stacy's is usually long while Poole rocks more of a bob. The blonde hair with pink edges feels unique to Poole in the comics but it's a cute look. I don't blame them for using it.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
And it's Daisy's turn now...

It's kind of funny watching them talking about Daisy as a SHIELD agent, her high security clearance, and trustworthiness as an agent when in the movie she ends up getting arrested by her own organization :p.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Feb 27, 2008
177A Bleecker Street
It's pretty surprising that they're putting it on YouTube. I wonder if they'd put more movies up if it does well, like maybe having Frost Fight up for the holidays.

SweetShop209

Jan 5, 2014
www.deviantart.com
It's pretty surprising that they're putting it on YouTube. I wonder if they'd put more movies up if it does well, like maybe having Frost Fight up for the holidays.

It's probably due to its status as tv movie (and you can watch for free) as opposed to Frost Fight (and Hulk 2016) being DVD movies (where you pay), and how they haven't aired on tv . It's probably also because this movie is available on Watch Disney Now, and they're just expanding viewership .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

FXX is now starting The Simpsons back at episode 1 for the first time since January, now we'll see if "Stark Raving Dad" will actually be skipped

*UPDATE: Yep, it's being skipped next Monday.
So... Universal Kids is really airing Totally Spies. This makes it the third network in the US to broadcast it. First was Fox/ABC Family, followed by Cartoon Network after ABC Family made it clear that they didn't want to air cartoons that weren't Jetix(or its prototype), and eventually family programming in general(outside of the holidays). I don't know how to feel.
One of the games on Camp Nick is kinda similar to Crystal Maze, which it will later then air on Nickelodeon in future
Me: Oh DARN. I can't believe I'm going to miss the LIVE premiere of Amphibia at 10 because of a stupid doctor's appointment!
*At 9:30, doctor's office calls*
Receptionist: Your appointment has been cancelled. You'll have to reschedule.
Me: :D *gleefully sings Hallelujah from Handel's Messiah*
Just noticed the MTV Movies & TV Awards will be airing on Nick at Nite, they add more networks to simulcast it every year.