"Marvel Rising" News & Discussion Thread, Part 2 (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Feb 27, 2008
177A Bleecker Street
I thought they might put this out before the year wraps up. I'm on board as always. I hope that they deliver. I'm really curious whether this will be the end of the franchise or if there's anything baking for next year though.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
A Valid Location
Re-posting the synopsis and crew for the special, just in case.
Marvel Rising: Playing With Fire stars Tyler Posey as the brooding, hot-headed loner Inferno. In this special, Inferno's powers are stolen by a young and powerful villain, and it's up to the Secret Warriors to defeat their new foe and help their friend. But does Inferno even WANT his powers back? Meanwhile, America Chavez, voiced by Cierra Ramirez (Good Trouble), learns a lesson about friendship and family from teammate Ms. Marvel.
Marvel Rising is executive produced by Joe Quesada, Dan Buckley, Cort Lane, and Eric Radomski; co-executive produced by Sana Amanat, and Marsha Griffin. Alfred Gimeno served as supervising animation director. Marvel Rising: Playing With Fire was written by Danielle Wolff.

SweetShop209

Jan 5, 2014
www.deviantart.com
I thought they might put this out before the year wraps up. I'm on board as always. I hope that they deliver. I'm really curious whether this will be the end of the franchise or if there's anything baking for next year though.

Maybe they'll reveal more specials as we get closer to the airdate.

Reactions: Frontier

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
Looking good! I like the new song too :cool:.

I wonder if nerd girl is completely original or based on someone. Maybe the necklace is from the comics? I don't recognize it off-hand :confused:.

Man, with everyone's powers getting stolen, would've been a good time to have Patriot around since he's the only one on the team without powers...Or Ironheart. I doubt she could steal the powers of a metal armor :ack:.
Maybe they'll reveal more specials as we get closer to the airdate.
I recall that was the case for "Heart of Iron" :).

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Feb 27, 2008
177A Bleecker Street
It's kind of funny that I thought Rising might be safer under Marvel Television than Marvel Animation. I wasn't expecting the complete dissolution of Marvel television. Now it's just time to wait and see how things go here.

There's not even an idea of how merch sold with the Target deal or if that might help lead to more from this franchise

Reactions: Frontier

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
Well, the coming out scene Lane mentioned writing for didn't happen in Playing With Fire, but it could be they had specials in production that got canceled if Marvel Studios doesn't want to move forward with Marvel Rising (which I guess is how things work now?).

Although I still think they had potential X-Men or FF cartoons in production or were planned before Marvel Television got dissolved and Lane was let go. It would explain why they didn't announce anything after talking about it.

Could be the same for any future Marvel Rising specials.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Feb 27, 2008
177A Bleecker Street
6 shorts, 1 movie, 2 44-min specials, 3 22-min specials. If we had to look at all of the Marvel Rising stuff as a TV show, I'd say it was a pretty good season. Definitely one of the best things that came out of Marvel Animation Studios.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

What in the actual heck is going on with Marvel's animation division?!
I couldn't care less about another shared universe...but c'mon and get one of these myriad of projects going already.

TV kids history has added movies and specials for cartoon network, nickelodeon. Maybe they will later add Disney soon.

There also included every tv series aired on nick so far
Last Mr.Enter post but how can anyone read this and not consider author to be whiny Internet Toxicity by MrEnter on DeviantArt
January 24, 1987 marked Bill Farmer being the official voice of Goofy. Now he celebrates doing the voice for 33 years. Happy anniversary my good friend.

Yeah, seasons 3-4 made quite a few mistakes.